Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 07-06-2017, 08:55 AM   #43
Chez

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by viewska View Post
OMJeeze y'all,

I caught his mistake also, but like, can't you just let the man be happy with his tune?? Y'all were prolly those kids running around 2nd grade making sure everybody knew santa wasn't real.

To the poster who misread his dyno sheet:
Double digit hp gains are still pretty good, and any increase to the area under the curve will make you faster.
Just trying to clarify things. If the dyno shop lied to him and told him those were his gains, or if someone new to site thought they were possible with just a tune, people would be getting the wrong info.

Nothing personal, just looking for true information.
Chez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 03:35 PM   #44
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by viewska View Post
OMJeeze y'all,

I caught his mistake also, but like, can't you just let the man be happy with his tune?? Y'all were prolly those kids running around 2nd grade making sure everybody knew santa wasn't real.

To the poster who misread his dyno sheet:
Double digit hp gains are still pretty good, and any increase to the area under the curve will make you faster.
Its not about correcting mistakes just for the sake of it.

It's about getting facts and proof of claims. Going around boasting about 60HP from a tune is going to draw lots of attention.
Old 07-06-2017, 06:04 PM   #45
jingaling

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT V6 MT
I'm sure he meant well and there was just a misunderstanding. He posted up dyno sheets and it was cleared up. Even if it was wrong information I do appreciate him putting the info out for us to look at... Maybe the tone of his responses was a little off, but I think we all have tough skin here.

It does look like small gains can be made and throttle response can be improved with a tune, but like everyone I want a little more out of it. Could we possibly see something better with time or is that pretty much all the gains that should be expected out of a tune for the lgx?
jingaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 09:42 AM   #46
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by jingaling View Post
I'm sure he meant well and there was just a misunderstanding. He posted up dyno sheets and it was cleared up. Even if it was wrong information I do appreciate him putting the info out for us to look at... Maybe the tone of his responses was a little off, but I think we all have tough skin here.

It does look like small gains can be made and throttle response can be improved with a tune, but like everyone I want a little more out of it. Could we possibly see something better with time or is that pretty much all the gains that should be expected out of a tune for the lgx?
I don't think you guys should expect more than 15 - 20 tops from a good tune. But its not about peak power (typically). If the tune provides better midrange torque gains than peak gains, that is a good thing. Also, speaking from experience, getting improved low end response makes the car more exciting to drive, so those are the things I'd be looking for.

Huge gains were nowhere to be found in the last two Camaro V6 engines for tune only (best I ever recall seeing was somewhere around 20, or maybe mid twenties) and I'd suspect that to be the case for the LGX. That said, a good tune can still be totally worth it in my opinion.

Stack that up with some other basic bolt on mods and you'll have a very strong running V6.

Side note: A good E85 tune should yield more HP and TQ.
Old 07-07-2017, 10:46 AM   #47
viewska

Drives: Red Hot Vert
haha, I just felt bad for him cause he deleted everything,

Since we can't see any of the earlier posts and I don't remember who the member was. For the sake of information does anybody remember if he had any bolt ons? Or was he completely stock?
viewska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 04:57 PM   #48
OniCamaro

Drives: Camaro V6 2017
Such an old thread and discussion about Trifecta seems to be so rare. Any recent experiences of the Trifecta tune? I'm getting it soon..
OniCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 03:43 AM   #49
NowaChevyGuy

Drives: 2016 Camaro LT1 RS Black on Black
I'm running it on my 16 RS. Needed it because I swapped the diffs out for a 2.0T 3.23 LSD. No complaints here. Been running it for like 3 years now and works great. Way cheaper than Overkill. I also run a JMS Throttle Controller.
2016 RS - Trifecta Tuned, 3.23 diff swap, Borla S Type, JMS Throttle Controller, Lambo doors, Monster stereo, GM LED rear tail lights, BMR swaybars/End Links/Trailing Arms, tinted dark and murdered out.[/br]
Car kicks ass! $20k.. and I get 20mpg with my foot in it, everywhere I go!.... Say somethin about V6's now...
NowaChevyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 12:21 PM   #50
OniCamaro

Drives: Camaro V6 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by NowaChevyGuy View Post
I'm running it on my 16 RS. Needed it because I swapped the diffs out for a 2.0T 3.23 LSD. No complaints here. Been running it for like 3 years now and works great. Way cheaper than Overkill. I also run a JMS Throttle Controller.
Good to know! Has it improved city driving shifting? That's one of the things I'm really hoping will improve becoz I hate how it is in stock. Some noticeable performance gains will be most welcome.
Lol you're calling it way cheaper than Overkill on a 16RS, imagine how much cheaper it is for 2017+ where you have to pay additional $400 for Overkill transmission tune but not for Trifecta. Was a no brainer for me but blows my mind how majority still seem to get Overkill..
OniCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 07:11 PM   #51
Matt1LE

Drives: 2020 3LT Camaro 3.6L 1LE
Anyone know how this affects Track Mode for an LGX with the 1LE package?
Attached Images

Matt1LE is offline   Reply With Quote