Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

AWE Tuning

Old 09-06-2017, 05:44 AM   #1
EagleRS

Drives: Nightfall Grey 2.0L Turbo
I don't think this will buff out....

I am so pissed and so bummed all at once. I was driving down the interstate (285) ATL and minding my own business in the far left lane and a van maybe 8 - 10 car lengths ahead of me. Then suddenly a loud pop / WTF was that type of impact noise on my roof.

Not sure what to do and can't really think straight, I think the impact point is really close to the forbidden zone of trying to fix also.
Attached Images

EagleRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 07:46 AM   #2
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
It's hard to tell from that pic. Is there a dent or just a chip? Honestly, it doesn't look that bad in the pic.
Old 09-06-2017, 10:05 AM   #3
DougCBJ

Drives: 2016 Blue 2SS
i have chips all over my black camaro. If you look at my front bumper you wouldn't even be able to tell the color is supposed to be gloss black. If it's a daily driver you just got to learn to live with these things and not obsess over little imperfections (easier said than done I know), I'm just now starting to learn that lesson myself.
DougCBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 10:05 AM   #4
DWillys

Drives: Truck
Looks like a dent to me. A good shop should be able to fix easily. Getting them to do a seamless paint match is the hardest part.
DWillys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 10:42 AM   #5
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Looks like a dent and a chip. Take it to the shop. Get it fixed. You'll never know it was there once its fixed.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 05:46 AM   #6
EagleRS

Drives: Nightfall Grey 2.0L Turbo
I give up....

I know that "Doug" said something that my father-in-law tells me every now and then. To be honest, that $hit pisses me off, but it's the truth.

This morning apparently a truck hauling gravel was loosing some, and about 3 lanes of 85 southbound (ATL) were subjected to an "asteriod" field. I couldn't avoid it and I couldn't do anything to not get pelted. I have a huge scuff that appears white on my windshield now and three huge chips on my hood. I don't even want to know what the front bumper looks like.

Doug you are right, there is no point in obsessing over it.

I always thought it would be so cool to drive a Camaro to work everyday and enjoy it. Seems like it was the biggest mistake I ever made. Although, it's what you are able to come to terms with and / or remembering one little thing. 10% Action and 90% reaction.

Damn, I feel so hopeless but as my @$$hole father-in-law says, "if you drive the car its going to get damaged".

Thanks guys for the feedback and I guess my Camaro will look like Tommy Lee Jones' face after I finish paying it off.
EagleRS is offline   Reply With Quote