Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-23-2021, 10:56 AM   #1
kurmaro

Drives: 2022 Camaro 1SS
Regret Buying The LT1?

I recently financed a '21 LT1. Got it used with barely any miles on it. The price I paid for it I could have gotten a brand new 1SS or even a 2SS last year. I was too impatient to finally upgrade to a V8.

I'm just kicking myself because I do love the gauge cluster, screen, and bumper on the SS's, but there was just none near me.

I need someone to help me feel better about the purchase
kurmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 10:59 AM   #2
Crushin_LT1

Drives: 2021 LT1 6spd
Less stuff to eventually go wrong on the LT1. I wanted cloth because summers on black leather can be brutal.

Cheaper tires if you don't go wider.

You have a more classic, stripped down style muscle car vibe.

You're still rocking a v8 camaro.

You lack the ridiculous wing the SS models have, and can now add your own.
Old 06-23-2021, 11:05 AM   #3
kurmaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushin_LT1 View Post
Less stuff to eventually go wrong on the LT1. I wanted cloth because summers on black leather can be brutal.

You are right about all of that. Less fancy stuff, less things to worry about (also a tad lighter). I can rotate the tires with no problem, and I can add the upgraded headlights, spoiler, gauge cluster and whatnot to make it feel more like a "build". I guess it's not so bad.
Old 06-23-2021, 11:19 AM   #4
Jaxcam02

Drives: 2017 Silverado/2017 ZL1
You have a super awesome v8 that is a clean slate for you to mod to your liking. And to be honest, the LT1 now has a GM splitter available to makes it look pretty good.

https://www.musclecarsandtrucks.com/...ocker-package/
Old 06-23-2021, 11:47 AM   #5
Dagstar

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
^^^^What he said. The splitters out for them do a lot for the front end.
Old 06-23-2021, 11:53 AM   #6
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushin_LT1 View Post

FYI - I still have a RS spoiler that I was trying to sell (link below). Real clean look IMO

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showp...70&postcount=1

Name:  camaro-1ls_2.jpeg
Views: 1597
Size:  86.7 KB

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 12:06 PM   #7
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Sell it and buy the car you truly wanted. Now is the best time to sell one if you are not happy. If it was me and I felt like you, I wouldn't be able to talk myself into settling for something when I wanted something else.

Sorry, I know you want people to talk you into feeling better about your choice, but when I'm buying something like a Camaro, I'm buying the one I want. If you take a bit of a loss... Lesson Learned... Still better to get into what you want, then settle... (In my opinion...!)
jamala00 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 12:06 PM   #8
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
I got nothing

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 12:12 PM   #9
LT1ornothing

Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurmaro View Post
I recently financed a '21 LT1. Got it used with barely any miles on it. The price I paid for it I could have gotten a brand new 1SS or even a 2SS last year. I was too impatient to finally upgrade to a V8.

I'm just kicking myself because I do love the gauge cluster, screen, and bumper on the SS's, but there was just none near me.

I need someone to help me feel better about the purchase
I was in a similar situation, really wanted a new 1LE but couldn't afford it comfortably. The LT1 came out and I hunted down a local new zero options 2020 LT1 that had been sitting on the lot for the better part of a year. When zero customers were at the dealer as the pandemic began, I went over and easily picked it up for just under $30K. Not the new 1LE I wanted, but no regrets as I have an affordable fun v8 sports car and I saved over $10K "settling" for an LT1.
LT1ornothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 12:39 PM   #10
MR2Aaron

Drives: 2021 Camaro 1SS, 2012 Scion iQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
Sell it and buy the car you truly wanted. Now is the best time to sell one if you are not happy. If it was me and I felt like you, I wouldn't be able to talk myself into settling for something when I wanted something else.

Sorry, I know you want people to talk you into feeling better about your choice, but when I'm buying something like a Camaro, I'm buying the one I want. If you take a bit of a loss... Lesson Learned... Still better to get into what you want, then settle... (In my opinion...!)
This. I looked at an LT1 before I bought my SS, (almost bought it) but I regularly find myself thinking "Man, I'm glad I paid the few bucks extra for this SS." The color alone was a big deal for me. I forget what color the LT1 was, but I wanted "red hot." I'm glad I held out.

You may be able to sell your LT1 to Vroom for enough that you don't really take much of a loss, anyway. Then, just sit tight for supply to come back and buy what you really want. I know that's not terribly helpful advice if you're in a situation where you need *a car,* and I'm telling you to sell your only one, with no hope of buying the one you want immediately. Still, it sounds like the SS is really what you wanted.
MR2Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 12:43 PM   #11
Village Idiot

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS
Sell it and buy the spec you want. I bought a Mustang GT even though I grew up around Camaros. After I bought it I found myself continuously looking at Camaro listings, 2.5 weeks later I came home with my SS instead. No point in paying for a car you don't truly want, they're too expensive for that.
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 12:53 PM   #12
Big Lebowski

Drives: 022 C8 Z51 Red Mist HTC
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
I got nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
Sell it and buy the spec you want. I bought a Mustang GT even though I grew up around Camaros. After I bought it I found myself continuously looking at Camaro listings, 2.5 weeks later I came home with my SS instead. No point in paying for a car you don't truly want, they're too expensive for that.
I'm in agreement. Life is too short. Get the car that makes your heart go pitter-patter...unless its an Enzo Ferrari, then maybe not. But if an SS does it for ya, I say go for it (rather than searching for ways to justify less).

If that's not in the cards... Love the one you're with!
Old 06-23-2021, 12:59 PM   #13
Marlabuck

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT
Why regrets?...You have a beautiful sports car...love mine.
Attached Images

Marlabuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 01:03 PM   #14
kurmaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
I'd love to, but I'd basically lose all the money I put down, and I'd have to put another down payment on the new one. I can't just throw the down payment money away like that haha.