#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Phastek Performance

Old 08-18-2022, 04:35 PM   #239
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor5244 View Post
The front looks good, not a fan of the rear. I think it looks weird because they made it a hatch back. I am glad that they are at least trying to deliver the character that muscle car buyers want such as drive modes, some sort of simulated gear shifts, some sort of electro funk exhaust note, power shot of extra electrons.
they did what chevy should do if they want to build and sell a gen 7 camaro.other wise the camaro is going away soon.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 04:40 PM   #240

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
So now it's a big wind-whistle....What's next? Baseball cards in the spokes?...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 04:44 PM   #241
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Like others, I also slept on this and today it feels like an even worse disappointment than on the spot. Just listen to the crowd, there was hardly any cheers even from these Mopar fans.

I honestly don't understand what this thing is purporting to be, and that fake sound better be different for the production model, because what came across youtube was downright embarrassing. Looking for a silver lining, I liked the interior the most, but even that is not particularly great.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 06:31 PM   #242
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
So now it's a big wind-whistle....What's next? Baseball cards in the spokes?...

2017 C7 Stingray - M7 Coupe - Sold
2019 C7 Grand Sport M7 Vert - Sold
2021 Camaro ZL1 - Black - A10 - Sold
2019 Tesla Model 3
2022 CT4-V Blackwing - M6
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 06:31 PM   #243
rlarsen462
Sell Low, Buy High

Drives: 2022 ZLE, 2023 ZLE (Inbound)
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Like others, I also slept on this and today it feels like an even worse disappointment than on the spot. Just listen to the crowd, there was hardly any cheers even from these Mopar fans.

I honestly don't understand what this thing is purporting to be, and that fake sound better be different for the production model, because what came across youtube was downright embarrassing. Looking for a silver lining, I liked the interior the most, but even that is not particularly great.
It's the end result of being forced by authoritarian government overreach to bring a product to market that no one wants. And to me, it played exactly like that.

This would NEVER have been debuted based purely on market research in the absence of the "climate emergency" bullshit.
rlarsen462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 06:35 PM   #244
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlarsen462 View Post
It's the end result of being forced by authoritarian government overreach to bring a product to market that no one wants. And to me, it played exactly like that.

This would NEVER have been debuted based purely on market research in the absence of the "climate emergency" bullshit.
Not being government forced at the Federal level, only encouraged with tax incentives. Your ire should be with CARB.
Old 08-18-2022, 06:53 PM   #245
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Not being government forced at the Federal level, only encouraged with tax incentives. Your ire should be with CARB.
Who do you think gave CARB a waiver to enforce stricter standards than the Feds do? hmmm, Feds?
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 09:09 PM   #246
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by detamble13 View Post
James feel free to start another thread and post more pics. I can't make it this year and the show on channel 7 concentrates too much on the stories and not enough on the cars.
Only because you asked nicely.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...1#post11217293
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 05:59 AM   #247
Cmax

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS FIFTY convertible
I’ve always been a glass half full guy….
Instead of complaining….let’s be Americans and lead the world in change.
My great grandfather started a business in the early 20’s, that maintained the growing number of automobiles. He fixed convertible tops and tires. With bad roads, he was busy. My grandpa took over, and during the depression, he offered 24 hour service, and made more than most in the 30’s.
He started a Rambler American dealership, which led to him and a partner, getting a Ford dealership in the early summer of 1941. Fortunately, he lost the dealership 6 months later, when we went to war on December 8 1941, (when they quit making cars) or I would likely have to be driving Mustangs….speaking of which, when I was 12 I watched grandpa make a mustang convertible top from scratch.
My point is, in 1910 when Ford was cranking out Model T’s, there was not nearly enough infrastructure to support gas guzzling cars….but rather than bemoan the unemployment of the farrier, we embraced change….
Now, we need to embrace change by replacing the idiots running our country right now.
We need to build more power plants, not more genders. Create patents, not pronouns.
Instead of wondering what to do if my car takes 30 minutes to two hours to charge….how bout putting a ‘destination’ at the interstate exit…. With plastic dinosaurs and putt putt….mini museums…maybe the worlds largest something…or the best blueberry pancakes this side of the Mississippi….or see world famous cigars, and the blue dress unzipped by bill clinton…stains and all!
Yesterday I went past a quick oil change and wondered what those guys would be doing in ten years….
The new Challenger sounds like the Jetsons car……but I’m looking past that gimmic, and wondering when I can fly my car in 20 years.
In the meantime, I hope I can hold on to my horses for the next generation…hopefully my son can show his grand kids the last of the great V8 muscle cars…..
Cmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 06:02 AM   #248
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
Who do you think gave CARB a waiver to enforce stricter standards than the Feds do? hmmm, Feds?
Still CARB. But the narrative is the Federal Government is mandating EVs. They aren’t.

