Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-24-2019, 10:36 AM   #1
pbsinternet1le

Drives: 2017 1le current /2015 2ss 1le sold
Time for some boltons

Adding kooks Lth, msd ported intake, Nick William's 103mm tb, e85, and a dyno tune. Anyone else on this mod ?
How did change the car?
Old 12-24-2019, 01:07 PM   #2
mggeyer

Drives: 2017 hyper blue ss 1le
I just recently finished mine. I have almost the identical set up and I will share my results. Gm CAI, 95mm throtlle body, Ported MSD intake, E85 kit and tune, Kooks 1 7/8 headers , secondary cat delete, AWE touring exhaust with resonators cat back. Results: This was on a Dyno Jet @ Late Model Performance Baltimore Md. This Dyno has the nickname " The Heartbraker" 475 hp & 470 lb. ft. to the wheels. thats 560 crank hp. The car is a rocket! It is exactly want I wanted out of this LT1. The power from 4000 to 6500 rpm is sick. Car did NOT lose any bottom end as many have reported. In my opinion the perfect 1LE. didnt have to go into the motor, all bolt-on , reliable and blisteringly quick. I hope you are as happy as I am. I road raced in SCCA & NASA for many years. I am not a blower motor guy. ( not that theres anything wrong with them) I just prefer N/A motors. I could not possibly love this car any more than I do. I is a monster.
mggeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 07:53 PM   #3
pbsinternet1le

Sweet! Mine is being done by Vengeance 1/29. Thanks for the reply. I'll post our results.
Old 12-26-2019, 08:04 AM   #4
mggeyer

Good luck with your project. I hope you are as happy as I have been with the improvement. Looking forward to hearing about it when your finished.
Old 12-26-2019, 09:51 AM   #5
artey34

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE - Hyper Blue
I'm thinking the same but no E85. Also debating on a 95 or 103 ported TB
artey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 01:01 PM   #6
Walt.v

Drives: 19' Camaro 1LE
Don't cheap out on your tune
Roto-Fab Intake
E85 Flex-Fuel
Eibach Pro-Kit
GP Tuned
Walt.v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 01:53 PM   #7
danhr
BAMF SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS A8
Send a message via AIM to danhr
Tried and true list:

Rotofab Dry
Ported intake manifold/95mm throttle body
ATI Undersrive pulley
Flex Fuel kit
2" headers (TSP or Kooks are the main ones)

For porting/tune go to either EFX, GPI, or Pray Performance.

Stock Longblock

800 SAE rwhp. 9.4 @ 145 mph.
danhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 10:47 PM   #8
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mggeyer View Post
I just recently finished mine. I have almost the identical set up and I will share my results. Gm CAI, 95mm throtlle body, Ported MSD intake, E85 kit and tune, Kooks 1 7/8 headers , secondary cat delete, AWE touring exhaust with resonators cat back. Results: This was on a Dyno Jet @ Late Model Performance Baltimore Md. This Dyno has the nickname " The Heartbraker" 475 hp & 470 lb. ft. to the wheels. thats 560 crank hp. The car is a rocket! It is exactly want I wanted out of this LT1. The power from 4000 to 6500 rpm is sick. Car did NOT lose any bottom end as many have reported. In my opinion the perfect 1LE. didnt have to go into the motor, all bolt-on , reliable and blisteringly quick. I hope you are as happy as I am. I road raced in SCCA & NASA for many years. I am not a blower motor guy. ( not that theres anything wrong with them) I just prefer N/A motors. I could not possibly love this car any more than I do. I is a monster.
Nice, how much did it all run you in the end?
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 10:57 AM   #9
mggeyer

Robby, the one thing I forgot to mention was that I had gone with "green cats" when I bought the Kooks. when all is said and done ther is about $8000 bucks in parts and tune. I know many will say that for that kind of money you should go with a supercharger. Personally I disagree. In my opinion, motors that are N/A were not built with the proper components to have a blower added. Anything over 6 lbs, of boost will likely be problematic down the road. As I mentioned, my car is for set up for track days as I still instruct occaisionally. I guess if drag racing is your thing then by all means go for it but I am totally satisfied where I am from a power standpoint. This car is fast make no mistake. 560 hp at the crank is a hell of a lot of power. The nice thing is that I know the chassis is more than capable of dealing with that as the ZL1 has roughly 100 more hp. In roadracing if you can get on the throttle 20 ft. sooner than your competitor it takes at least 100 hp to make that up. Im confident enough in my driving skill that Im not worried about somebody with more HP. I won many races where my car was down by at least 100 hp to my competitors. Its the total package. As a matter of fact there is a good video on here somewhere of a guy at a track day in a hyper blue 1LE chasing a Mclaren around. his car was slighlty modded and was all over that Mclaren. fun to watch. Hope that helps!
Old 12-30-2019, 11:06 AM   #10
SJFGTO
Oh Oh it's Friday Night!

