Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 12-02-2021, 08:49 PM   #29
Nilly Welson

Drives: Camaro Super Sport, Six on the Stik
No real issues with my 17 SS 6 speed. Regular maintenance like brakes and tires, until recently a bad rear shock(magnaride). Other than that pretty flawless so far at just over 50k miles.
Nilly Welson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 10:03 AM   #30
SomeGeoffGuy

Drives: 2023 2SS Convertible
Owned mine since December 2016. My car had all the normal issues that the early ones did, but nothing major. Did the fluid swap in my trans last year and it shifts perfect now. It still slow cranks occasionally, but I bough the extra ground cable for it which I am hoping corrects the issue (never had a no-start).

The one thing I would recommend for convertible owners is that if you hear the slightest clunking sound on bumps, go in and get your top adjusted. I had mine done under warranty three years ago, and it has been fine ever since. My suspicion is that the plant does the best it can. but it is sitting on a carrier, not on the wheels. After some time on the ground, the car settles here and there by a couple millimeters, and the top will start clunking around.

Love the car, plan on ordering a new one as soon as 2SS convertibles come off the restraint list!

-Geoff
SomeGeoffGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 12:22 PM   #31
SSDan

Drives: 2016 1SS 6MT NPP
Re-posting here per OP's request:

I just realized I have owned my SS six years as I bought it March of 2016. I'll share a few thoughts about the car:

- I still thoroughly enjoy the car and get a little thrill about driving it every time I take it out. For me a big part of that is the fun from the high torque engine and a 6 MT. That makes the driving experience so engaging. Please - I am not meaning to start the auto versus manual debate. The only reason I mentioned it is that I got lucky and found the perfect combination for me.
- It has 35,000 miles on it which would have been more like 45-50 K if not for the pandemic
- For those 35K miles I have had only one issue otherwise the car has been flawless. I've only needed to do fluid, filter and tire changes. I'm on my third set of tires. I'm running the Conti ECS now which is a better tire in every way over the OEM GY runflats except the initial turn-in is not as sharp as the GY.
-The only issue I've had was the hot start/slow crank problem. I took it to the dealer at 35 months for a warranty repair and their solution was to replace the battery. That helped for about one year.
- I fixed the slow crank problem myself by adding a ground cable between the engine block and the body. I did that 16 months ago and I have not had a slow crank since.
- I still get compliments and admiring looks. People like the car. My neighbors love the NPP exhaust and the start up bark! Again I got lucky in that the Hyper Blue color with silver rally stripes sets the car apart from the crowd - at least it does in my part of the world.

Some day I may get tired of the car but that day isn't on my horizon yet.

Thank you GM for building an amazing car!

2010 Camaro 2SS Cam/Headers/CAI/3.91 gears
476 rwhp/440 rwtq (sold)
SSDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 10:30 PM   #32
digitalfutur

Drives: 2018 Camaro RS 3.6 A8
4 years this June for my RS. After 30k miles, not a single issue apart from the A8 shudder, which wasn't a GM problem and was fixed with the flush. Battery and F1 run-flats were replaced last fall, but that's normal maintenance.

My Camara has only 4 options, RS package, A8, sunroof, and a block heater (never used)..less things to go wrong.
digitalfutur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 10:13 AM   #33
BrianL

Drives: 2016 2SS, Red Hot, NPP, Nav, M6
Have owned my 2016 2SS since new and no issues to report. Still a thrill to drive for me.
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 10:57 AM   #34
dhoogerhyde

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGeoffGuy View Post
Owned mine since December 2016. My car had all the normal issues that the early ones did, but nothing major. Did the fluid swap in my trans last year and it shifts perfect now. It still slow cranks occasionally, but I bough the extra ground cable for it which I am hoping corrects the issue (never had a no-start).

The one thing I would recommend for convertible owners is that if you hear the slightest clunking sound on bumps, go in and get your top adjusted. I had mine done under warranty three years ago, and it has been fine ever since. My suspicion is that the plant does the best it can. but it is sitting on a carrier, not on the wheels. After some time on the ground, the car settles here and there by a couple millimeters, and the top will start clunking around.

Love the car, plan on ordering a new one as soon as 2SS convertibles come off the restraint list!

-Geoff
Hey Geoff - I'm pretty new here and saw your post on restraints relative to the 2SS CAMCON. I was able to order about a month ago (and luck of the draw the dealer had an allocation) and I've got a target production week of 4/18. Not sure how long order banks are open on '22s, but maybe jump in?
dhoogerhyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 02:05 PM   #35
SomeGeoffGuy

Drives: 2023 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhoogerhyde View Post
Hey Geoff - I'm pretty new here and saw your post on restraints relative to the 2SS CAMCON. I was able to order about a month ago (and luck of the draw the dealer had an allocation) and I've got a target production week of 4/18. Not sure how long order banks are open on '22s, but maybe jump in?
Thanks for the tip - yea, I am ordering next spring or summer. I want a spring built 23 or a fall built 24. Hopefully all this BS will be over by then. My car only has 28k miles, so I should be trouble free for another year or so.

-Geoff
SomeGeoffGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 09:37 AM   #36
Strange Flavor

Drives: 17 Fifty SS, 11 2SS, 91 LSX C1500
2017 SS Since 2017
- 400 miles A8 Shudder Flush
- 1000 miles A8 Converter Replacement
- Slow start when hot on occasion

The whole A8 thing still kinda scares me. I always feel like I may feel it again at any moment. I normally keep cars until they don't run anymore but due to the A8 and the fact that I just want a ZL1 I'll be switching to that at some point. It's a shame about the A8 other than that the car hasn't given me any issues.

2011 SS 2012 - 2017
- Literally no issues
Still drove it home with a limp after someone T-boned me going 60.
Strange Flavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 10:21 AM   #37
SSDan

Drives: 2016 1SS 6MT NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Flavor View Post
2017 SS Since 2017

- Slow start when hot on occasion
Here is your fix for that:

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=586153

2010 Camaro 2SS Cam/Headers/CAI/3.91 gears
476 rwhp/440 rwtq (sold)