Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 03-14-2016, 08:52 AM   #1
carlosdmartins
To help and to be helped!

Drives: '15 Camaro 1LT/RS, Black/Gray
Trifecta Tune/StabiliTrek and CEL

Hi there guys!
I'm new to this forum so moderators please feel free to move this post to the right location.
So I have a '15 Camaro 1LT/RS. I recently installed the trifecta tune with the "ghost cam" option, with it I put a TB spacer and a K&N SRI. After about 70+ miles, while stoped, the "Service StabiliTrek" display came on (and its lights) and also the CEL as well. I shut the car off for about 10 seconds and the StabikiTrek lights went way but not the CEL. The car seems to drive ok though.
Question to you guys is: could it be the "Ghost Cam" option? Today's Monday, I can only plug the car in on Wednesday and see what code is throwing.
Any help would be much appreciated.

K&N Cold Air Intake, Oil Catch Can, Trifecta Tune, Z28 style spoiler, T5 front lip/side rockers, door sills, chrome fuel door, side gills, LED cree fog lights, Hotckins 1" lowering coil springs, auxiliary gauge pack, tower strut brace!
carlosdmartins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 11:09 AM   #2
DaFisch
Master Amateur Mechanic

Drives: Victory Red 2011 2SS/RS
My guess is the throttle body spacer and ghost cam. I wouldn't mess with the ghost cam option unless it was a v8, the v6's don't tune as well and don't have as many parameters that can be messed with as easily. If you get a street or dyno tune I'm sure it could be fixed, but not with a canned one. As for the spacer, my friend with a chally had the same problem as well as my other with a 2013 v6 rs. It allows a strange current of air flow into the throttle body that ends up making the maf sensor bug out. try and disconnect your battery and let it sit for 15 mins. if when you plug it back in the stablitrak etc is working it is going to be the spacer.
Forged 418 Ls3 from Texas Speed, LSX heads from Texas Speed, Tick Turbo cam, Jakes/PCM/Billet 4l80e, 3200 Stall converter from Circle D, DSS 750 hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, stock 3.23 gears, TSW Wheels Front 20x10 Rear 20x11.5, Fabberage Twin Turbo Supercharger Killer kit with Upgraded Turbos, Squash Dual fuel pump, Full BMR Suspension/bushings, Holly High Rise intake manifold, ID1300 Injectors, Megan Coilovers, PCM of NC plug and play trans kit. HP/TQ TBA
DaFisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 11:14 AM   #3
carlosdmartins

@DaFisch
Thanks bud, I thought the same way as you. I just don't know what the StabiliTrek has to do with tuning and all that. I'm thinking about plug the car in, know what code is, clear it and then load the "no ghost cam" option and see what it does.
So you think a TB spacer is a waste then?

K&N Cold Air Intake, Oil Catch Can, Trifecta Tune, Z28 style spoiler, T5 front lip/side rockers, door sills, chrome fuel door, side gills, LED cree fog lights, Hotckins 1" lowering coil springs, auxiliary gauge pack, tower strut brace!
Old 03-14-2016, 11:16 AM   #4
ELIC1
Account Suspended

Drives: black and silver
i have the Trifecta Tune i did it before my headers i had the StabiliTrek and CEL come on 2 days later cleared it and it came back 3 days later.. i had to re-tuned" it and all is good for the last 3 years.. i then put on the PTB and the VTC and still no issues... all i am saying is you might have to get it re-tuned" . i had the option for the ghost cam and passed on it. did not want a fake cam in my car.. good luck
ELIC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 11:18 AM   #5
rfhall11

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet
Do you mean "re-tuned"?
rfhall11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 11:19 AM   #6
ELIC1
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfhall11 View Post
Do you mean "re-tuned"?
yes
Old 03-14-2016, 11:26 AM   #7
carlosdmartins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELIC1 View Post
i have the Trifecta Tune i did it before my headers i had the StabiliTrek and CEL come on 2 days later cleared it and it came back 3 days later.. i had to re-tuned" it and all is good for the last 3 years.. i then put on the PTB and the VTC and still no issues... all i am saying is you might have to get it re-tuned" . i had the option for the ghost cam and passed on it. did not want a fake cam in my car.. good luck
How do I get it retuned?

Thanks for all the replies.

Old 03-14-2016, 11:44 AM   #8
ELIC1
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosdmartins View Post
How do I get it retuned?

Thanks for all the replies.
where did you get it from.. did you do it your self...
Old 03-14-2016, 11:58 AM   #9
chasmanian

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS
I wouldn't start with re-tuning. Start with the easy, remove the ghost-cam option. My car didn't like it either.
chasmanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 12:14 PM   #10
carlosdmartins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELIC1 View Post
where did you get it from.. did you do it your self...
No, i ordered it from Phastek, gave the information of all the aftermarket parts I had and trifecta sent me a file with the tune.

Old 03-14-2016, 12:15 PM   #11
carlosdmartins

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasmanian View Post
I wouldn't start with re-tuning. Start with the easy, remove the ghost-cam option. My car didn't like it either.
That's what I will do 1st. Did you experience the same problems I mentioned?

Old 03-14-2016, 01:01 PM   #12
chasmanian

I got the CEL and stabilitrak error a few times. I also read somewhere in these forums that the aggressive ghost cam (which is the only one the lfx can get) causes issues with other users too.
Old 03-14-2016, 01:10 PM   #13
carlosdmartins

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasmanian View Post
I got the CEL and stabilitrak error a few times. I also read somewhere in these forums that the aggressive ghost cam (which is the only one the lfx can get) causes issues with other users too.
So I assume you went with the no ghost cam tune and you stopped having issues?

Old 03-14-2016, 03:55 PM   #14
chasmanian

Exactly. Occasionally, I'll get one if I set the throttle controller too high, and even then, it's not too often. About once in three months or so.

Tags
check engine light, ghost cam, stabilitrack, trifecta tune