Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-29-2023, 12:26 PM   #29
Kamero6

Drives: 6th Gen LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
I totally agree. THAT is the challenge though, lol. I'm only saying I'm not competent enough that I would

I could see how your set-up might find more benefit than mine, because mine is just simpler, and already pretty well optimized from the factory. Yours - obviously - pretty different. Of course - I don't have to remind you of that

I haven't found much documentation, really. I've paid for a few courses for this stuff, and I've done as much reading as I could from HPTuners' forum. I've also had some help here and there, too, from generous people here (and Thank You, gentlemen ), but there isn't documentation like we could find on Gen III-tuning-type stuff in the past.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "downshift pad", but do know, from posts in the past that people had commented about inconsistencies with downshifting with the paddles. It's been confirmed those inconsistencies were a result of accelerator pedal operation, and how (if I recall) people experiencing the problems weren't lifting off the pedal at the right time. But - I can say that there are many things that influence the shift behavior, from pedal position to torque calculations. That's probably why there's no written guide - because it's complicated...

Thanks for the answer! As I thought the code is way more complex than the average driver will ever notice and care about, but that's why we're gearheads.
I also noticed that, with the shifter in manual, if you do a quick 0%-100%-0% with the throttle and then move the shifter to auto, you engage the Performance Shift Mode anyway. There must be a flag or variable with the timer that still gets triggered even when conditions are not met (eg, being in D in sport mode).

Do you have the T93 file? I migh download HP tuners to take a look at it, if it is allowed in the free version.
Kamero6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 02:43 PM   #30
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamero6 View Post
Thanks for the answer! As I thought the code is way more complex than the average driver will ever notice and care about, but that's why we're gearheads.
I also noticed that, with the shifter in manual, if you do a quick 0%-100%-0% with the throttle and then move the shifter to auto, you engage the Performance Shift Mode anyway. There must be a flag or variable with the timer that still gets triggered even when conditions are not met (eg, being in D in sport mode).

Do you have the T93 file? I migh download HP tuners to take a look at it, if it is allowed in the free version.
What you can do it make sure you're laptop's connected to the internet, and perform a READ from your car. Then you'll have YOUR tune file. You can make changes to it, but you won't be able to write to the TCM until you unlock and license it ($200 worth of credits on top of a $200 unlock fee). You can read from it, though, if you just wanted a peek at it

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 07:28 PM   #31
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
What you can do it make sure you're laptop's connected to the internet, and perform a READ from your car. Then you'll have YOUR tune file. You can make changes to it, but you won't be able to write to the TCM until you unlock and license it ($200 worth of credits on top of a $200 unlock fee). You can read from it, though, if you just wanted a peek at it
This does not work with the T87A, you cannot read the actual contents of your TCM, the device can only write a new tune. When you request a read of the TCM, the device "downloads" a stock file, that's where one needs to start from.

I would be very surprised if reads were supported with the T93 when even its less secure predecessor couldn't be made to, hm, comply.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 08:36 PM   #32
Kamero6

Drives: 6th Gen LT1
Quote:
I would do it but car is new still and I don't want to be playing with tunes, just in case the tune flag goes true...

I'll try to download a file from HPtuners forum. Any 10 speed file will have the info I want, which is more of how to operate the transmission than modify it.

I was playing with performance shift mode active today. I will create a post with the results when I gather more data.
Kamero6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 09:07 PM   #33
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamero6 View Post
I would do it but car is new still and I don't want to be playing with tunes, just in case the tune flag goes true...

I'll try to download a file from HPtuners forum. Any 10 speed file will have the info I want, which is more of how to operate the transmission than modify it.

I was playing with performance shift mode active today. I will create a post with the results when I gather more data.
Reading has no effect on tune, flash count, or warranty. It’s only if you actually change the tune that the warranty issue could come into play.
Old 08-30-2023, 07:14 AM   #34
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
This does not work with the T87A, you cannot read the actual contents of your TCM, the device can only write a new tune. When you request a read of the TCM, the device "downloads" a stock file, that's where one needs to start from.

I would be very surprised if reads were supported with the T93 when even its less secure predecessor couldn't be made to, hm, comply.
I think I didn't use the terminology correctly, or I've forgotten (I did the T87a swap almost 2-years ago). But - what you stated is what I meant. I only meant to guide him to get the stock tune file.

Thank you for clarifying better than I had

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote