Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 11-14-2012, 12:12 AM   #29
Neumatic

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Nice, sounds like someone needs to send a damn good christmas card out
Neumatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:33 AM   #30
Oxtar41

Drives: 700 rwhp 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by trewyn15 View Post
I'm sorry to hear what happened, but I'm also happy to hear that you are making the best out of it and not giving up! It's tough going from something you love to do, to not being able to do that thing to the fullest anymore.

It's great to see that the vendor stepped up in this great way, truly shocking!

Are there any chances of you getting your feeling back in your hand in the future?

The doctors don't think so. It's been about 6 months and no changes. On the bright side, I don't have to sit on my hand and wait for it to fall asleep for a "stranger" anymore. And I can pick hot stuff up off of the grill like a boss.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:45 AM   #31
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
I am sorry to hear about your situation. I deal with injured works everyday, don't give up! You should try all of the different kinds of treatment you can before thinking you are going to e like that forever. Doesn't mean you will get better but as they say it never hurts to try. You should try acupuncture if you haven't yet, we have a lot of patients that get awesome results from it. I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors!!
Old 11-14-2012, 07:13 AM   #32
GB EB

Drives: 2014 Stingray 2LT/Z51
I was talking about a C5 vendor the other day to my wife... she said... "who is this guy? You talk about him like he is your friend."
I simply replied, "I guess we kind of are, that is how we are on C5."

Good story and good luck to you sir. I sincerely feel if you can be successful at one thing, you probably have the brains and work ethic to be successful at pretty much anything. You'll do just fine.

*TROPHY RECIPIENT - GREATEST SHOW ON TURF 9/11/11*
*1ST PLACE MODERN MUSCLE - CORONADO SPEED FESTIVAL 9/23/11*
*AWARD OF EXCELLENCE - GOOD GUYS DEL MAR FALL NATIONALS 11/27/11*
*1ST PLACE / '82&UP CAMARO/FIREBIRD- FORT WALTON BEACH FF SHOW 2/16/13*
BUILD THREAD: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120353
GB EB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:11 AM   #33
nancygrl
雪の玉

Drives: '22 Z71 RST Silverado
A friend of mine lost her finger in a machine shop accident, and she's doing better with grip strength etc. more than what the doctors expected. Keep up with the physical therapy!!!!

Sorry about what happened to you, but awesome news about the vendor
nancygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:57 PM   #34
trewyn15

Drives: 2004 Monte Carlo LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxtar41 View Post
The doctors don't think so. It's been about 6 months and no changes. On the bright side, I don't have to sit on my hand and wait for it to fall asleep for a "stranger" anymore. And I can pick hot stuff up off of the grill like a boss.
Haha nice, well for your sake I hope that you start to regain some of that feelling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB EB View Post
I was talking about a C5 vendor the other day to my wife... she said... "who is this guy? You talk about him like he is your friend."
I simply replied, "I guess we kind of are, that is how we are on C5."

Good story and good luck to you sir. I sincerely feel if you can be successful at one thing, you probably have the brains and work ethic to be successful at pretty much anything. You'll do just fine.

I agree, I notice this a lot on car forums, I tend to make more and more friends with each site I go to
Old 11-14-2012, 08:47 PM   #35
twmotox

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LT RS
I am also a technician by trade and lost the feeling in my right hand from nerve damage. I even layed my hand on a hot grille and never felt it. Was told it would not come back but 12 months later it was fine again. Never give up hope
Old 12-01-2012, 05:12 PM   #36
ToddB

Drives: 2011 2SS Convertible Supercharged
I just read this and I to wish you the best of luck. That is very cool that a vendor did this for you. I dint tell you about my accident last year.I was in a accident with my Harley. Long story short I was suffering from heat stroke and did not realize it and drove off hwy 90 in SD doing 80 mph. I shattered my top two vertebrae in my neck. I was in a coma for 4 days. When I woke up they said I had a life saving surgery on my neck (witch took away 85% of my neck mobility) and that i would never work again and be on disability the rest of my life. I said to my self F-ck that and i set out to prove them wrong. 6 months after my accident I went back to work building parts for the navy's nuclear subs. I still have pain but I learned that your mind can over come a lot. I even go out golfing yet. Only thing its pretty hard to do when you cant turn your neck. Next year when i get my car back out I will drive over and meet You. Don't give up hope.
ToddB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:53 PM   #37
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Sorry to hear about your accident....please accept my condolences.

There are some good folks here...even our competitors. We're all in it for the same thing and want to see good people happy. Even upset and down folks.

If there's ever anything that SW Speed can do for you, our doors....my doors....are always open.

Be well friend and best wishes in your future!
Ivan and the SW Speed Team
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote