Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

AWE Tuning

Old 06-18-2021, 03:21 PM   #1
Travis959

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE
Problem with rear fuse box

I had my dashcam hardwired up to Fuse 39 (battery) and Fuse 19 (acc) in the trunk using this hardwiring kit and fuse taps and it was working fine for a little over a month. Then I noticed the dashcam didn't have power anymore since the beginning of June.

I checked the fuses in the fuse taps and they were fine, but I replaced them anyways, still no power. I checked the fuses with a voltmeter and it was showing 12.3 volts on the battery side while turned off and 14v when car was turned on, I didn't have anything on the accessory side even with the car turned on.

I don't think the acc wire needs to be working for power to work, but I'm pretty sure I can't find any switched fuses that are working in the trunk, although perhaps I missed some. I tried fuse 33 and fuse 17 but both show no power whether the car is on or off even though both had fuses in them.

So far, I've replaced the fuse taps, the fuses, and I bought another hardwire kit with the same results. The camera does work if I plug it into my computer or if I use the cigarette lighter adapter. I also tried to plug different things into the usb end of the cable and nothing is showing any power.

Does anyone have any ideas what is wrong? Is it a bad ground? I've grounded directly to the negative terminal on the battery which is what I'm using for my multimeter. I also used the same exact fuses on my 2018 Camaro 1SS with the same camera for around a year with no issues. Could my fuse block be bad?
Travis959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 04:41 PM   #2
Travis959

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE
I managed to get power to the camera, but still can't get parking mode to work again. It seems none of the accessory fuses work in the trunk?

Four fuses I tested do not have power in the trunk when the car is off. Those are:
F10: Heated Mirrors 10A
F17: Spare 7.5A
F19: Front Vented Seat 10A
F33: WCM 5A

The rest of the fuses show 12V when the car is off. When I turn the car on, still none of these fuses show any voltage. Does anyone have any ideas on why this is?
Travis959 is offline   Reply With Quote