Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-23-2021, 06:54 PM   #1
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
ARH catted headers - long setup to NPP

I’m going to purchase the ARH long setup and hook it to the factory NPP muffler.

Who bought ceramic coated headers on here that add the O2 in the collector for WB? I can’t remember who made the post.

I’m asking because I recall it was a love/hate situation because the headers were ceramic coated and of course to add the bung it was going to remove some of the coating.

I’d prefer to have ARH add the bung and have the headers coated afterwards.

My question to the member that did this is how much of the coating did you lose because of adding the additional bung?

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“

Last edited by Trochoidal; 06-20-2021 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Typo
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 09:21 PM   #2
Trochoidal

It was JCunningham’s thread and it was Blazzin1 that installed the bung after ceramic coat. I believe Blazzin1 sold the car and may not see my post.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=552455

I’m just going to contact ARH directly and order the exhaust with the extra bung in the collector.

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Old 02-23-2021, 10:23 PM   #3
cmitchell17

Drives: 17 2SS, 8L90, Cam, Heads, E85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochoidal View Post
It was JCunningham’s thread and it was Blazzin1 that installed the bung after ceramic coat. I believe Blazzin1 sold the car and may not see my post.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=552455

I’m just going to contact ARH directly and order the exhaust with the extra bung in the collector.
I completely forgot about getting a bung in my kooks headers. For the almost $2500 price you pay and they don't even give you a extra bung, which is a very common need, is ridiculous. Along with the extremely thin, less than 16 ga tubes and collectors, I regret buying my kooks, and now my car sounds like a crapy work truck/van with exhaust leaks with all the noises and ticking radiating through the tubes and collector.

Anyway, I asked kooks and they said its no problem if you want to pull them off after its run and apply a coating.

I may try welding a bung in mine, although I should probably check to get a bung with less galvanic potential with 304 stainless. I am just worried since my welding skills are so bad, I just have a MIG with C25 gas, but its still easy to burn through and all it takes is a pop and splatter and anything molten will make a hole.
cmitchell17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 11:16 PM   #4
Trochoidal

You’re exactly right about the extra bung as I also feel it should be standard. Even better an option for $35.

Good to know the ceramic can be added later. Hopefully ARH will take care of this when we talk later this week.

Old 03-04-2021, 06:39 PM   #5
Trochoidal

Headers came in and I’ll install in a couple of weeks once the weather is warmer. ARH gave me the bungs to add and once that’s done I’m hoping to ceramic coat.

Also had a friend send me this letter. Guess off-road exhaust will disappear completely.
Attached Images

Old 03-05-2021, 12:19 PM   #6
Chrome383Z

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS
Ewww your right. I just looked on their website and they only sell headers with CATs now. I guess I’ll be going CSP...
Old 03-05-2021, 09:46 PM   #7
Trochoidal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome383Z View Post
Ewww your right. I just looked on their website and they only sell headers with CATs now. I guess I’ll be going CSP...
Hopefully you get what you want before it’s “gone”. I figure CSP and Speed Engineering will be selling a lot of off-road exhaust systems.

Old 03-05-2021, 09:48 PM   #8
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Welcome to the new America :(
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 03:44 PM   #9
Trochoidal

So everything worked out. Had the bung welded in, sent headers out for ceramic coat and did the install.

I’d mention that regardless of the header you buy, going 2” primary with the BMR motor mounts was a great combination.

Here’s a few pictures of the process along the way.
Attached Images

Old 06-22-2021, 07:06 PM   #10
Chrome383Z

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS
Nice! I just got my CSP 2” headers with the GESI cats in as well. I have to take them to get a WB bung installed, I don’t understand why this isn’t an option (or standard). With the EPA cracking down talk about a selling point! I would have migrated towards headers with a WB installed from the factory. Now I have to do that, then send them out for ceramic, pay the shipping to do all of that. There’s an opportunity here for a mfg to do it and make some $$$.

Regardless, the CSP headers do look nice.
Attached Images

Old 06-22-2021, 07:55 PM   #11
Trochoidal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome383Z View Post
Nice! I just got my CSP 2” headers with the GESI cats in as well. I have to take them to get a WB bung installed, I don’t understand why this isn’t an option (or standard). With the EPA cracking down talk about a selling point! I would have migrated towards headers with a WB installed from the factory. Now I have to do that, then send them out for ceramic, pay the shipping to do all of that. There’s an opportunity here for a mfg to do it and make some $$$.

Regardless, the CSP headers do look nice.
Looking good! You’ll be doing this install soon. Hope it goes well for you.

I think Speed Engineering does have the WB bung included. Ah well, it was only a day for the addition. Turn around for the ceramic was munch longer.

A bit of advice, run a tap through the bung after it’s welded in place and before ceramic coating.