Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 04-16-2020, 08:54 AM   #1
Thendren1963

Drives: 2016 comaro ss
2016 2SS Convertible: Conv top slide arm covers

For anyone that has a 2016 comaro conv, I have heard that the conv top arm slide covers may fail to come back to a covered position. This can be caused by a spring failure or a slide groove failure. I found that you can purchase the replacement inner upper panel part for about 80.00 to 100.00 dollars. This replacement part includes all the pieces needed in a single part number.

The replacement part however has an additional clip that was not on the original part. I suspect it was added due to added support for the spring system that pulls the cover back in place.

This new part has an additional clip that You will need to create a new slot for. I used a drill to create two holes which I then combines to create the slot in the current bracket this part connects to.

Be sure to measure the location of the additional clip so you can create the additional slot accurately.
Thendren1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 09:04 AM   #2
17rsvert

Drives: 2017 HBM 2LT RS Convertible V6 A8
Can you post a pic of the slots you created?

From what I understand the additional clip is designed to fit in a slot in the redesigned window regulator housing that needs to be installed replacing the older style one.
17rsvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 05:22 PM   #3
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17rsvert View Post
Can you post a pic of the slots you created?

From what I understand the additional clip is designed to fit in a slot in the redesigned window regulator housing that needs to be installed replacing the older style one.
I believe you’re correct on this point...
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2016, convertible, slide cover