AWE Tuning

Old 06-22-2021, 05:25 PM   #1
HxllxMan
Pistons Lover

Drives: cars!
Issue with starting the car P0700 and P0708

Hi Guys,

https://youtu.be/q_eQZ37GVTs?t=15

My car is having an issue with the starting procedure.
Sometimes it will think it started, you can see the gauges moving but doesn't even try to crank the engine.

I know the car is having an issue when the seat is not moving forward when i push the start button.

Battery is full / engine is not cranking when bugging / it will crank fine sometimes on the first try / does not matter cold or hot / key fob battery is new.

The car was imported by local chevy dealer, but they do not have parts in stock.
Chevy think it is either the brake pedal sensor / neutral switch in gearbox / gearbox or engine PCM/ECM.

Total cost if changing everything 3400$

Thanks for the help.
Attached Images

2017 CAMARO ZL1 10AT
HxllxMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 08:06 PM   #2
SFV1LE

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue ZL1 1LE
It seems like a strange issue, that sucks I hope you can find a solution with the limited resources there. You may just need to have the ECU reflashed by the dealer.

End to end the island is about 30 miles, with a 7000+ ft volcano in the middle. Is there a nice canyon road up the mountain?

I'm trying to understand why someone would import a ZL1 to Tahiti, are the roads nice and can you open it up somewhere with little traffic? I assume there is no racetrack.
SFV1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 08:14 PM   #3
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
All of those say transmission related, how is that possibly a brake pedal switch issue?
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 08:20 PM   #4
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Something that is also non-related, but do you have the hood open? I saw that message displayed on DIC.

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 08:44 PM   #5
HxllxMan
Pistons Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFV1LE View Post
It seems like a strange issue, that sucks I hope you can find a solution with the limited resources there. You may just need to have the ECU reflashed by the dealer.

End to end the island is about 30 miles, with a 7000+ ft volcano in the middle. Is there a nice canyon road up the mountain?

I'm trying to understand why someone would import a ZL1 to Tahiti, are the roads nice and can you open it up somewhere with little traffic? I assume there is no racetrack.
Dealer reflashed the ECU and didn't fixed.

Hahaha, no nice open or canyon road....
Don't try to understand, me too asking myself why... but always wanted a V8 before everything goes Hybrid.
No racetrack, no good open road

The car was imported by the Chevy Dealer (even not available for our region) because someone wanted.
Cost of the car brand new was 179.000$ usd.
But before and with COVID, owner was in deep trouble and sold me the car for 90.000$ with only 3000 miles.

2017 CAMARO ZL1 10AT
Old 06-22-2021, 08:53 PM   #6
HxllxMan
Pistons Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
All of those say transmission related, how is that possibly a brake pedal switch issue?
The weird thing is the transmission do show in Parking before starting the car.
I do not understand also why it is related to brake pedal.
I did told them why my seat is not moving forward when pushing start.
It tells me it won't start.

2017 CAMARO ZL1 10AT
Old 06-22-2021, 08:54 PM   #7
HxllxMan
Pistons Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochoidal View Post
Something that is also non-related, but do you have the hood open? I saw that message displayed on DIC.
Yes hood was open, but I did try with hood closed and same problem.
Never had issue with hood open before.

2017 CAMARO ZL1 10AT
Old 06-22-2021, 09:38 PM   #8
SFV1LE

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by HxllxMan View Post
Dealer reflashed the ECU and didn't fixed.

Hahaha, no nice open or canyon road....
Don't try to understand, me too asking myself why... but always wanted a V8 before everything goes Hybrid.
No racetrack, no good open road

The car was imported by the Chevy Dealer (even not available for our region) because someone wanted.
Cost of the car brand new was 179.000$ usd.
But before and with COVID, owner was in deep trouble and sold me the car for 90.000$ with only 3000 miles.
Sounds good, you got a great deal! I'm sure it's fun driving it there on a nice sunny Tahiti day. Makes me really appreciate my US pricing and below MSRP deal.
SFV1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 01:52 PM   #9
HxllxMan
Pistons Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFV1LE View Post
Sounds good, you got a great deal! I'm sure it's fun driving it there on a nice sunny Tahiti day. Makes me really appreciate my US pricing and below MSRP deal.
Yes indeed, I was a bit scared to buy it because of the "oil pump failure".
But for the price it was, ain't that bad to replace the pump if needed.

2017 CAMARO ZL1 10AT
Old 09-09-2021, 01:57 PM   #10
HxllxMan
Pistons Lover

Look like my issue is related to the "Automatic Transmission Gear Position Sensor - GM (24289773)".

Local dealer quote me 335$ for the part alone.
I can get the part for less than 60$
but they say the sensor will need to be program/calibrate?

True or false?

2017 CAMARO ZL1 10AT
Old 09-20-2021, 11:11 AM   #11
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
Check to make sure the positive terminal on the battery is properly connected!

I had some issues with my car not starting randomly, other times it would start but the motor would crank over very slowly. My seats would not move up and sometimes I would have to index my windows.

I checked the battery with a multimeter after letting the car sit for 3 days, battery tested fine.
I also checked the battery while the car was running and it showed the alternator was working just fine.

While checking the battery I noticed that the small nut/bolt located on the positive cable terminal which is used to “lock” the terminal into place when connected to the battery was not properly seated.

It was off just a bit, I re-installed it properly and haven’t had any issues since.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 03:37 PM   #12
HxllxMan
Pistons Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain View Post
Check to make sure the positive terminal on the battery is properly connected!

I had some issues with my car not starting randomly, other times it would start but the motor would crank over very slowly. My seats would not move up and sometimes I would have to index my windows.

I checked the battery with a multimeter after letting the car sit for 3 days, battery tested fine.
I also checked the battery while the car was running and it showed the alternator was working just fine.

While checking the battery I noticed that the small nut/bolt located on the positive cable terminal which is used to “lock” the terminal into place when connected to the battery was not properly seated.

It was off just a bit, I re-installed it properly and haven’t had any issues since.
Hi Alain,

I did! I have disconnected the battery to double check and even make sure the ground wasn't painted...

I don't have any issue with starter motor cranking, when it goes it start right away.
It looks like the gear position sensor not reacting quickly enough.

I did notice when car start for the day, it will start everytimes...
The P0708 will sometimes self clear or pop back even when car crank like normal.
I do wonder if my battery is mess up (replaced 10 months ago after car drained while in storage )

Regards,

2017 CAMARO ZL1 10AT