Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 04-19-2018, 12:29 PM   #1485
'01LS1

Drives: 2003 Pete
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
Notice the white horizontal lines below the fingers as well?

GM responding to criticism?
They are the same as the satin steel one posted the other day. Except the 1LE is highlighted with snow pack.
Attached Images

'01LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 12:31 PM   #1486
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
The ones on the white SS 1LE above seem to have a shine to them like more of a chrome molding or body colored painted if you look at the video a bit. Maybe im just getting old LOL
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 12:36 PM   #1487
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
No it's not a family car, but if you compare it to the other cars in it's class it is lacking in everyday usability. Believe it or not there are people that would have to daily drive the car, maybe stuff kids in it.

Again there are people that will use the car to do both. Take me as an example, wife has an SUV and I will be in the market for a new vehicle soon.
Got kid #1 on the way. In theory I could get a Camaro since the wife has the big suv. Here is my problem though, I don't want to always be forced to take her car to do everything with the kid. I am an active person in the summer, I play softball, I play golf and sometimes I have to pick up teammates friends. That means bat bags, golf bags and other gear got to go in the car. Those are some areas where the Mustang and Challenger over clear advantages over the Camaro. No one is saying make it a family hauler but I think they could in the 7th gen try to make it a bit more liveable.

So your saying they should just say screw you to people that might need to haul kids or have some usability in their car? Great strategy lol
GM used to have a perfect car for you called Chevy SS.
4 doors room for 5 and a big trunk. I hope you bought one?
Except for a mammoth Chellenger which weighs more than most 4 door sedans and officially provides seating for 5 neither Camaro or Mustang will satisfy your needs. They are sports cars not family/gear haulers by design.
The 2+2 is there to serve in a pinch...and as such it does its job. Zero complaints here.
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 12:37 PM   #1488
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by keon718nyc View Post
I was thinking the same myself. Looks different then the past few we have seen here. Maybe a SS 1LE feature? I like this look better gives it a little more definition.
Looks like a SS 1Le with its chin spoiler in camo on white to me .
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 12:38 PM   #1489
TrackClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by keon718nyc View Post
The ones on the white SS 1LE above seem to have a shine to them like more of a chrome molding or body colored painted if you look at the video a bit. Maybe im just getting old LOL
I see it too.
Old 04-19-2018, 12:49 PM   #1490
triggerjerk

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1
triggerjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 01:00 PM   #1491
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
GM used to have a perfect car for you called Chevy SS.
4 doors room for 5 and a big trunk. I hope you bought one?
Except for a mammoth Chellenger which weighs more than most 4 door sedans and officially provides seating for 5 neither Camaro or Mustang will satisfy your needs. They are sports cars not family/gear haulers by design.
The 2+2 is there to serve in a pinch...and as such it does its job. Zero complaints here.
No I didn't buy a Chevy SS. To much $ for me to spend and the timing just didn't work out. Guy on my team has one though, loves it. That's his DD so his Vette can be his toy lol.

So your saying that anyone with an active lifestyle shouldn't consider Camaro if they have to daily drive it, got it.

When I had my Mustang, all of the things I listed above (except the kid part) was no problem. I could have my softball bag, and my golf bag in my trunk all summer and it wasn't a problem. All I am saying is for the 7th gen maybe they could find a way to make the trunk a tad bigger maybe a bit closer to the car it's in direct competition with that would make the case for someone like me a hell of a lot easier with the little lady.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 02:34 PM   #1492
Michael2000

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeROC View Post
Agreed. But the Alfa front end is one of the ugliest in the industry.
Based on the feedback by the press and consumers, you would be in the minority thinking that, but, of course, it is subjective.
Michael2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 02:36 PM   #1493
Michael2000

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
When I see a Guiia I see a design from an eight year old BMW , just like the Kia Stinger , nothing new .
The 5th Gen was designed from a car that’s been around for over 40 years , it’s easy to design the past it’s hard to design for the future, that’s where Camaro is now and that’s hard for a lot of people to wrap there head around. What you see in the refresh Camaro you will start seeing in other cars , including the new Mustang GT500 , Like it not
What model BMW is this? Please show us the eight year old BMW the Guilia is supposedly a knock-off of.

I do agree it is always harder to design something fresh rather than a refresh of the past.
Michael2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 02:49 PM   #1494
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Aesthetics are a matter of personal taste, so to each his own.

Having said that, the Giulia (sp?) is a beautiful car. Very tasteful design.
Old 04-19-2018, 02:54 PM   #1495
TrackClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
No I didn't buy a Chevy SS. To much $ for me to spend and the timing just didn't work out. Guy on my team has one though, loves it. That's his DD so his Vette can be his toy lol.

So your saying that anyone with an active lifestyle shouldn't consider Camaro if they have to daily drive it, got it.

When I had my Mustang, all of the things I listed above (except the kid part) was no problem. I could have my softball bag, and my golf bag in my trunk all summer and it wasn't a problem. All I am saying is for the 7th gen maybe they could find a way to make the trunk a tad bigger maybe a bit closer to the car it's in direct competition with that would make the case for someone like me a hell of a lot easier with the little lady.
Is Camaro trunk so much smaller vs the Stang's?
Granted, it shrunk a wee bit due to a new platform, but i just dont recall the Mustang offering much more room to speak of (and i had 3 in the past). In any case i do get your point but i hope they continue to chop its weight evenbit means less utility et al. Just my perspective.
Old 04-19-2018, 02:58 PM   #1496
Richie Carbone

Drives: My work van for now
Ugly as ****!
Richie Carbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 03:05 PM   #1497
Bongos2U

Drives: Hopefully 6th gen Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Carbone View Post
Ugly as ****!
Thanks for your insightful, thorough, well thought out opinion of the 2019 Camaro.

BADA BING !!
Bongos2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 03:17 PM   #1498
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael2000 View Post
What model BMW is this? Please show us the eight year old BMW the Guilia is supposedly a knock-off of.

I do agree it is always harder to design something fresh rather than a refresh of the past.
Go look at any 2009 and up M2 ,M3 and even M1 in later models , front, back and side view and let me know what you see . Maybe i am seeing something thats not there.
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2019 camaro refresh, 2020 camrao, becky, beckyd, camaro refresh, camarodestroyed, new camaro, ugly camaro, wtf?!?!