Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 03-24-2011, 01:10 AM   #1
ICEMAN 316

Drives: FAST
Bluetooth problems with VZW HTC Thunderbolt

I'm having trouble with my HTC Thunderbolt keeping the bluetooth connected with my 2011 Camaro 2SS. It would connect for 30 secs then disconnect for 2 mins or so then reconnect and disconnect again after about 30 secs. Anybody know why this is happening? Thanks

Edit: So I have a partial fix for this issue. Here's how you keep the Bluetooth connected to GM cars:

1. Delete previous Thunderbolt pairs
2. Start a new pair
3. When the phone is paired with the car your Thunderbolt will ask If you want to connected the phone list (something like that forgot the exact wording)
4. Select "decline" and check the box that says "always" then click ok.

This will keep your phone connected with your car. It will not connected and disconnected anymore. The phone book was the problem. Only problem with this fix is you won't have your phone list on your car. You would have to dial from the thunderbolt. Let me know if this works for you guys.

Last edited by ICEMAN 316; 03-30-2011 at 05:14 AM. Reason: found a fix for this problem
ICEMAN 316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 09:45 AM   #2
jmart53

Drives: 2012 Cruze LTZ RS
My buddy just got that phone and I guess he has problems with all sorts of basic items that are standard on phones these days like bluetooth. I guess HTC/VZW spent so much time on the "ultra fast" 4G that is barely available to anyone and skimped out on the other essentials...that's my guess as I've seen it on many newer HTC phones...

If anything wait for an update (might fix BT connections), tho with android you will be outdated soon enough since there OS is so fragmented because of the number of hardware developed associated with software versions.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:16 PM   #3
Toasty
Custom User Title :D

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LT/RS
I am having the same issue. I have been reading online of bluetooth issues with other HTC phones, seems to revolve around the bluetooth stack used in the phone, standard bluetooth headset seems fine
Old 03-28-2011, 01:43 PM   #4
ICEMAN 316

i read on the forums that if you decline the phone book transfer or access then the bluetooth would stay connected. I'm going to try it when I get home.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:53 PM   #5
Toasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICEMAN 316 View Post
i read on the forums that if you decline the phone book transfer or access then the bluetooth would stay connected. I'm going to try it when I get home.
Working so far!
Old 03-30-2011, 05:12 AM   #6
ICEMAN 316

So I have a partial fix for this issue. Here's how you keep the Bluetooth connected to GM cars:

1. Delete previous Thunderbolt pairs
2. Start a new pair
3. When the phone is paired with the car your Thunderbolt will ask If you want to connected the phone list (something like that forgot the exact wording)
4. Select "decline" and check the box that says "always" then click ok.

This will keep your phone connected with your car. It will not connected and disconnected anymore. The phone book was the problem. Only problem with this fix is you won't have your phone list on your car. You would have to dial from the thunderbolt. Let me know if this works for you guys.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:40 AM   #7
Toasty

Yes, that works, but the phone doesn't remember the 'always' of.denying phonebook request, asks every time it connects. I hardly used the phonebook, voice dialing works. "Bluetooth...Voice...Call name..."
Old 04-03-2011, 04:08 PM   #8
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Drives: 2015 ZL1 6 speed
Send a message via AIM to IDEALG
my thunderbolt wont connect at all, its really pissing me off. i wanted to download all my phone numbers into the cars phonebook. i like using the car phone but i cant download : ( and unless im not doing it right but i cant punch in numbers to my cars phone book manually, why???
IDEALG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 01:17 AM   #9
Toasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEALG View Post
my thunderbolt wont connect at all, its really pissing me off. i wanted to download all my phone numbers into the cars phonebook. i like using the car phone but i cant download : ( and unless im not doing it right but i cant punch in numbers to my cars phone book manually, why???
the phonebook sync seems to be what is broken... delete the phone from the car, and delete the car from the phohe. pair the phone to the car again, but decline/deny the phonebook access. The voice dialing will still work, but you wont have name caller ID
Old 04-05-2011, 04:53 PM   #10
kobSS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I have a thunderbolt and it connected to BT first try. Never drops either. All I did is delete my old phone from the car, then re-connect the new phone from scratch. I always have BT set on on the phone, so it auto connect when i get in the car...
Pfadt'ed Out Level 4, Pfadt Featherlight Coilovers, Pfadt ZL1 Sways, Pedders Radius Rod Inserts, CTS-V Brakes, Borla S-Type, Quad Tips, Forgestar 22" F14's (Show), CAI Intake w/ scoop, Rx Catch-Can, AAC Lighting, Showstopper Sidemarkers

"Information is the oxygen of the modern age"

Build Thread
kobSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:18 PM   #11
Toasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnarlyBro View Post
I have a thunderbolt and it connected to BT first try. Never drops either. All I did is delete my old phone from the car, then re-connect the new phone from scratch. I always have BT set on on the phone, so it auto connect when i get in the car...
have you looked at the notifications on your phone after connecting? you likely have an incoming request to connect to the phonebook.
Old 06-04-2011, 03:19 PM   #12
AngeloVEnforcer

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT/RS
I have the same problem but after I connect it doesnt give me that message to connect to my phone list. It connects, but then it can never make the calls properly. I can connect to a call once, then it cuts off and then I'm shit outta luck. It just wont work.

Stupid Camaro...
AngeloVEnforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 03:42 PM   #13
Toasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngeloVEnforcer View Post
I have the same problem but after I connect it doesnt give me that message to connect to my phone list. It connects, but then it can never make the calls properly. I can connect to a call once, then it cuts off and then I'm shit outta luck. It just wont work.

Stupid Camaro...
It won't ask again if you told it to always allow the first time. Remove the phine from the car and pair it again.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:37 PM   #14
AngeloVEnforcer

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasty View Post
It won't ask again if you told it to always allow the first time. Remove the phine from the car and pair it again.

I've tried, now every time I step into the car I have to go to config and select the phone at the device. And then it's a crapshoot if it will connect and stay connected during the call.
AngeloVEnforcer is offline   Reply With Quote