Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-21-2013, 11:06 PM   #1
AngeloVEnforcer

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT/RS
30k Mile/2 Year Report (with questions)

Hey guys,

Just chiming in on how things are going on my car.

I finally had warranty work done on my Camaro. One of the rear taillights went out, so far that's about it.

My warranty has either 9 months or 3k miles left on it (bumper to bumper), should I extend it? Anybody have any expensive problems come up after 36k miles?

Still runs strong, but I'm only getting about 20mpg overall (90% city driving). The power still impresses me for a V6. But after 2 years I have a few regrets about the car or things I wish I could've done.

I wish my Camaro had MyLink, every time I go to the dealer I'm jealous.
I actually wished I purchased a white Camaro instead of grey, all of my cars have been grey and after seeing so many beautiful white Camaros, I'm officially jealous.

The only modification I've done is flowmaster axle-back exhaust. I love them.

I'm looking into getting a body kit, but I think I have to fix one of the rocker panels I clipped before I get one (which will add to the expense). Do you think it would be cheaper (and smarter) to get a rocker panel that isn't painted and put the body kit panels over them?

Still looking to get a billet grille, just haven't saved up enough money yet.

What are the pros/cons of getting a cold-air intake?
AngeloVEnforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:18 PM   #2
06_warrior

Drives: 2012 1SS LS3 M6 black on black :)
Usually the rocker panels come off to put a body kit on. At least mine did. I don't see any cons about using a CAI.
06_warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:20 PM   #3
AngeloVEnforcer

Which body kit did you get?
Old 04-21-2013, 11:31 PM   #4
06_warrior

Drives: 2012 1SS LS3 M6 black on black :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngeloVEnforcer View Post
Which body kit did you get?
GM GFX
06_warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:00 AM   #5
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngeloVEnforcer View Post
Hey guys,

Just chiming in on how things are going on my car.

I finally had warranty work done on my Camaro. One of the rear taillights went out, so far that's about it.

My warranty has either 9 months or 3k miles left on it (bumper to bumper), should I extend it? Anybody have any expensive problems come up after 36k miles?

Still runs strong, but I'm only getting about 20mpg overall (90% city driving). The power still impresses me for a V6. But after 2 years I have a few regrets about the car or things I wish I could've done.

I wish my Camaro had MyLink, every time I go to the dealer I'm jealous.
I actually wished I purchased a white Camaro instead of grey, all of my cars have been grey and after seeing so many beautiful white Camaros, I'm officially jealous.

The only modification I've done is flowmaster axle-back exhaust. I love them.

I'm looking into getting a body kit, but I think I have to fix one of the rocker panels I clipped before I get one (which will add to the expense). Do you think it would be cheaper (and smarter) to get a rocker panel that isn't painted and put the body kit panels over them?

Still looking to get a billet grille, just haven't saved up enough money yet.

What are the pros/cons of getting a cold-air intake?
You got the tail lights replaced under warranty? Mine went out after 2 weeks, and the dealer claimed it was normal wear, and refused to replace them.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:46 AM   #6
sloSS

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza7 View Post
You got the tail lights replaced under warranty? Mine went out after 2 weeks, and the dealer claimed it was normal wear, and refused to replace them.
I have never said this before, and hesitate to say it today, but,

I feel warranty should cover it.
But if warranty excludes bulbs - after only 2 weeks of ownership of your new car, the dealer should do it on their own nickel as a gesture of good will to show appreciation of customer.
sloSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:01 PM   #7
AngeloVEnforcer

They are covered under warranty. That's why it's called bumper-to-bumper warranty. The only things that will NEVER be covered under bumper-to-bumper are brakes.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:42 PM   #8
NorCalStorm

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS
I think that a white 2013 2SS would probably be the cheapest thing to do to fix that rocker panel!
NorCalStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:49 PM   #9
CamaroTom

Drives: 1/70 2013 BRM 2SS RS 1LE NPP NAV
I prescribe a 2013 summit white 1LE
Old 04-29-2013, 05:31 PM   #10
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
I would never take my car to a dealer for something as small as a $2 bulb and a 5 min fix in the parts store parking lot. Your taking a chance that they'll screw something else up or scratch it or something. Even if they were to fix something like that, who wants to go through the hassle. Just sayin.....

Dealers service work scares the crap out of me. I've seen too many horror stories where people take in their car for something minor to have it come out scratched or something.

With all that being said, I've had my car over 3 years but only 15k miles. No issues at all. However, I also have a 6yr extended warranty and plan to keep it. I only takes one heated seat or one small electronics issue to pay for it. Hope I never ever use it though.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:38 PM   #11
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Over 72k on the ODO. Had a squeaky HVAC motor replaced under warranty at 34k. Now the HVAC is starting to squeak again. Only issue.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:46 PM   #12
Jrichards73

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Victory Red
brakes are usually even covered under 12 or 18k depending on the manufacturer. I had a crooked caliper on a Chrysler once /|/ so the pads wore uneven and destroyed the rotors in 8k. All replaced under warranty.

Updates: BTR Stage 2 VVT Cam Kit w/Smith Brothers Trunnions, Fluidampr, RX catch can, B&M Trans pan mod, Kooks Black Headers, Borla S-tunes, Eibach Multi-Pro-R2 coilovers and Swaybars, BMR Full Bushing kit with Toe and Trailing arms, RB Rotors w/EBC Pads, GForce 1400 Axles (now on order). AVH-X5800BHS in Scosche GM5201AB.
Jrichards73 is offline   Reply With Quote