Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-19-2020, 11:12 AM   #1
TechSPC

Drives: Camaro Vert V6
Elite Engineering E2–X catch can install location

Does anyone have a picture of the passenger side mount location for the elite engineering E2-X catch can location with the short black bracket. It doesn’t appear to work with the engine cover stud. The only resource I found an elite’s site is a video that points to an install on a previously modified engine with the cold air intake so they were able to put it on the driver side.

Thank you
TechSPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 11:16 AM   #2
TechSPC

Obviously this isn’t right. https://share.icloud.com/photos/0P0C...cOMWhCV9VESfNA

https://photos.app.goo.gl/McjTBNgCzcN9KR4e6
Old 07-19-2020, 11:57 AM   #3
Pearlj10

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT
That’s where it goes on the LLT and I would think the LFX would be the same. But you actually have to remove that engine cover stud, install the E2 bracket on it, and reattach to the engine. It looks to me like you have the wrong bracket for your application. Below is a pic of the LLT bracket. Again, I don’t see why it’d be different than the LFX. Also, some members have extended that stud an inch or so to retain the engine cover. I’m not sure if it looks crooked at that point, since the oil cap side stays the same height, but you can search the forum to find those mods. Several members have done it.
Good luck!
Attached Images

Pearlj10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 12:06 PM   #4
TechSPC

I thought maybe the bracket was wrong but the invoice looked like it matched. I’ll keep trying with elite I guess. I have looked all over for a picture or actual instructions. It’s crazy that companies don’t have paper instructions anymore. I guess I’m getting old but it’s much easier to install something with a sheet of paper than a video. Don’t get me wrong it’s nice to have a video supplement but when your under the hood or under the car a piece of paper is much better!

Thanks for the reply.
Old 07-19-2020, 01:24 PM   #5
SIM GhostrdrZ

Drives: ‘14 Z/28 ‘14 ZL1 M6 vert
I put the elite on back in 14 when the car was new. Hope these pics help. This was before my cai and therefore I drilled a shorter mounting hole in the bracket so it’d clear factory intake and have the engine cover on. I added about an inch extension to cover bracket but you’ll need an engine oil fill adapter to make it look correct. It does all fit under the factory strut brace. Just do some searching on the forum to find info. It’s all available. Access to drain catch can is very nice with cai and that ugly factory intake out of the way. Hope this helps.
Good luck
Attached Images

SIM GhostrdrZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 02:21 PM   #6
TechSPC

Thanks Ghost, it does appear I have the wrong bracket. I was able to make it work for now by drilling two holes in it to attach the C clamp but hopefully Elite sends me the right one. I marred the other one up a little drilling. It and for the price of their top end system and black braided hoses I should be able to get the right parts. I had to make it work though because I cut the line. Your picture will also definitely help the next guy when they need a picture.
Old 07-19-2020, 05:03 PM   #7
Pearlj10

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT
Good pictures. OP definitely received the wrong bracket, unless Elite changed where they want you to mount it on the V6 (doubtful). Good luck OP.
Pearlj10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 06:22 PM   #8
TechSPC

Can anyone tell me if it’s normal to hear whooshing through the hose from the back of the valve cover to the top of the intake? I through a CEL for P0151 and P2098. Elite thought I had the hoses lose at the can. I took them off and the seemed fine. I troubleshot all day even going back to the stock setup (Hose to reconnect the front and back fitting.) still a whooshing noise and CEL.

I’m wondering if it was a coincidence that the CEL came on when it did. Maybe I do actually have a bad O2 sensor. It’s just I don’t remember hearing that whooshing before.

Thank You I’m advance.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0f0P...#Lakeside_Park

https://photos.app.goo.gl/aghYeGs3bDAMvTc79
Old 07-25-2020, 06:46 PM   #9
KillboyPowerhead

Drives: 2015 Z/22
The whooshing is normal; when I first heard it I thought I had a leak so to test I just squeezed the hose to the inlet side of the can to prevent flow and the sound went away, proving there was no leak at the can. Didn't get a CEL though.
Overkill/Self Tuned; Mace Camshafts; K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake; Ported 80mm Throttle Body/Intake Manifolds/Manifold Spacer; Solo Performance High-Flow Cats, Cat-back Exhaust; Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Controller; Elite Engineering E2 Catch Can; BC Racing BR Coilovers; JPSS Delrin Radius Rod Bushing Inserts, Sway Bars; Pegasus Aluminum Rear Cradle Bushings, Camber/Caster Plates; Z/28 Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Upper Control Arm Bushings, Rear Shock Mounts
KillboyPowerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 07:42 PM   #10
TechSPC

Ok yeah it goes away if I squeeze the hose. I guess I’ll replace the O2 sensor then. I spent most of today on this so I’d rather spend a little money and not waste another day.

Thank you!

Tags
catch can, elite, elite engineering