Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-14-2020, 03:39 PM   #1
subdivisions

Drives: 2019 LT1 Convertible
Rain drips into car when door open

I purchased my 2019 LT1 vert after a gal with the attention span of a goldfish ran a stop sign and totaled my PRISTINE 2011 Mazda RX8. I was heartbroken. Stupid F@cking, irresponsible, f'ing $@!!!. I was bitter for a while, but I'm over it now

Anyway, I have owned this car for about 6 months and i love it. I have never owned a convertible before. Here's what I'm noticing:
When it's raining and i open the door, water drips from the top into the car. It drips directly onto the carpet in the small gap between the seat and door jam. No big deal i guess, but I'm concerned about long term damage to the carpet or any padding that might be underneath. Anyone else notice this problem? A better question might be, is this a problem?

Thanks for you comments in advance!
subdivisions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 05:27 PM   #2
17rsvert

Drives: 2017 HBM 2LT RS Convertible V6 A8
Maybe keep a terrycloth hand towel in the car to put between the sill and seat when its raining. At least that will absorb the drips before they wet the carpet.
17rsvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 06:59 PM   #3
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
Same happens on the coupe.. every time.

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 07:23 PM   #4
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
the cars come with summer tires, that must tell you something about the intended use!

ha
c4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 03:41 PM   #5
subdivisions

Drives: 2019 LT1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17rsvert View Post
Maybe keep a terrycloth hand towel in the car to put between the sill and seat when its raining. At least that will absorb the drips before they wet the carpet.

I guess the terrycloth idea would work, but it's more of a stopgap. I assume there is not much i can do about the dripping ... not like i can put a rain guard on my soft top. My neighbor across the street has an ultra pimped 2016 coupe and this doesn't happen to him. I was really more interested in finding out if this is common to the convertible model and/or model year (2019). Does anyone else experience this drip problem.
subdivisions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 03:54 PM   #6
RickErnst
Rick's6inNJ

Drives: 2017 Vert 2LT RS V6
I have 2017 and that same dripping issue happens to me when it rains. Don't think there is anything you can do about it.
RickErnst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 04:38 PM   #7
Blue_6.2
Banned

Drives: 2019 1SS Convertible
Into each life (and convertible) some rain must fall.

It is well designed too, it comes in the heaviest exactly where my head is when I get in or out.
Blue_6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 11:33 AM   #8
SHRFT

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2ss 50 aniverssary vert
drip piping

My 2017 does it too. I water proofed more aggressively in that particular area around the door opening, didn't work. Sewing a bit of piping along the drip area, might help. I will be consulting an upholster shop to see about this drip problem. Mean while the terry cloth method is what I'm using.
SHRFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 09:19 PM   #9
BigRed7181

Drives: 2016 2SS Glacier White Convertible
It’s awesome! Even when you open the window same thing except it all lands in the window controls. Not the best design for sure.
16 2SS SUMMIT WHITE / NPP / MRC / 6MT / CONVERTIBLE / TINT / SPLITTER / SPLASH GUARDS / WHITE KNEE PADS / WINDSCREEN / BLACK BOW TIES / HASH TAGS / DIODE DYNAMICS / GM SMOKED TAILS / MORIMOTO / ALPINE / HERTZ / BLENTMOUNT
BigRed7181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 03:55 PM   #10
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by c4racer View Post
the cars come with summer tires, that must tell you something about the intended use!

ha
Uh, it rains in the Summer.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 06:19 PM   #11
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Take the good with the bad. For example : my friends Mustang vert. has less wind noise, no rattles or clunks, less rain infiltration with, open window, trunk space is better and seems to operate more quickly. On the other hand, the Camaro’s top is a cleaner look and can operate while moving up to 30 mph.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
convertible, drips, rain