Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 03-29-2021, 07:34 PM   #15
StPeteHyper2.0

Drives: '16 Hyper Blue 2.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by adman98 View Post
I have a manual so I'm good on the flanges. I'll check out ebay. Thank you.

Did you do the install yourself?
Yes.. on jack stands. Fairly easy. Need an extra hand to help stabilize and align the diff as it's coming out and going in. Takes about 3 hours. I've swapped mine back and forth 3 times and helped a friend modify one for his ATS which took 3 tries. After getting the exhaust out of the way.. it's a few 18mm bolts for drive shaft and front of diff, 24mm for back bolt, then e12 torx bit for axle bolts. Pop the 2.0 flanges and put them in the SS diff. Reinstall.
StPeteHyper2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 07:40 PM   #16
adman98

Drives: 2021 Camaro 1SS M6
wook--I'm kinda confused as to the original posters question of "reducing" boost and how an IC can help that?
Old 04-08-2021, 11:52 AM   #17
Buff Orppington

Drives: 2020 Camaro, 2.0 Turbo, 6 manual
hi,
I am the original poster, and thank you much for all the comments. i was thinking about reducing the rpm at which the boost kicked in. Currently seems to be about 3k. Can it be made 2k? Or 1.5?
Buff Orppington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 09:26 PM   #18
Davescamaro

Drives: Chevy camaro
My personal experience with putting bolt ons and tuning it did change the vehicle. The way it responds, boost building up, and mid range power increase. Night and day difference.
You can hear the spool as early as 2k rpms, now it won't build actual boost til almost 3k, but it is a mitsubishit td04 turbo which it responds like a true turbocharged engine should. Same turbo as wrx and evoX. Good turbo.
Knockoff zl1 sideskirts, gm front chin spoiler, 1le blade spoiler, diode sides, 20" staggered Asanti black labels, azenis 510 245/40/20 fronts, goodrich comp sport 2s 275/35/20 rears, fifty brembos front, 13.6" slotted and drilled powerstop rotors
Davescamaro is offline   Reply With Quote