Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Phastek Performance

Old 06-08-2021, 09:07 PM   #1
Village Idiot

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS
C7 Carbon - Never again

Want to pass along my experience ordering a ZL1 1LE wing from C7 Carbon. In the middle of February I contacted them about their gloss black wing and was told that it’s running on a 6-8 week lead time whereas the 12 week lead time was for the carbon fiber wings.

I placed my order for the OEM style gloss black wing on February 22nd, card was charged and they took my money immediately.

- I checked in on Friday March 26th, right before the 6 week mark just to see if everything was on track and if they had an expected fulfillment date. They told me 10-15 business days. 8 weeks like told with maybe a 1 week delay, cool not a problem.

- I never heard anything and never got any shipping information so about 4 weeks later on April 22nd I followed up again, just asking if it got delayed. Was told the wing is finishing up production and will ship the following weekend.

- Again I never heard anything that following weekend and never received shipping info. On 5/15 I sent them an email, now at the 12 week lead time for the carbon fiber wing. Was told my wing is now at the polishing station and will be shipping the following Tuesday.

- Guess what? Tuesday came and the wing never shipped again. Patience wearing thin and ready to cancel the order I emailed them again and they told me it’ll be shipping on their next shipment next week. Now it’s my understanding from reading on this company that they ship once a week in batches on Tuesday’s. So my wing should’ve shipped today (6/8) and again I never got any information.

If it doesn’t magically show up this week past their shipping batch then next week will now be 16 weeks on a 6-8 week quoted lead, with the runaround on 4 different shipment dates. If it doesn’t show up at this point probably just going to cancel or dispute the charge.

Last edited by Village Idiot; 06-10-2021 at 08:12 PM.
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 10:27 PM   #2
AZIROC

Drives: '86 IROC-Z '18 ZL1
As much as I feel for ya.... And as much as I am cracking up by your user name... go find the Anderson Composites ZL1 1LE thread. I ordered the 1st week of Nov 2020 and got it sometime early May 2021. We all had the same type of time line. Told 1 thing. Then another. Then another. Then another. Sadly, all covid has done is made an excuse for lazy people to be lazier.
AZIROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 11:53 PM   #3
Village Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZIROC View Post
As much as I feel for ya.... And as much as I am cracking up by your user name... go find the Anderson Composites ZL1 1LE thread. I ordered the 1st week of Nov 2020 and got it sometime early May 2021. We all had the same type of time line. Told 1 thing. Then another. Then another. Then another. Sadly, all covid has done is made an excuse for lazy people to be lazier.
I just can’t take the Covid excuse anymore after almost 1.5 years. Especially when other vendors on here that I’ve bought from have been awesome during the same time. I dont know, I’ll probably give them one more week until I cancel and use the money on something else I don’t actually need
Old 06-09-2021, 04:05 AM   #4
AZIROC

Drives: '86 IROC-Z '18 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
I just can’t take the Covid excuse anymore after almost 1.5 years. Especially when other vendors on here that I’ve bought from have been awesome during the same time. I dont know, I’ll probably give them one more week until I cancel and use the money on something else I don’t actually need

I agree. Don't get me started on any of the bullshit from covid. Specially the extra $ people r getting for not working.

I was about to do the same with Anderson as far as cancel. I wanna say I was around week 24ish and haven't heard any real update. So I called and, while being polite, asked what the hold up was. Thankfully the person I talked to was beyond helpful and he found my spoiler was actually in final QC and would be shipped out. Of course they said Friday and I wanna say it wasn't till Monday. Either way, its worth the wait.
AZIROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 10:13 AM   #5
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
most aero stuff is made overseas so its hard to get exact eta and with the way boats/freight are lately its even worse
Old 06-10-2021, 03:31 PM   #6
Dagstar

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
I've ordered several parts from C7 since late 2018 and delivery has ranged from within a week of the delivery timeline to my latest in September 2020 taking about 4 months from an initial 6-8 week delivery. It was later updated on the website I purchased it from to 8-12 weeks. Frustrating but it happens.

What's not excusable is being given the run around. I'd rather be told they don't know when it'll be ready than fed false hope.
Old 06-10-2021, 07:11 PM   #7
Village Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagstar View Post
I've ordered several parts from C7 since late 2018 and delivery has ranged from within a week of the delivery timeline to my latest in September 2020 taking about 4 months from an initial 6-8 week delivery. It was later updated on the website I purchased it from to 8-12 weeks. Frustrating but it happens.

What's not excusable is being given the run around. I'd rather be told they don't know when it'll be ready than fed false hope.
I just had to cancel the order. I was done waiting and called them yesterday, twice they told me it's 100% shipping today (6/10) and no shipping information ever came again. Being told 5 different times something's going to ship is crazy to me.
Old 06-10-2021, 10:15 PM   #8
C7 Carbon

Drives: Camaro
Hello, We first wanted to say we deeply apologize about the delays with this order. Your order is finished and tagged at our factory. Our shipment from our factory is scheduled to leave tomorrow and should cross to San Diego tomorrow night. We hope to have the boxes at UPS tomorrow night, but they might not get scanned in until Saturday or Monday.

We do apologize about the delays. Our products are all custom made inhouse and sometimes we do run into delays. What has made it difficult for us this year is our raw materials are extremely backordered and some have limits on what we can purchase due to covid.

Thank you again and please let us know how we can help!
C7 Carbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 05:11 AM   #9
Spaceme1117

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS, 2011 Corvette GS
Not sure if ACS Composites would have what you want but I would check them out.

So far I have ordered from ACS Composites a GM 1LE splitter, ACS splash guards, and I just received their ZL1 side skirts.

All top quality and shipped within a day of ordering. Well packaged and received within 3 days with free FedEx shipping.

Even if the parts have to be “custom” made, there is no excuse for taking 12+ weeks and multiple broken promises. C7 Carbon, that’s just plain bad.
Spaceme1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 08:13 PM   #10
Chrome383Z

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS
No excuses, but I can tell you lead times for just about everything are pushed out right now. Now being honest that they don’t know is something that isn’t right…
Old 06-22-2021, 09:15 PM   #11
Village Idiot

I'll make a final update on this:

When I emailed to cancel they assured me the wing was 110% shipping the next day. This time it did actually ship. It came in today (UPS had delays and I live across country the long ship time had nothing to do with C7). I installed it literally 9 minutes after UPS dropped it off, I had the stock spoiler off and ready to go.

As for the wing, fitment is excellent. Quality of whatever material it's constructed out of seems to be very good, it held up strong during Mexico speeds. Installation is confusing as hell luckily I was able to to find a guide on their website (I might just be dumb this could be on me). Paint quality seems cheap, I'm probably going to get it resprayed over winter I doubt it can be more than $250 but for less than $1k shipped I'm happy with it.

C7: Get your act together on quoting lead times and setting expectations and I think you'll be close to 100%.
Old 06-25-2021, 03:47 PM   #12
G2K
@Blackmamba_1LE

Drives: 2017 1LE
Honestly If these parts are made in china or if parts are made locally the materials still might be from China.... Don't wait on ANYTHING soon, me working in shipping I know for a fact things from CN to US is a bidding war right now and there's no capacity ON ANY SHIPS... the demand is too big and items getting on ships is a matter of who's paying the most for slots on vessels. Fight rates are going for literally +400%-500% times their "regular" rates... get accustomed to it because forecast shows at least 1.5 yr maybe 2 yrs of the same back log.