Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-16-2021, 11:46 AM   #15
CamaroDreams76
Tri-County Camaro SWFL

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS/1LE
I didnt even watch the video. Just did, sounds like there's a small cam in it. On the video there's two rat nests of wires not one like I mentioned.

Glad you chosen to stay clear of that one.
Old 11-16-2021, 01:11 PM   #16
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
Miles, price, pictures of the theft damage, etc?
Without that no way.
It could be a diamond in the rough if the price were LOW but a 2 second vid of the motor isn't wowing me.
2018 SS wheels, red Heritage grille, actual driving lights, ZL1 strut tower brace, GM Performance billet aluminum fuel door, front grille Bowtie delete, painted red rotors and calipers, 1/4 window American Flags, splash guards, AEM dry panel air filter.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 02:30 PM   #17
Scott S
Scott S

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
car

You can usually pay an inspector to go take pics and they are usually allowed to start it and see if it moves. They can not drive it though. I bought one from Copart and the inspector sent me 60 pics and called me when standing by the car. He was more than willing to take more pics. Only cost $150.00 at the time..I was highest bidder...
769HP/699 Torque LS3 heads ported and polished with BTR Spring kit & Trunion upgrade, LSA supercharger ported by DC Porting, 102MM throttle Body, 2.40 pulley upper pulley, Innovators West 10% Overdrive lower, BTR Stage 3 PDS Blower Cam, Mighty Mouse Catch Can, SMG Flex Fuel kit, SMG Aux Fuel System, FIC 1000 Injectors, MGW Flat Stick Shifter, RPM Stage Vll Transmission, McLeod RXT clutch, ARH 1 7/8 Headers, 3" X-pipe with Borla S-Type mufflers, ZL1 3:23 rear diff and Axles, 1LE suspension. Bmr Bushings in back. TUNING AND SPECIAL ALIGNMENT BY CARL@Twincitiesperformance
Scott S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 10:15 AM   #18
BiggFoot

Drives: 2010 Camaro (M6) 1000+ HP SBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbro View Post
Hi all, I'm thinking about bidding on this Camaro that was involved in a theft and side collision but something about the engine on the car feels off to me. I see that the gauge is displaying a check engine light but this might be from mods the owner installed, it looks like it may have an aftermarket exhaust. The only problem is all I have is a picture and video regarding the engine so I can't look at in person. You guys are much more familiar with these engines than I am so I was wondering if you could tell me if anything is off just from the pictures? Thank you.

Video: https://streamable.com/h6e85b
Cheapest route is not always the best. If you want to buy a Camaro that has been taken care of then I would look here in the forum for your car. Most of the guys here take excellent care of their cars and sometimes life throws us a curve ball and someone has to sell. I bought my Camaro here about 8 yrs ago and after much correspondence with the guy, knew he took excellent care of it. Wife and I flew to Chicago, bought the car, and drove it to Texas. Rest is history.
Kooks LT Headers and full 3" exhaust
Fore Triple Pump Fuel System with ID 1700X Injectors - E85 conversion

DSS 9” Conversion (1400 hp axles, driveshaft, pumpkin) & Strange 3.70 gears
McLeod RXT Twin HD Clutch & Upgraded Slave
RPM Level VII
TR6060
BMR Drag Suspension Package w/Strange shocks
Carlyle 15" and M/T ET Street R radials
10.1 @ 143 mph 1/4 mile

BiggFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 12:21 PM   #19
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Life's too short, move on imo
Old 11-18-2021, 08:40 PM   #20
Car Nation Videos
YouTube-Car Nation Videos

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro
Looks like it has a distributor or something. And he bought that catch can at Walmart.
Car Nation Videos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
check engine light, engine, fix, problem