Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 05-01-2016, 07:08 PM   #15
MovieGuy

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
lsd loses more hp unless without lsd your tires are breaking loose.

I'm not sure where you're seeing 100hp drive train loss being reported. I haven't seen a dyno where the speed limiter isn't reached before the full pull can be completed.
That trifecta link in the original post showed a dyno chart saying the car they tested only made 240 HP at the wheels. I think the torque was only 217.

Life after retirement
MovieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 07:51 PM   #16
bdar66

Drives: 2016 camaro lt2 rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieGuy View Post
That trifecta link in the original post showed a dyno chart saying the car they tested only made 240 HP at the wheels. I think the torque was only 217.
bingo
bdar66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 09:26 PM   #17
cellsafemode

The chart there also looks like they hit the speed limiter during testing.

Some odd stuff going on at 6750rpm in there makes me think speed limiter wasn't removed before testing (which why would you when testing stock) though it still appears to be in effect after the tune.

That occuring right when the engine is supposed to be making peak hp (6800) + around 20% drivetrain loss puts it right in that area.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 10:41 PM   #18
bballr4567

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT M6
The problem with the V6 being dynoed is the manual is 1:1 in 5th gear which runs into speed issues on the dyno. The auto has 1:1 in 6th gear which again brings on speed issues on the dyno. It's a weird thing.
bballr4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 02:00 PM   #19
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Quote:
hp tuner support would be nice, i see they have support for the caddy 2016 v6 but nothing for the camaro yet.

Diablo (trinity or in-tune) doesn't support any V6 camaro for any year according to their application chart. So doubt i'll hold my breath there.

As far as the trifecta, i'm mostly just held up on the fact that they didn't address one of the most visible issues currently out there and that's light throttle behavior (first bit of peddle travel). WOT tuning is great and all, but the car didn't really suffer from wot issues so a tune isn't going to make a big diff there with this car, it's all that peddle travel between that i'd like to hear about. Guess someone will have to be the guinea pig.
Gotchya on that with diablosport. I remember waiting a few years ago when I had my charger and before getting my 13 camaro. They kept saying there were too many engine and computer combos.

Hopefully this time around its more concrete as far as hardware.

But this was posted a while ago recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustya View Post
Information added : Information From Overkill and Diablosport

Diablosport Information: "we plan to support the new Camaro with the V6 as well as the 2.0T and LT1, I do not have a specific ETA to share at the moment however"
Hp tuners is just a matter of time...

If diablosport does their thing they do have a throttle boost setting that can be changed. Worked well on the chargers.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 10:41 PM   #20
TRIFECTA

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
hp tuner support would be nice, i see they have support for the caddy 2016 v6 but nothing for the camaro yet.

Diablo (trinity or in-tune) doesn't support any V6 camaro for any year according to their application chart. So doubt i'll hold my breath there.

As far as the trifecta, i'm mostly just held up on the fact that they didn't address one of the most visible issues currently out there and that's light throttle behavior (first bit of peddle travel). WOT tuning is great and all, but the car didn't really suffer from wot issues so a tune isn't going to make a big diff there with this car, it's all that peddle travel between that i'd like to hear about. Guess someone will have to be the guinea pig.
The LGX engine controller gives access to enhanced constructs that allow for dramatic improvement in all aspects of drivability. As such, we were able to spend more time honing the drivability experience to create an impressive driving experience. Especially, for those with an 8sp automatic transmission, we'll just say that the factory left us lots of opportunity to make this vehicle more responsive, intuitive, and just plain fun to drive.
TRIFECTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 10:56 PM   #21
TRIFECTA

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieGuy View Post
Yes, surprised us also. But it seems others are finding similar numbers?

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=437918
TRIFECTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 11:19 AM   #22
DougCBJ

Drives: 2016 Blue 2SS
Are the gains effected if I use unleaded or medium grade (87 and 89 octane) gasoline?
DougCBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 11:34 AM   #23
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
In my opinion, the tune should (and seemingly by Trifecta's response above) will affect the throttle response.

I ran a tune on my 2010 V6 (wasn't Trifecta) and it greatly increased throttle response. It was clear that the dead spot was basically tuned in, b/c after the tune she was very responsive. The car was certainly more fun to drive.

Not sure why these cars are dynoing so low. Assuming the air density and temperature are all good, even an A8 car should be able to pump out 260+ HP, and that's on the lower side. Maybe its b/c they can't be dyno'd in 1:1 and that's messing up the readings a bit, but I'd assume that would be taken into account.

In my opinion, eventually when someone out there gets a full bolt on (intake, T/B, intake manifold, cats) + tune manual gearbox V6 running right, it should be pushing very near or just a hair over 300 rwhp.
Old 05-23-2016, 12:12 PM   #24
keysersoze

Drives: 16 Camaro
When those things become available I will buy them
keysersoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 09:38 PM   #25
cellsafemode

Currently using the Trifecta tune on a stock 1lt. Still pretty early to do any reviewing but it 100% corrects for the "dead zone" / acceleration blip on light acceleration from a stop that many have experienced. I'll have more by this weekend to say about it.
Old 07-03-2017, 04:34 PM   #26
bishopski

Drives: 2016 Camaro LT | 3.6L V6 | A/T
Anything for the V6's yet???
Old 07-03-2017, 05:48 PM   #27
cellsafemode

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishopski View Post
Anything for the V6's yet???
I'm confused. You took the time to post this in an existing thread that specifically references an available tune that came out over a year ago.

I've been watching lots of old star trek episodes lately but I'm pretty sure my reality is your reality so... wtf?
Old 07-03-2017, 09:11 PM   #28
cellsafemode

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper1965 View Post
Well ,.... since this got necro fucped......How has your tune been after a year cellsafemode ?? Throttle response, WOT shift feel, and speed ect..?

Wife wants to see what the 2019 is going to look like before ordering, and the further I investigate the I4 option, to get the speed I want,... the more cost effective the V6 looks..
Just to start off, this is the standard tune from trifecta. I also have a cai from aFe and an aftermarket axle back from MRT.

Throttle response is very good. They have tuned out the dead zone in the throttle for the most part.

WOT shifts quite well. Though I haven't taken it to a track. I do two passenger regular asphalt 0-60 in 5.6 to 5.4 seconds using the dash timer from idle.

The ability to turn off V4 mode by being in sport and have it active while in touring is great. I routinely switch between the two modes

The car sounds angry as hell when you floor it. and it moves..

One thing i will say and it may be shared with the stock tune, the car likes to wait a bit too long to switch to 1st gear from 3rd (never seems consider 2nd for downshifting) when slowing to a momentary stop and accelerating again. Like it's waiting for a full stop before switching to first.