Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-05-2017, 03:38 PM   #15
SSDanny

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS M6
It might just be that the majority of people on here are v8 owners that have little to no knowledge on i4's and v6's? Like others have said, I'm sure you'd much rather hear from another i4 driver than one with a v8 and there's just not many on this forum bro
Old 09-07-2017, 08:14 PM   #16
DougCBJ

Drives: 2016 Blue 2SS
get your charger,

Last edited by DougCBJ; 09-07-2017 at 08:57 PM.
DougCBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 11:55 PM   #17
Oil Man

Drives: 2016 2SS, 2018 ZL1 A10 (RIPx2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleRS View Post

Pretty much described my week but no excuse to go off in a rant over something small. Most of it was credited to an @$$hole being a dick in his GEN5 SS and I honestly don't go looking for trouble and/or try to race anyone. This guy really was asking for me to flip my $#it and just t-bone is car with mine and who ever walks away wins. I love my little I4 but it's an I4...this guy really just got into my head and apparently made me look like an @$$ on here. So, apologies to anyone who was "offended." After reading some posts, I get it, you respond to what you know.

Thanks to everyone who gave some feedback,

EagleRS
I am not normally a person who likes to box something as complex and important as human interaction into some trite little quote, but the following sentence has changed my life in positive ways, and you may too find some value in it.

"Don't let anyone live in your head rent free."

Sorry you had a bad experience.
Oil Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 10:45 AM   #18
Hero_Camaro

Drives: 2016 2.0T RS
TBH it makes sense,some owners compare the i4 to a cheap honda civic which is very wrong its like a hierarchy with SS owners being on the top, its a sad reality that us 4 bangers live in even though our LTG is considered very capable and very under estimated..I've had a 2SS owner drive my Car and I can tell you he was very impressed with the engine and how light weight it was,I've driven his and it felt like mine car except its a bit heavier with more access to power when you need it its very fun to drive.Its more of a misconception
Hero_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 01:26 PM   #19
nicktechla

Drives: 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S
Sounds like someone is still upset about getting the 4 cylinder.. jk jk
-- Past --
2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe - Red Hot - A10, PDR - HRE P101
2015 Mustang GT PP - Whipple Supercharger
nicktechla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 04:37 PM   #20
Hero_Camaro

Drives: 2016 2.0T RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicktechla View Post
Sounds like someone is still upset about getting the 4 cylinder.. jk jk
The I4 is a very fun car to drive, the turbo makes my day much better especially when having a very bad day the turbo sound in sport mode is on point, and makes my day a lot better..I've driven the NPP and the No NPP v8 Camaro they are amazing cars indeed! And the ZL1 is even much better since it delivers much more power! I do not regret getting the I4 it's a great daily driver overall and never had me disappointed.
Hero_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 12:27 PM   #21
S2K+1LE
Account Suspended

Drives: 17 SS 1LE | 07 S2K
Quote:
It's apparent and so sad that every post that I find somewhat interesting, has some sort of response and others not one single reply.

This Kat asks about changing his rear diff. fluid on his 1LT 4 cyl. and I'm the only @$$hole who actually gave some feed back. I scrow down and some guy with a SS asks a similar question and everybody replies.

I'm tired of the smug attitude with some SS owners, not all but most. I thought this forum was to help each other out with their GEN6 Camaros. Not the guy or girl who has a SS and that's it.

Anyways, I digress and I have to come to terms that the responses won't be civil, and insightful like OEMTech. The only guy who actually answers questions regardless of what you drive.

Maybe I should follow his path and trade in my GEN6 for a SRT 392 Charger and actually have power and no list of problems like what almost all GEN6's have or will have.

Thanks for your time,

EagleRS
You sound incredibly insecure.

This post was hilarious, though. I might print it out, draw some tears on it, and keep it to laugh at for years to come.
S2K+1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 01:19 PM   #22
Giri
Soon to be Millionaire

Drives: Blue 2016 Camaro
Hahahahahaha I've noticed this as well. I'm the OP of the other thread and I do find it funny to see how the LTG engine isn't seen as worthy. It's almost impossible to find how to guides for a first time doing things to this car.
Old 09-18-2017, 02:16 PM   #23
EagleRS

Drives: Nightfall Grey 2.0L Turbo
Here you go sir...

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2K+1LE View Post
You sound incredibly insecure.

This post was hilarious, though. I might print it out, draw some tears on it, and keep it to laugh at for years to come.

Attached Images

EagleRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 02:23 PM   #24
Giri
Soon to be Millionaire

Quote:
Thank you BTW for bring this up. I really appreciate it
Old 09-18-2017, 06:48 PM   #25
V8Snob
Banned

Drives: SS Camaro
Well said
V8Snob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 07:12 AM   #26
Dustya

Drives: Overkill Supercharged 2016 CamaroV6
Jacfab has some of the best information out there not only that he is extremely friendly and willing to share information. If you guys would actually read the forums in the 4cyl section you would see this guys knows the ins and outs has swapped axles and differentials and would probably be more then happy to give you a quick explanation on how to change the fluid.

What blows my mind is that you are complaining about a post that has nothing to do with you.. And the question the person asks most of the information is found in the manual and the rest is already out in the forums somewhere a couple google searches could find it.

Don't blow up at people here this is a amazing forum to be apart of I would be careful and not burn your bridge here.

Follow me on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/hyperhawkcamaro/
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHR...-ilSpV3gMQnTuA

Supercharged with Overkill Superchargers http://www.v6superchargers.com
Dustya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 07:34 AM   #27
tcal780

Drives: 16 1SS White M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oil Man View Post
I am not normally a person who likes to box something as complex and important as human interaction into some trite little quote, but the following sentence has changed my life in positive ways, and you may too find some value in it.

"Don't let anyone live in your head rent free."

Sorry you had a bad experience.
I like this one.
tcal780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 12:29 PM   #28
Giri
Soon to be Millionaire

Can be found on google search, sure. What do you find? This forum. I really can't understand why people wouldn't want more threads?