Now what the Feds have done is increase CAFE/emissions requirements to the point ICE simply becomes too expensive. So in a backwards way they are strongly influencing but still not mandating.
Old 08-19-2022, 06:33 AM   #249
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Still CARB. But the narrative is the Federal Government is mandating EVs. They aren’t.

Now what the Feds have done is increase CAFE/emissions requirements to the point ICE simply becomes too expensive. So in a backwards way they are strongly influencing but still not mandating.
Orwell would love that statement!

A distinction without a difference, but if it makes you happy to think that the government isn't mandating EVs, they're simply outlawing ICE then hey, go for it. Enjoy your government subsidized, CARB mandated, sewing machine with a fake transmission and fake exhaust sounds.

Be sure to get a Dodge tattoo and join the 'brotherhood'.

ROTFLMAO at the stupidity of this CEO.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 07:10 AM   #250
Chrome383Z

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS
It may never see production. That’s entirely possible.
Old 08-19-2022, 07:21 AM   #251
Spaceme1117

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS, 2011 Corvette GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlarsen462 View Post

100%

Government authoritarian assholes using completely made up BS to manipulate and control people while exempting themselves from the same laws.

EV's will NEVER be practical and WILL be used against you. You movements can be tracked perfectly. Your car can be disabled anytime for any reason. Your mobility will be limited.

As a person who loves modifying my own cars, WTF will you be able to modify on an EV?

What a ****ing bad joke this is (all EV's for that matter).
Spaceme1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 08:02 AM   #252
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceme1117 View Post
100%

Government authoritarian assholes using completely made up BS to manipulate and control people while exempting themselves from the same laws.

EV's will NEVER be practical and WILL be used against you. You movements can be tracked perfectly. Your car can be disabled anytime for any reason. Your mobility will be limited.

As a person who loves modifying my own cars, WTF will you be able to modify on an EV?

What a ****ing bad joke this is (all EV's for that matter).
Nothing can track your movements better than a smartphone. Period. And gas engine cars can be disabled just as easily as EVs. That capability has been around for years.

OnStar Stolen Vehicle Assistance includes:

Stolen Vehicle Slowdown: After a member has filed a police report and once authorities have confirmed conditions are appropriate, an OnStar Advisor can send a signal to disable the stolen vehicle’s engine and gradually slow the vehicle to an idle speed to assist police in recovering the vehicle. This helps avoid dangerous situations by securing the vehicle more quickly, helping to keep our communities safer.
Remote Ignition Block: After a member has filed a police report, OnStar can send a remote signal that blocks the vehicle’s engine from being restarted once it’s turned off.
Theft Alarm Notification: If a member’s vehicle alarm sounds after the doors are locked (must be locked electronically), members can receive a notification by text, email and/or phone call.

Stolen Vehicle Assistance is part of the OnStar Safety & Security plan and OnStar is available on Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac vehicles. Interested? Click here to learn more about OnStar’s plans and services.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote