Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-11-2021, 11:08 PM   #15
jesse121pm

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2ss 45th anniversary
So fast forward a couple days and I have blown the rear end or diff i dont know yet. i was attempting a burnout which I have done in many other cars. As I dropped the clutch it went no where and now every gear is netrual. It will move under its own power but then the transmission completely gives out and just revs while coasting. I turned off traction control and stability control by holding the button for 10 seconds. I've been in many camaros and done the same thing but this time it was on my own car and I now can no drive it. I am lucky because I have a warrenty from the dealership so everything will get fixed im just curious what it might be?
jesse121pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 11:09 PM   #16
jesse121pm

Thank you for the welcome messages I am very excited to be a part of a great sounding community. please dont bash me for breaking this car lol I worked hard for it and it will be back up and running in no time. We all make mistakes. I would still love to hear about your cars and the mods so i have ideas when i get this bad baby on the road again.
Old 11-12-2021, 03:37 AM   #17
morepowerjoe

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro l99
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse121pm View Post
So fast forward a couple days and I have blown the rear end or diff i dont know yet. i was attempting a burnout which I have done in many other cars. As I dropped the clutch it went no where and now every gear is netrual. It will move under its own power but then the transmission completely gives out and just revs while coasting. I turned off traction control and stability control by holding the button for 10 seconds. I've been in many camaros and done the same thing but this time it was on my own car and I now can no drive it. I am lucky because I have a warrenty from the dealership so everything will get fixed im just curious what it might be?
Sorry to hear that buddy. Hey it happens. Thanks goodness you got a warranty and it happened to be before you did any engine mods because they probably would have blamed it on the mods and not warrantied the rear end or whatever it is. Good luck
DSS FX Forged Pistons, Eagle ESP L19 Forged Rods, ARP Head and Main Studs, TSP PRC 260 CNC Ported Heads milled .030, Cometic .040 Head Gaskets, GPI SS3 VVT Camshaft, GM Performance Racing Lifters, CHE Trunnions , Molly Pushrods, Melling 10355HV Oil Pump, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Fast LSXR Intake Manifold, Nick Williams 103 TB, TSP 1 7/8" Longtubes with 3" TSP Exhaust, ZL1 Fuel Pump, Mishimoto Radiator, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, Tru Cool 40k Tranny Cooler, 3600 Circle D Converter, Fluid Dynamics Balancer

Build Thread https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609817
morepowerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 06:57 AM   #18
CamaroCracka

Drives: 2010 Turbo LS3
If you run it hard, you will break stuff. Never race anything you can't afford to set on fire and roll off a cliff.

Sounds like an axle to me, but it's under warranty so let them figure it out.

2011 Vert - 416/w 230/236 .612/.602 115lsa, 1LE suspension w/32mm rear bar. Z28 diff. ZL1 brakes.
CamaroCracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 07:34 AM   #19
George-CZ

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 and 1978 STROKER 383
And I will go against the flow and suggest that you leave this beautiful car with the uniqueness of the 2ss 45th anniversary edition in its original Matching Number condition. I only know 2 people who have a completely original preserved Camaro 5.
I think here was one member and then Jay Leno.

There will never be more of these cars. They will just decrease.
and the 2ss 45th anniversary edition ... It will have potential

K&N CAI, Stainless Power longtubes, high flow cats, modified Ragazzon High Performance axle back, Soler Performance ported throttle body, Soler Performance throttle controller, RAM clutch adjuster, modified LS7 clutch kit, Tick Performance billet bearing support, Tick Performance remote bleeder, separate clutch reservoir, BMR trailing arms, BMR toe rods, Pedders Suspension cradle bushing inserts, Control Arm Bushings, Strut tower brace, oil catch can, Hurst T-handle shifter, 20mm wheel spacers, DBA brakes, QTP Cutouts, Dynosteve tune.
George-CZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 05:06 AM   #20
jesse121pm

Thank you for being postive I understand if you run something hard stuff will break. It was just a burnout which i would assume a camaro will do with ease but the person that had this car before me beat the crap out of it and I got the bad end of the stick. It will be fixed and I am planning on keeping it looking the way it is but I would like to get a little more power out of it. It's a shame they are done making these beautiful cars. I might just have to go get an ss to do crazy mods to and keep this one how it is.
Old 11-13-2021, 05:08 AM   #21
jesse121pm

