Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-02-2017, 12:12 PM   #1
PR325xi

Drives: 2013 2LT RS
Suspension problem?

Hello all,

I have a little problem with my rear right shock? Or that's what I'm trying to figure out. Couple months ago I noticed that my rear right wheel was hoping up and down whenever I went on tough roads or went over some uneven roads, much like when your shocks go bad, so I decided to buy some blistein shocks for the rear, so I installed them and noticed the same but less, so I let it be for the moment. Fast forward 1 month and my car was leaking from the differential so I took it to the dealer to have it checked, they replaced the gasket and seals on warranty and told me that the rear right blistein shock was leaking, "no big deal" I thought, "that's why it was still jumping" so I went and got the shock replaced on warranty by autozone and installed the new shock and guess what? It still jumps! So I don't know what could it be, the car drives good except for that jumpy wheel, the shock is not leaking, seems fine, links and bushings are good and tight, the tires are Pirelli pzero and with 1 year on em and are on good shape, what else could it be?

Car has 58k miles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PR325xi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 01:03 PM   #2
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Get the wheels balanced. You don't say what part of the country you live in so I can't recommend anything else.
Old 06-02-2017, 01:11 PM   #3
PR325xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Coopgt View Post
Get the wheels balanced. You don't say what part of the country you live in so I can't recommend anything else.

Thanks,

I live in Puerto Rico

Old 06-06-2017, 02:43 PM   #4
PR325xi

Anyone else? :(

Old 06-06-2017, 02:56 PM   #5
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Could be wheel out of balace or a broken spring. Im assuming you and the dealer would have seen a bad spring. Dont know for sure...but maybe a sway bar endlink could cause similar.
If warranty is still in effect...I'd take it back and have them take a closer look.
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 02:57 PM   #6
PR325xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenging Orange View Post
Could be wheel out of balace or a broken spring. Im assuming you and the dealer would have seen a bad spring. Dont know for sure...but maybe a sway bar endlink could cause similar.

Thanks, the spring is in good shape, next I will balance the wheels and check the endlink and such

Old 06-09-2017, 10:36 AM   #7
PR325xi

Went to balance the wheels, got told that the bad shock damaged the tire and that's probably it, I have road noise from the rear tires too, but I don't think that's the bouncing tire problem, I'm going to put new tires on the back.

Old 06-14-2017, 10:29 AM   #8
PR325xi

I put new back tires and balanced, and it still jumps a little going through uneven roads

Old 06-15-2017, 04:03 PM   #9
flamandj
I love me some Chevy's!

Drives: 14 2SS/RS ,14 BMW X3 ,02LR Disco 2
Saludos! Being born and raised in PR ( left to go to College in Saint Louis, MO and made a life here) the roads we have in PR are in extremely poor condition which can contribute to your bad shocks and jacking up the tire balance and alignment.

I guarantee that your damaged diff and suspension system is due to this.

But hopefully you can fix it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR325xi View Post
Thanks,

I live in Puerto Rico

Old 06-16-2017, 01:32 AM   #10
PR325xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamandj View Post
Saludos! Being born and raised in PR ( left to go to College in Saint Louis, MO and made a life here) the roads we have in PR are in extremely poor condition which can contribute to your bad shocks and jacking up the tire balance and alignment.

I guarantee that your damaged diff and suspension system is due to this.

But hopefully you can fix it!

Wepa!,

Yes roads here sucks, but shocks are new blistein, new tires, balanced, and bushings and rods are tight, don't know what cloud be causing the tire to bounce.