Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 12-21-2016, 10:15 AM   #15
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
I have also seen this with other cars, in the winter months running lower octane gas. They were able to resolve the issue with the check engine light running a higher octane gas. Very odd, strange, but just an FYI.
hrpiii is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 10:32 AM   #16
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
I have also seen this with other cars, in the winter months running lower octane gas. They were able to resolve the issue with the check engine light running a higher octane gas. Very odd, strange, but just an FYI.
Yeah, it isn't worth the few cents you save buying cheap fuel.
Old 12-21-2016, 11:03 AM   #17
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
I got the CEL for the gas cap a few times. Couldn't figure it out, the code was something to do with the vapor sensor.

Found out it was because I was topping off the gas when I filled up. No more topping off... no more gas cap warning.
Old 12-21-2016, 11:56 AM   #18
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stacy View Post
I got the CEL for the gas cap a few times. Couldn't figure it out, the code was something to do with the vapor sensor.

Found out it was because I was topping off the gas when I filled up. No more topping off... no more gas cap warning.
+1

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 12:52 AM   #19
satxrider
Bad 45th

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversay Edition SS
I was having similar issues. I replaced the gas cap several times and was just about ready to pay over $500 to get the evap canister replaced but decided to do a careful check on the vacuum lines in the engine bay first. Found a cheap hard plastic line broken on both ends on a line that goes from one side of the throttle body to the other. Replaced it with $1 of rubber hose and problem fixed. I highly recommend you check your vacuum lines.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Magnuson TVS 2300 Supercharger / Alky Meth Injection / Lingenfelter GT12 Cam / Kooks LT Headers, 3 inch exhaust & QTP electric cut outs / Monster LT1-S Twin Disc Clutch / MGW flat blade short throw shifter / Haltech CAI / VMax Throttle Body / DSS Stage 3 axles/ BMR Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, Suspension Bushing and 1" lowering springs / Taylor 8MM Plug Wires / Tuned by Henderson Performance Technologies / EBC dimpled and sloted rotors / G2 Painted Calipers / GM Tower Strut Brace / ZL1 Factory Rep Wheels
satxrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
check engine light, gas cap, smoke test