I know some fourms like on reddit people are just rude and like to act like they don't make mistakes. So thank you I am really impressed with this forum.
Old 11-13-2021, 06:36 AM   #22
George-CZ

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 and 1978 STROKER 383
I would keep it in the original.
Yes, those cars have a few things that annoy the normal driver. But as I said ... 2ss 45th anniversary edition it already has "weight"

K&N CAI, Stainless Power longtubes, high flow cats, modified Ragazzon High Performance axle back, Soler Performance ported throttle body, Soler Performance throttle controller, RAM clutch adjuster, modified LS7 clutch kit, Tick Performance billet bearing support, Tick Performance remote bleeder, separate clutch reservoir, BMR trailing arms, BMR toe rods, Pedders Suspension cradle bushing inserts, Control Arm Bushings, Strut tower brace, oil catch can, Hurst T-handle shifter, 20mm wheel spacers, DBA brakes, QTP Cutouts, Dynosteve tune.
George-CZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 03:29 PM   #23
joekono

Drives: Camaro Convertible 2014 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by George-CZ View Post
I would keep it in the original.
Yes, those cars have a few things that annoy the normal driver. But as I said ... 2ss 45th anniversary edition it already has "weight"
I agree!!!
Old 11-13-2021, 03:41 PM   #24
joekono

Drives: Camaro Convertible 2014 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse121pm View Post
I know some fourms like on reddit people are just rude and like to act like they don't make mistakes. So thank you I am really impressed with this forum.
Yeah, you won't find to many a**ho*es on this forum. You'll come away saying "gee, why can't we all live real close to each other so we can hang out with our Camaros every now and then". A lot of cool, SMART, people here. I cannot believe the knowledge that is on this forum. NEVER be afraid of posting something you might find embarrassing, because chances are you are gonna get the right answer(or steered towards it). I'm booing myself for the last emo.
Old 11-13-2021, 04:05 PM   #25
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Welcome and congrats!!

Popular first performance mods are typically cold air intake, check (unless you want a different one), long tube headers, catback/axle back exhaust check, and a tune. Also, since you have a manual a short throw shifter is a good upgrade. After that you have the choice of cam, and/or forced induction and that will depend on what you want to do with the car.

Cosmetic wise, I have loved my LED side markers, DRL upgraded bulbs with always on adaptor, ZTA spoiler, and while some find it "Mustang like" I like my sequential taillight adaptor.

I hope this helps! Good luck and happy modding!
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 06:26 PM   #26
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by joekono View Post
Yeah, you won't find to many a**ho*es on this forum. You'll come away saying "gee, why can't we all live real close to each other so we can hang out with our Camaros every now and then". A lot of cool, SMART, people here. I cannot believe the knowledge that is on this forum. NEVER be afraid of posting something you might find embarrassing, because chances are you are gonna get the right answer(or steered towards it). I'm booing myself for the last emo.
Lol, we can start it down here in Florida, where there are no emissions laws or inspections required! A gated Camaro Community. You must own at least one Camaro and be a muscle car enthusiast. We can do like the old Florida people and put it on an old airport and golf course. We could drive Camaro replica golf carts, car shows on Saturdays, have swap meet Sundays, maybe pool HOA funds to have a 1/4 mile track put in on property. The clubhouse would have burnout pad. The possibilities!

Alright, I might be getting a little carried away...
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 08:08 PM   #27
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
Lol, we can start it down here in Florida, where there are no emissions laws or inspections required! A gated Camaro Community. You must own at least one Camaro and be a muscle car enthusiast. We can do like the old Florida people and put it on an old airport and golf course. We could drive Camaro replica golf carts, car shows on Saturdays, have swap meet Sundays, maybe pool HOA funds to have a 1/4 mile track put in on property. The clubhouse would have burnout pad. The possibilities!

Putting my house up for sale tomorrow, DeSantis is a bad ass, and a whole community full of Camaro guys/gals sounds awesome. Definitely have to have it on an old airport so we use the runway for drags and top speed runs! We would have to have a COA instead of HOA for sure. And it’s mandatory to have at least one Camaro on blocks in the driveway getting beefed up

Ohh and Laps for charity at Daytona is on my buckets list, we could definitely do that as a community too!
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 12:47 AM   #28
SSammy

Drives: 2015 2SS A6 Commemorative Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post

I think you’re on to something, I’ll start packing my sh*t and put the house up for sale 😂
SSammy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mods