Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-01-2021, 01:22 PM   #29
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
We all have our own thresholds for what we would or would not pay for <pick a nameplate>. One hour spent browsing bringatrailer.com will making it exceedingly clear that there are more than a few willing to blow right by our own thresholds.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...0-convertible/

Aaaaannnnd GO!

lol... I'm not a rich enough man. That is an entire different class of people then me.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 01:23 PM   #30
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Here’s what Yenko and Yenko “Tribute” cars have sold for on BaT.
Attached Images

A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 01:53 PM   #31
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
Look you can get two of those for just about the same price of that one Camaro. Crazy... The one thing with cars like that "for me"... I like modern conveniences in my autos. Those old classic muscle cars are sweet, but I'd have to own one along side a modern muscle car like ours... I'd be more of a resto-mod guy I think. Update something like that with all modern suspension, brakes, fuel injection etc.. I'd take the Chevelle to car shows. That shop does look like a nice place to go spend a cold winter day this winter though. May have to make my way down there.
I get it. I sold this one that I restored because the creaks and rattles sucked the joy out of it once modern performance got so good. 1976 TA Y82 455 4-speed with built engine

I'm nine years out from retiring. My idea is to buy a blue chip collector car that has dropped to a #2 condition due to age of the restoration. I intend to in advance and have it paid for.

I will use it as a driver down in Florida ...with a SUV as the main family transportation.
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 01:57 PM   #32
dpevans

Drives: 2024 Riverside Blue 2SS 1LE
My guess is transportation cost is paying for the whole train.
dpevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 02:10 PM   #33
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
I get it. I sold this one that I restored because the creaks and rattles sucked the joy out of it once modern performance got so good. 1976 TA Y82 455 4-speed with built engine

I'm nine years out from retiring. My idea is to buy a blue chip collector car that has dropped to a #2 condition due to age of the restoration. I intend to in advance and have it paid for.

I will use it as a driver down in Florida ...with a SUV as the main family transportation.
Nice trans am...! I'm 9 years out as well from retiring too. Sounds like you got yourself some pretty nice solid plans...! I'm working on them right now. Not exactly sure where we'll end up or with what toys. Time will tell.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 02:29 PM   #34
hotlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
Nice trans am...! I'm 9 years out as well from retiring too. Sounds like you got yourself some pretty nice solid plans...! I'm working on them right now. Not exactly sure where we'll end up or with what toys. Time will tell.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
Old 12-01-2021, 02:45 PM   #35
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
For $130K I'm not getting a Yenko anything. Nobody even knows what a Yenko is.

Someone: "Nice Car, how much it cost?"
Me: "$130,000"
Someone: "One hundred thirty THOUSAND DOLLARS??"
Me: "Yea but it's a Yenko"
Someone: "A what?"
Me: "..."

Not to mention, at $130K for a Yenko there better be some badging and stuff on it. And it better be supercharged with a built bottom end, some upgraded interior items, etc.

This thing just looks like a $130K Camaro.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 02:52 PM   #36
hotlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
For $130K I'm not getting a Yenko anything. Nobody even knows what a Yenko is.

Someone: "Nice Car, how much it cost?"
Me: "$130,000"
Someone: "One hundred thirty THOUSAND DOLLARS??"
Me: "Yea but it's a Yenko"
Someone: "A what?"
Me: "..."

Not to mention, at $130K for a Yenko there better be some badging and stuff on it. And it better be supercharged with a built bottom end, some upgraded interior items, etc.

This thing just looks like a $130K Camaro.
It says Yenko
It is supercharged.
It has a built bottom end.
It makes 1,100 HP

https://specialtyvehicleengineering....-yenko-camaro/

Ronald Reagan -
Old 12-01-2021, 03:16 PM   #37
Fak_Ork

Drives: Silverado RST 21, 3.0, Crew, Z71
omg it's just an automated in-transit photo not reflective of the already purchased product you'd think people on here were trying to be obtuse.

thread title should be changed to 130k for a Yenko and OP should include some photos to be at least half useful.
Fak_Ork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 03:34 PM   #38
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
It says Yenko
It is supercharged.
It has a built bottom end.
It makes 1,100 HP

https://specialtyvehicleengineering....-yenko-camaro/

Yeah this makes more sense with the price listed.

BaT is really bad for the wallet.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...et-camaro-111/

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 03:37 PM   #39
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
i watched a yenko car make some passes. it was less than impressive. it trapped 3 mph more than my bolt on car and broke something in the drivetrain on the last pass lol.
Old 12-01-2021, 04:06 PM   #40
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochoidal View Post
Yeah this makes more sense with the price listed.

BaT is really bad for the wallet.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...et-camaro-111/
True, but BaT when used correctly can be channeled for good. Because I showed my wife this… https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1995-toyota-mr2-16/
she didn’t bat an eye when I told here I was spending $9,000 on this…
Attached Images

A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 04:40 PM   #41
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
You sure about that? These Yenko cars are limited to 50 stage 1 and 50 stage 2 for 2022. With the Yenko name attached, you can bet that they will go up in value.

No one thought the 2002 ZL1 Camaros done by GMMG would be a good investment either.
That's an asking price I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
Ok, so someone bought a car 20 years ago and stuck it in a garage. That sounds fun.
I know a guy that arranged for the 750,000th Corvette. Pulled a ton of strings all the way to Roger Smith to get it built with a manual trans which was not released for that build date. Held it and never drove it. Kept it with all the shipping plastic still on. Never heard his final sale price after all those years, but his attitude suggested it was no where near the BIG plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
True, but if I put $50+K into other investments in 2002 I would be a lot better off than $150K
Rough calculation shows $50K invested in the market for 20 years at 10% (historical Dow Jones average) would be a$336,000. So yes, much better than any car I can think of. However, not knowing the sales price of a 20 year old Yenko Camaro, $30,000????. That would result in $201,000, still better than the $150,000 but closer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
True, but BaT when used correctly can be channeled for good. Because I showed my wife this… https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1995-toyota-mr2-16/
she didn’t bat an eye when I told here I was spending $9,000 on this…
There is a story behind that car that I'd like to know. A Toyota Mr.2? Interesting choice even for a mid engine car.
Old 12-01-2021, 04:50 PM   #42
discgolf01

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Convertible M6
Coincidently, I just ordered a hard to find part for my 2000 Camaro SS from this same dealership yesterday.

It was $80.

LOL
discgolf01 is online now   Reply With Quote