Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 03-31-2022, 09:58 PM   #57
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
"uninsured
motorist coverage pays for injuries and damages caused by a driver who has no insurance at all,
Incorrect depending on policy and state
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 10:59 PM   #58
Jofu

Drives: 2022 Wild Cherry ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8fanboy View Post
If there is no coverage, I could lastly sue him which would be a long process, and even if I were to get the money, it would most likely be over a payment plan since the Actual Cash value of the vehicle at the time of the incident was roughly $37,000. No sane person has this sort of money laying around + it does not guarantee me my money as he could prove himself bankrupt.
Sorry to hear of all the trouble, and I know the following doesn’t immediately help in any way… but I would respectfully argue that any sane person needs to have at least 6 months worth of cash or assets available in case anything bad happens like a job loss. Obviously in reality not everyone is able to, but I hope a high percentage of the population has ok savings for rainy days!

Best of luck with recouping at least some of the money.

Geoff
Jofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 07:44 AM   #59
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Plug the VIN of the car that hit you into Carfax and pull a title history report on it?
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 08:29 AM   #60
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveradoss573 View Post
Incorrect depending on policy and state

We were talking about NC, so i replied to him.
Post 16, 21 and 27

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 09:41 AM   #61
cdrptrks

Drives: 2017 Blue Camaro 1SS 1LE with PDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jofu View Post
any sane person needs to have at least 6 months worth of cash or assets available in case anything bad happens like a job loss. Obviously in reality not everyone is able to, but I hope a high percentage of the population has ok savings for rainy days!
Geoff
You would also hope that someone in their 60s would have some money and/or assets to fund retirement. The at-fault person is legally responsible to pay for the damage they caused to your car. Although their retirement funds would be protected in the case of bankruptcy, they would probably want to avoid filing bankruptcy or else they might have to use some retirement money to pay for a replacement car and/or apartment rent. Also the number of apartments that would rent to someone who recently completed bankruptcy filing would likely be much more limited, another factor that should make this guy want to avoid bankruptcy. I think it is likely you will get more money from the guy than it costs you for a lawyer even if it is spread out over time.

Last edited by cdrptrks; 04-01-2022 at 09:53 AM.
cdrptrks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 10:42 AM   #62
TP2SS

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
64% of people in this country live paycheck to paycheck.
Including 48% of those making 6 figures.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/08/as-p...gClub%20report.
Magnetic Ride Control
Dual Mode Exhaust
2019+ version Split Spoke Silver Wheels
Navigation
Silver Rally Stripes
TP2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 10:48 AM   #63
Speak99

Drives: Camaro 2020 2SS VERT
Most provinces in Canada have adopted no fault insurance. There are some benefits in that you provide you own coverage. The down side is that our rates are very expensive along with everything else in this country.
Speak99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 11:26 AM   #64
Silveradoss573

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
We were talking about NC, so i replied to him.
Post 16, 21 and 27
Fair enough...I missed #21
Old 04-01-2022, 11:32 AM   #65
FlukeSS

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveradoss573 View Post
Happens all the time from what my agent told me
I've been driving for 27 years and I never paid insurance on a car I didn't own.

Your agent is an idiot.

You can pay my insurance... I don't mind.

Can use paypal to make it easier for you.
2020 Camaro 2SS A10 | Rebuilt by: CBI Street Cars | 2" SE LT Headers | 3" SE X-Pipe | 3" MBRP Axle-Back | Pri & Sec Cat Deletes | K&N Typhoon CAI | LT2 Ported | 95mm ZR1 TB | DOD Delete | BTR Stage I Cam | ECM, TCM & E85 |Tuned by: Shane Hinds | Dyno: 510 rwhp 472 rwtq
FlukeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 11:48 AM   #66
Silveradoss573

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlukeSS View Post
I've been driving for 27 years and I never paid insurance on a car I didn't own.

Your agent is an idiot.

