Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-15-2022, 09:41 AM   #1
KindaOrange

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
Smile SS Reliability/issues/track wear

Positive this thread has existed before, but interested in a refreshed discussion as vehicle lives continue to lengthen.

Wondering what sort of major issues (if any) you've had with your Camaro SS. I'm strictly interested in the SS (without modifications).

Outside of the A8 transmission shudder (which was easily fixed for free and hasn't re-emerged), I haven't had a single issue and am very impressed. My 2018 2SS (non-1LE, auto) has just shy of 50,000 miles and nearing double-digit track days. I change oil when the monitor says so, run exclusively 93 gas (of course) and swap brake fluid frequently around track events (have the 4-pistons, running whatever fluid GM puts in it without issue, I did remove the air dams). I've replaced the brake pads, rotors & tires (again, with all OEM equipment).

Am I just doing something right? Maybe I'm lucky? Maybe it's still too new? Or maybe this car is actually reliable?

Interested in reading your experiences... Please share mileage and # of track days
KindaOrange is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brakes, engine, issues, reliability, track days