Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-09-2021, 07:24 AM   #1
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Biggest overlooked problem with LT4

This is a huge problem from our perspective as we continue to see cars coming in with Air in the intercooler system.

People have been driving around for years with reduced power and never know it.

Air in the intercooler system can actually stop the pump from running as it monitors electrical load from pumping water, and will turn off as not to burn up the pump. (pump self protection)

Even if there is not enough air in the system to shut the pump down you will have high intake air temps which reduces Air density, which in turn reduces fuel delivery and ignition timing, so we have seen as much as 50 HP loss from this situation.

This simple tool from JRE makes filling and bleeding a dream.

An old soda bottle with the bottom cut off and a short piece of heater hose to connect is all that is required.

Simply install this on to the fitting at the left front coolant hose entering the supercharger.

Fill it with coolant start the car and let it run until no more bubbles are floating to the top of the coolant.

Often times you have to keep adding coolant as it gets drawn in in place of air.

Just keep the bottle about half full during the process.

Place a rag under the fitting, and remove the bottle by pulling back on the release collar much like an air hose fitting.

Reinstall the cap and your done.

HORSEPOWER RESTORED.

https://jannettyracing.com/products/...016-2019-cts-v

You can see it in action here https://www.facebook.com/60848939090...05494989896018
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 09:56 AM   #2
LT1ornothing

Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
Thank you very much for posting this Ted, you are correct that several of us are looking to supercharge our LT1s. This thread and the multiple comments you have made sharing your findings on factory LT1 fuel system limits, octane ceilings, and ethanol blend limits for LT1s upgraded with complete LT4 fuel systems have painted a clear and vivid picture of what is possible on this platform with your careful and safe tuning. Wish I could drive all the way to Connecticut for a dyno tune but I would feel very confident with a remote tune knowing how capable and methodical you are on the subject matter. Keep the tips coming and thank you.

Last edited by LT1ornothing; 07-09-2021 at 10:58 AM.
LT1ornothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 11:55 AM   #3
ZO6Ted
Old badass

Drives: 14GMC 2.9 16GMC Turbos 2020Silv.6.2
Ted, no question you are a primary leader in this industry. I have referred anyone that will listen for LT tuning and mods on my home site performancetrucks.net. Always great to read your posts. Ted
ZO6Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 08:51 AM   #4
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Doesn't a ck engine light come on because the temperature varies to much between both the IAT readings? Might it give people a warning sign.. Like these P2199 P0096 P0097 P0099 P00F4 P00F6 never encountered on my zl1 but the SS I have and its always been air or low coolant. Once I installed a trunk reservoir no more codes or low coolant levels. The cheap aftermarket reservoirs that come with all the major blowers seem like they seep ever so bit and will cause air or low coolant problems.

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 09:25 AM   #5
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
Doesn't a ck engine light come on because the temperature varies to much between both the IAT readings? Might it give people a warning sign.. Like these P2199 P0096 P0097 P0099 P00F4 P00F6 never encountered on my zl1 but the SS I have and its always been air or low coolant. Once I installed a trunk reservoir no more codes or low coolant levels. The cheap aftermarket reservoirs that come with all the major blowers seem like they seep ever so bit and will cause air or low coolant problems.
We have never seen a check engine lite due to air in the system, this is why so many drive around for years unknowingly at reduced power.

Ted.
Old 07-16-2021, 10:50 AM   #6
SHE'Z 18

Drives: 18 ZL1 - M6
Another great resource...
SHE'Z 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 09:25 AM   #7
semif18

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE White
The fitting Jennetty sells certainly makes it easy..........zero bubbles so my system was tight, but it's a breeze.
semif18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 07:32 AM   #8
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by semif18 View Post
The fitting Jennetty sells certainly makes it easy..........zero bubbles so my system was tight, but it's a breeze.
Thank you for your feedback much appreciated.

Ted.