Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-17-2022, 06:46 PM   #15
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Drives: 2022 M6 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by willzilla View Post

Installation & setup of #Banks iDash #gauges into a ZZPerformance dual gauge pillar pod into a Camaro #ZL1! The gauges I went with was a combination of the Banks DataMonster & their Super Gauge.

Video:

side question... what feed are you selecting to get actual wideband data?
ALL the RED Rear End BMR Goodies + JRE Terminator Cam Package + Remote Tuning and Moral Support from TED @ JRE
BMR Motor Mounts + DMS Front HX + FIC 30's + APEX SM.10's + 305/345 R888R's = 770rwhp 785rwtq @E50 13.5psi
SOCAL.M6.ZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 06:48 PM   #16
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

i can only find AFR command... not actual measured from my wideband
ALL the RED Rear End BMR Goodies + JRE Terminator Cam Package + Remote Tuning and Moral Support from TED @ JRE
BMR Motor Mounts + DMS Front HX + FIC 30's + APEX SM.10's + 305/345 R888R's = 770rwhp 785rwtq @E50 13.5psi
Old 10-17-2022, 07:45 PM   #17
JimGnitecki

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochoidal View Post
I’ve never noticed ZZP to sell a single pod pillar. You could always get a 2-1/16” plug to cover the hole you don’t use.

https://www.amazon.com/XVRTJ-Parts-B.../dp/B08ZK7VY81
Ah, thank-you! I did not know that there are "plug covers"!

However . . .

The price at Amazon in CANADA is $47 CDN, or $51 CDN for a 2-pack!! OR, I can order from Amazon US but then the shipping time is long, I pay currency conversion charges that are several percent worse than the real exchange rate, and Canada Customs not only adds duty and taxes, but can hold a package "hostage" for up to a month or so because of "inadequate staffing for current volume". Kind of ridiculous either way. I think I'll check at the local auto parts stores . . .

Ordering the ZZP pillar mount itself triggers the same issues, as it is not sold by any Canadian vendor. :(

Jim G

Last edited by JimGnitecki; 10-17-2022 at 08:00 PM.
JimGnitecki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 07:46 PM   #18
JimGnitecki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOCAL.M6.ZLE View Post
i can only find AFR command... not actual measured from my wideband
I believe maybe he has added a wideband sensor and the necessary Banks bus connector to receive its signal?

Jim G

Last edited by JimGnitecki; 10-17-2022 at 08:01 PM.
Old 10-17-2022, 08:16 PM   #19
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimGnitecki View Post
I believe maybe he has added a wideband sensor and the necessary Banks bus connector to receive its signal?

Jim G
Banks may have added support for WB, but i didn’t see it tonight.

Here’s a thread talking about this addition:

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...php?p=11166933

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 10:13 PM   #20
JimGnitecki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochoidal View Post
Banks may have added support for WB, but i didn’t see it tonight.

Here’s a thread talking about this addition:

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...php?p=11166933
Thanks for posting that link, Trochoidal!

Jim G
Old 11-18-2022, 01:50 PM   #21
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I can't seem to find the setting to read AFR from my AEM sensor? I can only find ARF command... anyone else running a Banks iDash with AEM WB ?
Old 11-18-2022, 02:51 PM   #22
20Bluezl1

Drives: 2020 Zl1 A10 Riverside Blue
Quote:
Sorry to hijack the thread, but I can't seem to find the setting to read AFR from my AEM sensor? I can only find ARF command... anyone else running a Banks iDash with AEM WB ?
What are you trying to do I run a banks and also a AEM for my wide band.
Attached Images

20Bluezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 03:05 PM   #23
JimGnitecki

Quote:
If you did not add the Banks bus harness required to connect to the AEM sensor, I THINK that would be why.

Without the added Banks bus harness, you get only AFRCMD, which is the "commanded" AFR, not the actual, since the OEM O2 sensor is not wideband.

As I understand it, You need the bus harness to pass the wideband AFR signal to the iDash or DataMonster. Without the bus harness, you need a separate display for the signal from the wideband sensor.

Jim G
Old 11-18-2022, 03:59 PM   #24
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Thanks guys... I currently have the AEM WB sensor installed, but not the guage. I have the OBD2 connector on, and the banks over top of it. I assumed that the Banks would read the AEM data through the pass through OBD2 connector but i guess not?
Old 11-18-2022, 06:23 PM   #25
JimGnitecki

Quote:
Thanks guys... I currently have the AEM WB sensor installed, but not the guage. I have the OBD2 connector on, and the banks over top of it. I assumed that the Banks would read the AEM data through the pass through OBD2 connector but i guess not?
Correct. The iDash or DataMonster gauges can only display (1) outputs directly from the OBD2 port, and (1) outputs from other sources via a Banks accessory bus harness that is connected to Banks and non-Banks sensors that the gauges are pre-programmed to understand.

Banks has tech info on these types of bus connections on their website.

Jim G

Tags
banks, gauges, idash, pillar pod