Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-27-2019, 08:48 PM   #15
Dysan911

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary 2SS
I do have at the bottom of my setup list Analog 1 and Analog 2 both turned on only because one of them is connected to my A/F gauge but I can't remember if it was Analog 1 or 2 so I left them both on.
Former Ride: 17 Camaro 2SS, M6 - Fifty | Procharger P1SC | 3.7 Pulley | Stage 2 IC | Race Bypass | DSX FF Kit | JRE Custom E85 Flex Fuel Tune | LT4 Fuel System | JMS Voltage Booster | MSD Plug Wires | American Racing 1-7/8's LT Headers Full System Catback | Baro Breakout Harness | LT4 Map Sensor | Katech Ported TB | MMS Oil Catch Can | 160 Thermo | Solo Performance J-Pipes

Dysan911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 09:00 PM   #16
FrostySS

Drives: 2018 Redline Edition 2SS
I'm lost and getting pissed. Read from the bottom up, I'm getting conflicting answers from Aeroforce lol

Hi Tony,
The 3 bar sensor is read by the ECU where it is scaled properly by the tune. This is in the negine/fuel management part of the computer. The OBDII part can not be scaled to read properly. Not by any means i know of. The only solution is to tap off the output voltage wire of the three bar sensor and run it to an analog input channel of the interceptor. That channel can then be set up and scaled to read boost properly.
Thanks
Pat

On Wednesday, March 27, 2019, 12:08:17 AM EDT, Tony <gtatony@comcast.net> wrote:

I talked to my tuner and he said it's set up on his end, he can see vacuum and boost on his laptop with no problems. I have nothing else hooked up on the gauge other than the plug for the OBD2 connector. This is the CN401 unit. Am I/we missing something? When I turn the gauge to Manifold Pressure (vacuum/boost) displayed in PSI it reads a steady number, sometimes it's -30.xx sometimes it's -29.xx, it's completely random and doesn't change unless I turn the car off and back on, it reads a different number and does not move while driving. Is there anything you can think of? Am I not on the right setting, did my tuner possibly miss something? I appreciate any help here. I'm heading back to that shop on Thursday for a few other things, is it possible he can contact you guys while I'm there? Thank you very much.

~Tony

On 3/23/2019 3:18 PM, AeroForce Service Dept wrote:
yes. the ecm needs to know that it is there.
however, there is still a limitation on seeing the data on the OBDII port. The hard limit on that data is 255kpa which is around 35PSI.
start with the tuner and find out what the three bar is doing and if the ECM is actually using that data
2018 Redline Edition 2SS- A8, NPP, MRC, Recaro seats, ECS Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, cat deletes, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts Drake Muscle Car wicker bill, Adams Polishes Ceramic Coating

2010 Infiniti G37x Sedan for the DD.
FrostySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 06:53 AM   #17
Dysan911

Do you have HP Tuners? If so I wonder what you have for your Map Sensor settings. There should be a Linear and an offset that has some numbers there.

Also did you have the same OBD2 PID that I showed above "BOOST inHG/PSI" ?
Former Ride: 17 Camaro 2SS, M6 - Fifty | Procharger P1SC | 3.7 Pulley | Stage 2 IC | Race Bypass | DSX FF Kit | JRE Custom E85 Flex Fuel Tune | LT4 Fuel System | JMS Voltage Booster | MSD Plug Wires | American Racing 1-7/8's LT Headers Full System Catback | Baro Breakout Harness | LT4 Map Sensor | Katech Ported TB | MMS Oil Catch Can | 160 Thermo | Solo Performance J-Pipes

Old 03-28-2019, 08:14 AM   #18
FrostySS

I'm actually heading to ECS right now so I will ask him how he has it set in HP tuners. But yes one of the displays is vacuum and boost just like you had a pic of. It'll read a random number every time I start it up let's just say 29.62" vacuum and stay there, doesn't move. The next time I started up it may say 30.12.