I found it hard to believe myself. But after doing some searching on web, I myself have seen many post regarding legal questions from people who had forgotten to remove their vehicle from their policy. So evidently it does happen as stupid as It sounds.
Old 04-01-2022, 11:53 AM   #67
cdrptrks

Drives: 2017 Blue Camaro 1SS 1LE with PDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by TP2SS View Post
64% of people in this country live paycheck to paycheck.
Including 48% of those making 6 figures.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/08/as-p...gClub%20report.
That definition of living paycheck to paycheck does not mean they are 1 month away from going bankrupt. About 65% of people in the US also own homes. They could borrow against their home to pay for an unexpected expense if they have already paid it off or if they already have some equity built up from their mortgage payments. Those making 6 figures should definitely have retirement funds they could use to cover an emergency in a worst case scenario.

If the person who caused this accident has none of that, they are still going to have to continue working to make money to pay rent and the judgement against them could be garnished from their wages. I guess I would look at it as being worth the cost of the lawyer in this situation just to make sure the person had to face the consequences of running the red light even if they ended up filing for bankruptcy and I didn't get the money they owed me.
cdrptrks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 12:01 PM   #68
FlukeSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrptrks View Post
That definition of living paycheck to paycheck does not mean they are 1 month away from going bankrupt. About 65% of people in the US also own homes. They could borrow against their home to pay for an unexpected expense if they have already paid it off or if they already have some equity built up from their mortgage payments. Those making 6 figures should definitely have retirement funds they could use to cover an emergency in a worst case scenario.

If the person who caused this accident has none of that, they are still going to have to continue working to make money to pay rent and the judgement against them would be garnished from their wages. I guess I would look at it as being worth the cost of the lawyer in this situation just to make sure the person had to face the consequences of running the red light even if they ended up filing for bankruptcy and I didn't get the money they owed me.
Judgements like that carry over through bankruptcy. Its not something that goes away. That's why there are different title chapters to file bankruptcy under if you try to file a complete wipe not sure which chapter it is, but that claim will get denied and your claim will have to be refiled under a different chapter which is not inclusive of the judgement against the person.

They will still owe that money.
2020 Camaro 2SS A10 | Rebuilt by: CBI Street Cars | 2" SE LT Headers | 3" SE X-Pipe | 3" MBRP Axle-Back | Pri & Sec Cat Deletes | K&N Typhoon CAI | LT2 Ported | 95mm ZR1 TB | DOD Delete | BTR Stage I Cam | ECM, TCM & E85 |Tuned by: Shane Hinds | Dyno: 510 rwhp 472 rwtq
Old 04-01-2022, 12:03 PM   #69
SSDan

Drives: 2016 1SS 6MT NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlukeSS View Post

Your agent is an idiot.

Why is the agent the idiot? He is not clairvoyant. He doesn't know when someone sells their car. If someone sells their car then they have to contact the agent. That's pretty straightforward.

The concept of personal responsibility seems lost in today's world. People want to make it someone else's fault.

2010 Camaro 2SS Cam/Headers/CAI/3.91 gears
476 rwhp/440 rwtq (sold)
SSDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 12:05 PM   #70
FlukeSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDan View Post
Why is the agent the idiot? He is not clairvoyant. He doesn't know when someone sells their car. If someone sells their car then they have to contact the agent. That's pretty straightforward.

The concept of personal responsibility seems lost in today's world. People want to make it someone else's fault.
Here's my paypal account: paymyinsurance@gmail.com

I currently pay $230/month please paypal $230/month to that paypal account

Thank you for being so irresponsible that way when I total my car you still have to pay the increased rates.

The point is if you value money you don't make mistakes like that. It is more likely the car was loaned to someone he knows, and they ****ed it up. Plain and simple. So they make a fake Bill of sale: Sell the Nissan to his friend for $1, then claim, "Oh I forgot to remove the car off my insurance for a whole year."

Occam's Razor, "The simplest answer tends to be the right one."