Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

AWE Tuning

Old 06-11-2021, 04:59 PM   #113
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
As been stated several times now, the entire market is going up. It isn't a Camaro thing. It is every car on the market. We're just talking about the Camaro itself. So regardless of previous sales, if the market goes up then the Camaro will go up along with it. Along with the fact that competitor pricing WILL affect Camaro pricing regardless of sales. Look around dude. Prices are already going up. On the used market the ZL1 is already selling for almost $10K more than what they were listed at a year ago.

Everything is going up. Food too. Look how much meat costs at the store. When I dine out I'm noticing prices have increased as well! Just in the last week I've noticed 3 differnt places I dined at upped their prices!

It seems every 5 years cars make a big jump in prices.

It boggles my mind how much some of these pickup trucks cost now.

Correct about cars. Like take cars in 1969. Adjust them to todays inflation numbers and even then they will be A LOT cheaper overall back then than they're today.

You also must factor in the tech stuff in these cars too now. Blind spot monitor, backup cameras, infotainment systems, collision warning sensors, wifi supported, etc.

Equal all these things into a car and you have a higher priced car.

I know many of us car people on here don't want all that trash on our cars. Many of us just want a base model with AC, and an auto tranny if desired. Not all this other stuff.

Some of these things are government mandates on cars like back up camera.

So how does wages keep up? Sure SOME places are bumping up pay, but not enough to keep up with these inflation.

Regular 87 gas has drastically went up in price down here 4 days ago. Our gas went up a lot more for 93.

If 87 goes up another dollar, ours will be almost $5 a gallon here in Florida, more in California. you will probably be seeing more people unloading their Mustangs and Camaros if gas goes way up! That isn't good for the Camaro.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 03:06 AM   #114
Chevelle vs Camaro

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
Actually, Texas was in crisis mode. Your hospitals were severely overwhelmed. Just like Florida was. In fact, they had to do a temporary emergency license so anyone with a license could work there immediately without having a Texas (or Florida) license. They had 3-6 month contracts for us. It's funny tho, that they claimed everything was fine all while the hospitals were all full.

Nothing I said has anything to do with politics. Nor does politics have anything to do with what I said. I'm talking about a Pandemic. Apparently people didn't even realize how bad it was in their own state. But anyway.

As I said before there are many things that will attract a person to buy online even if it might seem that the prices are higher. As far as the market, I don't think it is gonna change back any time soon if at all. Right now dealerships are selling used Charger RTs at prices that Hellcats were at last year. And again, not only is it highly possible that manufacturers are gonna up the MSRP, there is also the possibility that some of the more desirable cars will come with markups. We'll see soon enough. But I'm expecting the next Gen GTs, SS, and Challys/Chargers to be in the $50K range for entry level V8s. Shelbys, Hellcats, Vettes, and ZL1s/Z28s will probably all be starting out in the high $70K to low $80K range. Z06s will be where the C7 ZR1 was...most likely. These are all just predictions. But I expect to see pricing go up a tier at least.

I didn’t say just you, I said you all. You are involved in the conversation and when it starts to include things like Fake News or China Flu it’s turned political.

Weather you are referring to politics or not it’s got political connotations.

I’m just saying have your guy’s covid debate but don’t derail this thread... start your little conversation in it’s own covid thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chevelle vs Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 04:17 AM   #115
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
Everything is going up. Food too. Look how much meat costs at the store. When I dine out I'm noticing prices have increased as well! Just in the last week I've noticed 3 differnt places I dined at upped their prices!

It seems every 5 years cars make a big jump in prices.

It boggles my mind how much some of these pickup trucks cost now.

Correct about cars. Like take cars in 1969. Adjust them to todays inflation numbers and even then they will be A LOT cheaper overall back then than they're today.

You also must factor in the tech stuff in these cars too now. Blind spot monitor, backup cameras, infotainment systems, collision warning sensors, wifi supported, etc.

Equal all these things into a car and you have a higher priced car.

I know many of us car people on here don't want all that trash on our cars. Many of us just want a base model with AC, and an auto tranny if desired. Not all this other stuff.

Some of these things are government mandates on cars like back up camera.

So how does wages keep up? Sure SOME places are bumping up pay, but not enough to keep up with these inflation.

Regular 87 gas has drastically went up in price down here 4 days ago. Our gas went up a lot more for 93.

