Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

AWE Tuning

Old 04-16-2018, 06:39 PM   #29
waterman

Drives: Grandad's C2 L89
It's good to hear that you got your confirmation.

I'm surprised that you gentlemen had issues. Richard is responsive to questions and I have always received good customer service.

Regardless, I think that you will see that their plugs and Black Holes are well engineered and effective products.

Last edited by waterman; 04-16-2018 at 06:40 PM. Reason: grammar
waterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 05:44 AM   #30
awrj2000

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro
If you look at the views of this tread it is over 1,000 with this post being 30.

The information has given good insight to Dimple products being the best and laid out exactly what fits our cars.

If 25% reviewed this and placed orders that is a large volume of sales in a short time for a specific product. I wouldn't think they have 200+ ready to ship at any time, so a little understanding may be necessary here.
awrj2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 07:56 AM   #31
justaspade
This Is Bumblebee

Drives: 2018 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by awrj2000 View Post
If you look at the views of this tread it is over 1,000 with this post being 30.

The information has given good insight to Dimple products being the best and laid out exactly what fits our cars.

If 25% reviewed this and placed orders that is a large volume of sales in a short time for a specific product. I wouldn't think they have 200+ ready to ship at any time, so a little understanding may be necessary here.
I just ordered mine from the info in this thread. Will do rear diff this weekend since I'm at 600 miles.
Old 09-13-2018, 06:36 PM   #32
Warrior102

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE Black
I had a $13.99 oil pan bolt on Amazon in my cart but decided to get the Dimple ($41.60 shipped) after reading this thread. First off what was depicted on the website is not what I got, it shows a blue coated bolt and what I got was a black one, also the magnet isn't terribly strong, I have neo magnets on the fridge that will smoke it. IMHO get the Amazon one $14 and free two-day shipping.

Last edited by Warrior102; 09-14-2018 at 03:35 AM.
Warrior102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 02:43 PM   #33
IdahoJosh

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE
I know I am replying to an old thread, but need help. I bought a Dimple oil drain plug for my ZL1 recently and nothing has been sent. I bought direct from Dimple to avoid any knockoff scam from Amazon. The money was paid for the drain plug but nothing has been sent. When you call Dimple no answer and no ability to leave a voicemail. I emailed the contact page on their website, no reply. Seems Dimple is the scam now. As if paying over $40 for a drain plug wasn't a scam enough.
IdahoJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 03:05 PM   #34
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoJosh View Post
I know I am replying to an old thread, but need help. I bought a Dimple oil drain plug for my ZL1 recently and nothing has been sent. I bought direct from Dimple to avoid any knockoff scam from Amazon. The money was paid for the drain plug but nothing has been sent. When you call Dimple no answer and no ability to leave a voicemail. I emailed the contact page on their website, no reply. Seems Dimple is the scam now. As if paying over $40 for a drain plug wasn't a scam enough.
When I bought mine over a year ago it took a long time to get, turns out the company is basically a 1 man show and his elderly wife was in the hospital so things quickly backed up. I had a hard time getting a hold of him but eventually did get in contact and received my magnetic drain plug and filter magnets...
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 10:48 AM   #35
ddivinia

Drives: 19 ZR1 20 350R Wife -> 24 ZL1 Vert
Great info.

D.
ddivinia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 03:34 PM   #36
20Bluezl1

Drives: 2020 Zl1 A10 Riverside Blue
So bringing this thread back as I don't like to just make new threads for no reason. Does anyone know if these drain plug sizes are the same for 2020 zl1? I'm looking for a Rear diff plug and an extra one to add to a bung on my transmission. Any help would be appreciated
20Bluezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2023, 01:20 AM   #37
Buddy Shagmore

Drives: '23 LT1 & '16 GMC Canyon
I ordered a Dimple, never got a shipping notice, and their website was down. I reported this to Paypal. Dimple did not respond to my text and voicemail was full. I ordered a Votex plug, it came a few days later. Appears to be a quality magnetic plug.
Buddy Shagmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2023, 01:59 AM   #38
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Shagmore View Post
I ordered a Dimple, never got a shipping notice, and their website was down. I reported this to Paypal. Dimple did not respond to my text and voicemail was full. I ordered a Votex plug, it came a few days later. Appears to be a quality magnetic plug.
I ordered a Dimple, took a bit to get (back in 2020), it is a one man show and his wife was very ill so he apologized about the delay, I'm guessing family issues may have gotten worse hence the no reply, not an excuse for a business, but just giving some info...

The drain plug and magnets I finally received were top quality...
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2023, 04:21 AM   #39
Kezos

Drives: 22 1SS 1LE
I ordered a dimple back in February, didn't hear anything for a month and never responded to my messages or calls. Day after I filed a complaint for a refund on paypal they shipped it.
Old 05-16-2023, 06:37 AM   #40
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
Word of experience here, don't use whatever cheap magnetic plug that you find on Amazon. I had slow drip from the plug, it never got snug, and each time I'd inspect it, it was finger loose. It finally broke in half (!) and my initial gasp in despair was shortlived as I was able to turn out the lower half of the bolt, no damage to the pan.

I put a Fumoto on it now. I've changed oil on my cars for 30 years and I've never had that happen.

Going to get a black hole thingy.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1
WhiteMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2023, 09:11 AM   #41
Buddy Shagmore

Drives: '23 LT1 & '16 GMC Canyon
The Votex is made in Wisconsin.
Attached Images

Buddy Shagmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 04:46 PM   #42
Caerus

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoJosh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Shagmore View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezos View Post
I ordered a dimple back in February, didn't hear anything for a month and never responded to my messages or calls. Day after I filed a complaint for a refund on paypal they shipped it.
Same situation here. I am on my third week after I ordered and no email, VM or text response. I am amazed no communication what so ever. Trying to perform my first oil change after break-in and waiting on this magnetic drain plug is holding things up. I will try Midwest Corvette or Votex.