It's a pain because aeroforce doesn't have a phone number you can call you have to do everything strictly by email. I don't know much about that tuning stuff so I have no idea what he would have to change in the tune as far as the offset or any certain values to get the OBD2 port to read boost.
2018 Redline Edition 2SS- A8, NPP, MRC, Recaro seats, ECS Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, cat deletes, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts Drake Muscle Car wicker bill, Adams Polishes Ceramic Coating

Old 03-28-2019, 08:16 AM   #19
Dysan911

Honestly it sounds more like the settings the Tuner has. Once Ted sent me the new Map sensor and I told him it was installed. He sent me an updated tune file via HPTuners that basically allowed Aerofoce to see it as just another PID right out of the box. I didn't have to wire anything to the gauge or change any parameters, etc.
Old 03-28-2019, 08:25 AM   #20
FrostySS

I agree I just wish I knew what value has to be changed

Old 03-31-2019, 09:09 PM   #21
FrostySS

Turns out it looks like it's a bad gauge, kinda surprising actually.

Old 04-07-2019, 08:45 PM   #22
FrostySS

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostySS View Post
Turns out it looks like it's a bad gauge, kinda surprising actually.
Never mind, Aeroforce is telling me there's no way their gauge on a Gen 6 that was originally naturally aspirated will read boost through the OBD2 port, period. The ZL1 has no issue but a SS will not read it. It's still a solid gauge but I wish I would've known this beforehand.

What I don't get is that my bluetooth piece and Torque Pro reads boost just fine but the Interceptor won't....

They updated it to the latest firmware too...oh well....I guess it's time to add a boost gauge, didn't really want to and I really don't NEED it but whatever.

Old 04-08-2019, 06:30 AM   #23
Dysan911

Quote:
Never mind, Aeroforce is telling me there's no way their gauge on a Gen 6 that was originally naturally aspirated will read boost through the OBD2 port, period. The ZL1 has no issue but a SS will not read it. It's still a solid gauge but I wish I would've known this beforehand.

What I don't get is that my bluetooth piece and Torque Pro reads boost just fine but the Interceptor won't....

They updated it to the latest firmware too...oh well....I guess it's time to add a boost gauge, didn't really want to and I really don't NEED it but whatever.

That just doesn't make any sense to me. I'd make a video of mine showing boost for them but I just shipped mine back so they could flash it to the latest firmware which will enable the ability to view 4 items at one time.

I can make you a deal on that Analog Boost sensor if you're interested. That way you don't have to both with another gauge and a dual pod.

https://www.aeroforcetech.com/produc...ors_boost.html
GM style 2 Bar MAP with connector/pigtail:
- Reads up to 15 psi
- Sensor requires 5v power

I have both that and the 5v item. LMK.

Old 04-09-2019, 12:47 PM   #24
FrostySS

I appreciate it, we'll see. I'm just aggravated right now.

Old 04-17-2019, 09:58 AM   #25
Dysan911

FrostySS,

So I got my gauge back from Aeroforce for the firmware upgrade that enables the Four Item view on the display. My Boost PID no longer works. I emailed them and even sent a video I happened to have of that PID working so I'd really like to see how he refutes it. I'll let ya know.

Old 04-17-2019, 09:58 AM   #26
FrostySS

I ended up selling mine on here, I'm done with them, bought an Ngauge.

Definitely keep me posted though, I'd leave to hear the response.

Old 04-17-2019, 09:59 AM   #27
Dysan911

Quote:
I ended up selling mine on here, I'm done with them, bought an Ngauge

Hey don't' blame you. You can do way more with the Ngauge anyway!.

Old 04-19-2019, 07:46 AM   #28
Dysan911

They must be scratching their head and don't have a clue how to answer the question because it's been 2 days and they haven't responded.

I'm sure me showing his gauge in a video with the working Boost inHG PSI shut down him telling me what you he told you that it's impossible for an SS to have a working Boost PID.