If 87 goes up another dollar, ours will be almost $5 a gallon here in Florida, more in California. you will probably be seeing more people unloading their Mustangs and Camaros if gas goes way up! That isn't good for the Camaro.
Exactly right. Everything is increasing in price and most likely will continue to do so. Fuel prices have an impact on everything and as that increases so to will everything else. And it is already happening. By Summer's end we'll probably be seeing fuel prices double what they are now here in NJ. Right now we're at just over $3 a gallon for premium. I think it'll be closer to $7 a gallon come Sept/Oct. Most people selling now are not only going to face higher buy in prices if they decide they want another one in the future, but they'll also be stepping down one or two trim levels. Current LT prices will be SS prices...current SS prices will be ZL1 prices...ZL1s will probably be closer to Base Z06 prices or 3LT Stingray prices. And also it will come with hefty gas prices. Regular gas will be like $6 a gallon. So you'll end up spending $45K - $50K for a V6 Camaro that will cost about $70 to fill with gas. At least those are my speculations. The goal is to rid all fuel dependency for mass produced public use vehicles. What better way to do that than to make them too expensive to own and drive? Right now it costs me about $45+ to fill my ZL1 from a quarter tank. How many people will be able to afford $90+ to fill the tank if it doubles in price?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevelle vs Camaro View Post
I didn’t say just you, I said you all. You are involved in the conversation and when it starts to include things like Fake News or China Flu it’s turned political.

Weather you are referring to politics or not it’s got political connotations.

I’m just saying have your guy’s covid debate but don’t derail this thread... start your little conversation in it’s own covid thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I couldn't care less about what connotations you think a statement about a Pandemic would bring. Why not then just ban and censure ALL comments that may become political? So how about we don't talk about fuel prices, the economy, or any of the other 5 million topics that could potentially become political? We don't need to do that because people have enough common sense to know what is allowed and what isn't allowed and we're all mature enough to reply appropriately as adults. FTR, YOU mentioned politics. Nobody else. So tell ya what, if it turns political, then address the person who takes it that way. My comments were completely in line with the conversation on how online purchasing was impacted by the Pandemic. It didn't derail anything. Someone made a false statement about the Virus and I corrected it being that I had first hand experience with it in my line of work. That was it. I'm not gonna curtail my relevant replies based off your fear that someone might get "political". Until I say something out of line, step off. And if the moderators feel it justified to do so then they can delete my comments and I'll be perfectly fine with that.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 11:17 AM   #116
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcintyre1969 View Post
I won't pay a premium for a new one. The prices are already ridiculous for Tahoe's and high end trucks. I will probably stick with what I have for at least a year, maybe longer if they try to run everything up.
Quote:
Exactly right. Everything is increasing in price and most likely will continue to do so. Fuel prices have an impact on everything and as that increases so to will everything else. And it is already happening. By Summer's end we'll probably be seeing fuel prices double what they are now here in NJ. Right now we're at just over $3 a gallon for premium. I think it'll be closer to $7 a gallon come Sept/Oct. Most people selling now are not only going to face higher buy in prices if they decide they want another one in the future, but they'll also be stepping down one or two trim levels. Current LT prices will be SS prices...current SS prices will be ZL1 prices...ZL1s will probably be closer to Base Z06 prices or 3LT Stingray prices. And also it will come with hefty gas prices. Regular gas will be like $6 a gallon. So you'll end up spending $45K - $50K for a V6 Camaro that will cost about $70 to fill with gas. At least those are my speculations. The goal is to rid all fuel dependency for mass produced public use vehicles. What better way to do that than to make them too expensive to own and drive? Right now it costs me about $45+ to fill my ZL1 from a quarter tank. How many people will be able to afford $90+ to fill the tank if it doubles in price?

I couldn't care less about what connotations you think a statement about a Pandemic would bring. Why not then just ban and censure ALL comments that may become political? So how about we don't talk about fuel prices, the economy, or any of the other 5 million topics that could potentially become political? We don't need to do that because people have enough common sense to know what is allowed and what isn't allowed and we're all mature enough to reply appropriately as adults. FTR, YOU mentioned politics. Nobody else. So tell ya what, if it turns political, then address the person who takes it that way. My comments were completely in line with the conversation on how online purchasing was impacted by the Pandemic. It didn't derail anything. Someone made a false statement about the Virus and I corrected it being that I had first hand experience with it in my line of work. That was it. I'm not gonna curtail my relevant replies based off your fear that someone might get "political". Until I say something out of line, step off. And if the moderators feel it justified to do so then they can delete my comments and I'll be perfectly fine with that.
I don't think the 1ss or low end 2ss will ever be zl1 prices around here. I just saw a 2017 used zl1 auto for 52k, automatic.
Old 06-12-2021, 12:12 PM   #117
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
I don't think the 1ss or low end 2ss will ever be zl1 prices around here. I just saw a 2017 used zl1 auto for 52k, automatic.
Unless at some point the manufacturers make the V8s all high end only and get rid of the lower trim level V8s. I can see that trend happening soon especially considering how the pricing is increasing.