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE Nightfall Gray
You mentioned a dyno tune. Make sure that includes a street tune as well. Tuning only on the dyno leaves HP and real world drivability on the table. A professional shop like Vengeance Racing or Spartan (both located in Georgia) will spend a considerable amount of time tuning your Camaro on the street as well as on the dyno.
2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE NFG; ARH 2” headers, catless mids, ARH full exhaust, Lingenfelter 18% lower pulley, ATI Harmonic Balancer, Roto-fab CAI, EE-catch can, TM ported TB, NX Lid, BMR strut tower brace. Aeroforce dual pod interceptor gauges. Tuned by Vengeance Racing!!! 644 HP @ 6250 rpm / 689 trq @ 3660 rpm

Four that wanna own me
Two that wanna stone me
One says she's a friend of mine...
SJFGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 11:07 AM   #11
SJFGTO
Oh Oh it's Friday Night!

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE Nightfall Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbsinternet1le View Post
Sweet! Mine is being done by Vengeance 1/29. Thanks for the reply. I'll post our results.
Congrats. Vengeance will do a great job!!!
2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE NFG; ARH 2” headers, catless mids, ARH full exhaust, Lingenfelter 18% lower pulley, ATI Harmonic Balancer, Roto-fab CAI, EE-catch can, TM ported TB, NX Lid, BMR strut tower brace. Aeroforce dual pod interceptor gauges. Tuned by Vengeance Racing!!! 644 HP @ 6250 rpm / 689 trq @ 3660 rpm

Four that wanna own me
Two that wanna stone me
One says she's a friend of mine...
SJFGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 11:15 AM   #12
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJFGTO View Post
You mentioned a dyno tune. Make sure that includes a street tune as well. Tuning only on the dyno leaves HP and real world drivability on the table. A professional shop like Vengeance Racing or Spartan (both located in Georgia) will spend a considerable amount of time tuning your Camaro on the street as well as on the dyno.
Great advice! If your tuner doesnt take your car for a long drive with his computer, then something is wrong.
Old 12-30-2019, 11:52 AM   #13
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Robby, the one thing I forgot to mention was that I had gone with "green cats" when I bought the Kooks. when all is said and done ther is about $8000 bucks in parts and tune. I know many will say that for that kind of money you should go with a supercharger. Personally I disagree. In my opinion, motors that are N/A were not built with the proper components to have a blower added. Anything over 6 lbs, of boost will likely be problematic down the road. As I mentioned, my car is for set up for track days as I still instruct occaisionally. I guess if drag racing is your thing then by all means go for it but I am totally satisfied where I am from a power standpoint. This car is fast make no mistake. 560 hp at the crank is a hell of a lot of power. The nice thing is that I know the chassis is more than capable of dealing with that as the ZL1 has roughly 100 more hp. In roadracing if you can get on the throttle 20 ft. sooner than your competitor it takes at least 100 hp to make that up. Im confident enough in my driving skill that Im not worried about somebody with more HP. I won many races where my car was down by at least 100 hp to my competitors. Its the total package. As a matter of fact there is a good video on here somewhere of a guy at a track day in a hyper blue 1LE chasing a Mclaren around. his car was slighlty modded and was all over that Mclaren. fun to watch. Hope that helps!
I agree with everything you said, I'd rather an fbo mild build for 450-500 rwhp or Heads Cam build if trying to reach 550-600rwhp over force induction. It'll be more money for less hp but it's a personal preference of mine, I'm partial towards NA. However I do think 8k is a bit excessive in your case but I supposed the green cats and axle back are expenses I do not factor in, as well as other factors.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 11:54 AM   #14
pbsinternet1le

Quote:
Quote:
About $7200 for everything with labor. I already have a cai, borla axleback and a catch can..

Last edited by pbsinternet1le; 12-30-2019 at 01:19 PM.
pbsinternet1le is offline   Reply With Quote