Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 03-14-2016, 04:44 PM   #15
carlosdmartins
To help and to be helped!

Drives: '15 Camaro 1LT/RS, Black/Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasmanian View Post
Exactly. Occasionally, I'll get one if I set the throttle controller too high, and even then, it's not too often. About once in three months or so.
Holy cow. What is that "throttle controller". Is that something that comes with the no ghost tuner or it's a separate aftermarket part?

K&N Cold Air Intake, Oil Catch Can, Trifecta Tune, Z28 style spoiler, T5 front lip/side rockers, door sills, chrome fuel door, side gills, LED cree fog lights, Hotckins 1" lowering coil springs, auxiliary gauge pack, tower strut brace!
carlosdmartins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 05:29 PM   #16
chasmanian

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS
The throttle controller is made by Vitesse. It's an adapter that adjusts the delay when you hit the gas. The higher you set it, the less delay between hitting the gas and the car's reaction. It's separate from the tune.
chasmanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 05:30 PM   #17
carlosdmartins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjay Collins View Post
I'd start off by getting rid of the ghost cam and the TB spacer. I'd get rid of the TB spacer in general. It's useless unless you're going to mount methanol or nitrous nozzles.
You're not the 1st person that says that. I'm not that experienced in American muscle cars, I guess I'm trying to get as much power as I can w/o big mods.
I'll get rid of the ghost cam 1st.

K&N Cold Air Intake, Oil Catch Can, Trifecta Tune, Z28 style spoiler, T5 front lip/side rockers, door sills, chrome fuel door, side gills, LED cree fog lights, Hotckins 1" lowering coil springs, auxiliary gauge pack, tower strut brace!
Old 03-14-2016, 05:33 PM   #18
carlosdmartins

Thanks for the replies guys. This forum has been such a good help. I'll keep everyone updated with the situation.

Old 03-14-2016, 05:37 PM   #19
carlosdmartins

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasmanian View Post
The throttle controller is made by Vitesse. It's an adapter that adjusts the delay when you hit the gas. The higher you set it, the less delay between hitting the gas and the car's reaction. It's separate from the tune.
My head is spinning with so much info. Lol. You guys are true muscle car "geeks" (in the good sense of the word). I'll take a look into it.

Old 03-15-2016, 09:03 AM   #20
carlosdmartins

I don't want to open a new thread so I'm asking a question.
If I want to install a ported Arab and a Vitesse throttle controller, do I have to ask trifecta for a retune?

Old 03-15-2016, 09:43 AM   #21
carlosdmartins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjay Collins View Post
A ported Arab?!?! Rofl. No, the ported TB and throttle controller don't need retuning.
😂😂😂 oh my goodness, im sorry. This iPhone auto correct is crazy. Yes, but meant throttle body.
Thanks bud.

Tags
check engine light, ghost cam, stabilitrack, trifecta tune