My 17 ZL1 is fully optioned with A10 and a year ago it had a value of around mid $40K and that was with around 25K miles on it. The lower optioned ZL1s with a bit higher mileage and M6 trans were in the low $40K range and I saw a few dip into the high $30Ks. Now you won't find a used one with high mileage for under $50K on Car Gurus. And some are priced very close to what they sold at MSRP for. That should serve as a good indication of how drastically the market is increasing. And it is actually going up. Because the prices now are higher than they were 2 weeks ago. Right now my 17 could sell at a dealership for high $50K which is $15K higher than what you could have bought one for a year ago.
Old 06-12-2021, 03:23 PM   #118
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Unless at some point the manufacturers make the V8s all high end only and get rid of the lower trim level V8s. I can see that trend happening soon especially considering how the pricing is increasing.

My 17 ZL1 is fully optioned with A10 and a year ago it had a value of around mid $40K and that was with around 25K miles on it. The lower optioned ZL1s with a bit higher mileage and M6 trans were in the low $40K range and I saw a few dip into the high $30Ks. Now you won't find a used one with high mileage for under $50K on Car Gurus. And some are priced very close to what they sold at MSRP for. That should serve as a good indication of how drastically the market is increasing. And it is actually going up. Because the prices now are higher than they were 2 weeks ago. Right now my 17 could sell at a dealership for high $50K which is $15K higher than what you could have bought one for a year ago.

Damn! I bought a 2016 2ss last Sept. If I would have seen a 2017 ZL1 in the high 30s I would have jumped all over it!!!!! I see people on here saying how they scored all these deals on their new 2SSs and wonder how you got it so cheap!

The cars VRoom has listed in this region are a few K more than what dealers want and more miles on them. They haven't been moving much at all and had some price reduction but still higher than the dealer. I don't know why they're buying all the cars up.

Me thinks these internet companies are buying these cars up at higher prices so they can get a big chunk of the market share away from dealers. So if you need so so car you will have no choice to use Carvana or Vroom.

Basically just like these big investment firms hogging all the housing inventory right now and forcing you to rent from them.

That's why I think Vroom, etc. is offering such high prices to buy your car. They want to buy the inventory up.
Old 06-13-2021, 12:02 AM   #119
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Damn! I bought a 2016 2ss last Sept. If I would have seen a 2017 ZL1 in the high 30s I would have jumped all over it!!!!! I see people on here saying how they scored all these deals on their new 2SSs and wonder how you got it so cheap!

The cars VRoom has listed in this region are a few K more than what dealers want and more miles on them. They haven't been moving much at all and had some price reduction but still higher than the dealer. I don't know why they're buying all the cars up.

Me thinks these internet companies are buying these cars up at higher prices so they can get a big chunk of the market share away from dealers. So if you need so so car you will have no choice to use Carvana or Vroom.

Basically just like these big investment firms hogging all the housing inventory right now and forcing you to rent from them.

That's why I think Vroom, etc. is offering such high prices to buy your car. They want to buy the inventory up.
There were only a handful of them that I saw that dipped that low. I noticed it and it made me feel bad about the value of the ZL1. But also they were all M6 with like 60K miles and had no extra options added on. It's refreshing to see that the values have sky rocketed.
Old 06-17-2021, 10:32 AM   #120
Laststandard

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
My final update for this - Vroom finally has my car listed. They paid me 41.3, have it on the site for 44,999. Along the way it looks like they put 20 miles on it, managed to scrape the front splitter, ding one of the rims, and put a dent in the trunk lid. They never tried any funny business with me - I didn't hear from them after the money was in my account.
Old 06-17-2021, 12:01 PM   #121
JoeCamaro444

Drives: 2018 2SS M6 Hot Wheels Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laststandard View Post
My final update for this - Vroom finally has my car listed. They paid me 41.3, have it on the site for 44,999. Along the way it looks like they put 20 miles on it, managed to scrape the front splitter, ding one of the rims, and put a dent in the trunk lid. They never tried any funny business with me - I didn't hear from them after the money was in my account.
Same story here! They paid me $38000, put it up for $41999, put 29 miles on it since pick up, and scraped the bottom of the front ground effects a bit. No worries for me though, got paid and went smoothly all of the way through.
1988 IROC-Z (tons of mods), 1995 Z28, 1998 Z28, 2006 GTO, 2010 Camaro 1SS, 2015 Subaru STI, a couple Acuras and multiple Jeeps.
JoeCamaro444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 06:43 PM   #122
Bains

Drives: '18 Camaro 2SS 1LE M6T
Just parted with my 1LT RS w/ redline for 29,850 to Vroom (more than I paid brand new). Now I’m just waiting for the market to drop back down so I can finally get into the V8 that I missed out on when first buying a camaro. Either going to get into a new 2022 SS or find a used ZL1.
Bains is offline   Reply With Quote