Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-25-2018, 03:16 PM   #57
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weege View Post
For those with Magnetic Ride Control, the suspension tightens up going from Tour to Sport mode. Road surface imperfections are transmitted more in Sport. Tour is more comfortable on a bumpy road, Sport is more fun on a smooth one. (Again, that pertains to cars with MRC.)
not 100% sure (but like 99.8%)... but I don't think any of the V6 cars have magnetic ride control.

being that this is a v6 forum, all of that info is basically irrelevant for pretty much all of us here. the most upgraded suspension the LT v6 models get, is the 1LE FE3 suspension which is SS stock suspension more or less. MRC is an option for SS models.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 03:59 PM   #58
Kise

Drives: 16' 2SS, 06' Silverado SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsxmatt View Post
Doesn't do that on the V6's.
interesting. I found mine by mistake. I would check the manual.
Kise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 05:00 PM   #59
pjz1082

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kise View Post
interesting. I found mine by mistake. I would check the manual.
Your sig says you own a ZL1 1LE...is that true? If so why would you assume to know the features of the V6? I'm not trying to be an a$$ but they do not offer the same features.
pjz1082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 08:54 PM   #60
Weege

Drives: 2017 2SS convertible M6, NPP, MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolynesianPowerhouse View Post
not 100% sure (but like 99.8%)... but I don't think any of the V6 cars have magnetic ride control.

being that this is a v6 forum, all of that info is basically irrelevant for pretty much all of us here. the most upgraded suspension the LT v6 models get, is the 1LE FE3 suspension which is SS stock suspension more or less. MRC is an option for SS models.
Sorry, didn't realize this was a V6 forum - right church, wrong pew - apologies.
No atmosphere.
Weege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 09:39 PM   #61
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Quote:
Sorry, didn't realize this was a V6 forum - right church, wrong pew - apologies.
hey, I aint mad... no worries...

I just pointed that out, cause a lot of the V6 guys wont notice your car in your profile and get mislead.

happens regularly.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 11:12 AM   #62
Kise

Drives: 16' 2SS, 06' Silverado SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjz1082 View Post
Your sig says you own a ZL1 1LE...is that true? If so why would you assume to know the features of the V6? I'm not trying to be an a$$ but they do not offer the same features.
I originally bought a 2ss in 2016 and it is still my daily driver. the zl1 spends the majority of its life in the garage lol. I didn't know the ss and the lgx didn't share the same feature or that this was a v6 forum. my apologies
Kise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 07:43 PM   #63
CruzinQueen

Drives: 2017 1LT RS Convertible V6 A8
Today I was driving in tapshift mode on my V6 RS A8 and was noticing the car was feeling a bit more sluggish than normal when going from gear to gear. Normally the upshifts and downshifts are crisp and quick but not today.

My husband had been driving the car before me and it was only after starting to panic that I noticed he had put the car in "touring" mode. I've never driven it in anything but "sport" and apparently it makes a big difference for manual tapshifts as well.

2019 GMC Terrain SLE 1.5T - Blue Steel Metallic/Black Cloth "Soccer Mom Spec"
CruzinQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 07:45 PM   #64
Weege

Drives: 2017 2SS convertible M6, NPP, MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruzinQueen View Post
Today I was driving in tapshift mode on my V6 RS A8 and was noticing the car was feeling a bit more sluggish than normal when going from gear to gear. Normally the upshifts and downshifts are crisp and quick but not today.

My husband had been driving the car before me and it was only after starting to panic that I noticed he had put the car in "touring" mode. I've never driven it in anything but "sport" and apparently it makes a big difference for manual tapshifts as well.
Sport mode users wear the pants in the family?
No atmosphere.
Weege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 07:55 PM   #65
CruzinQueen

Drives: 2017 1LT RS Convertible V6 A8
Quote:
Sport mode users wear the pants in the family?

HAHAHHAHAHAAA

He actually doesn't like to ride with me because I frequently run the revs up over 4500 RPM. He just traded in his '10 SS because he drives like a grandma and wasn't fully appreciating the car like I was.

2019 GMC Terrain SLE 1.5T - Blue Steel Metallic/Black Cloth "Soccer Mom Spec"
CruzinQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 06:02 PM   #66
conall

Drives: 2019 Camaro V6 manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by jingaling View Post
I have a manual transmission... I feel no difference at all. That snow mode is the only one that changes anything for me. It makes takeoffs sluggish and changes the throttle response.
With my manual, I notice a difference right away with steering stiffness and feedback on corners.