Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-18-2021, 11:04 AM   #1
Jnewcomer

Drives: 2020 Camaro SS2
Post Clueless on new sizes for my 2020 SS

So I am looking to get a set of aftermarket wheels/all season tires for my 2020 SS/2 from Tire rack and I am completely clueless on what would be a "Safe" size for my Camaro. I really want to fill the wheel wells up a bit more but nothing that would give me concerns with fitment or ride quality changes. I guess I could speak to the experts on the customer service line at Tire Rack but would like some feedback on other Camaro owners on what advise they may have. Unfortunately cost does play a factor so I will be staying away from the ultra expensive tire brands...
Any input would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Jnewcomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 11:25 AM   #2
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Gotta pay to play in this realm.

Lowering the car would deal with the wheel well issue.

MRR makes replicas of the 1le and zl1 wheels. Apex makes some 18" and 19" wheels that fit and aren't that expensive.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 11:47 AM   #3
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Just search the tire forum for what others have done. Then double-check to make sure no one has gotten stability system warnings from that combination. The front and rear tires have to be very close in diameter (3%) or the car will detect a mismatch.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 03:36 PM   #4
Mark114

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnewcomer View Post
So I am looking to get a set of aftermarket wheels/all season tires for my 2020 SS/2 from Tire rack and I am completely clueless on what would be a "Safe" size for my Camaro. I really want to fill the wheel wells up a bit more but nothing that would give me concerns with fitment or ride quality changes. I guess I could speak to the experts on the customer service line at Tire Rack but would like some feedback on other Camaro owners on what advise they may have. Unfortunately cost does play a factor so I will be staying away from the ultra expensive tire brands...
Thanks
There are a number of all-season options available in OEM sizes but none of them are run-flats like the OEM Goodyears in case that matters. What is the goal of getting all-season tires?
Mark114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 05:19 PM   #5
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnewcomer View Post
Thanks
Plenty of ideas come to mind. What’s your budget?

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 10:59 AM   #6
Jnewcomer

Drives: 2020 Camaro SS2
I already have the wheels selected - A set of American Racing. I need all season tires as I want to drive this car more and being from Ohio the weather can start getting crappy in October....Again for tires, not looking for anything to extreme but just a little bit more meat to fill up the gaps. What sizes to most people go with or do I just stick with the original OEM sizes and stop worrying.
Jnewcomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 04:26 PM   #7
xqwisit23

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS Vert
what size wheel did you end up going with? 18,19 or 20"?
xqwisit23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 05:37 PM   #8
avalonandl

Drives: 2019 ZL-1
I went 19 inch square set up Firestones 275' 40 19 - loved them on 19 inch wheels. That was on my SS2....

2012 Yukon XL Denali w/ 6.2 AWD
avalonandl is offline   Reply With Quote