Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-21-2020, 08:44 AM   #15
drewspr00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Convertible A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by crab View Post
Who makes that rear diffuser?
For real, I need one! I've never seen one like that!
drewspr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 09:30 AM   #16
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Like others said, $10-15k in damage, likely not enough for a write-off.

I had a deer hit a nearly identical spot on an older car. Rear quarter panel damage is very expensive because they need to do so much cutting to get all the metal pried away from the A pillar and backward. It was $10k, but unlike you, I didn't have damage to the door, rear bumper, and possibly the wheel as you do.

I'm not sure if the rear diffuser is damaged or just dirty, but you might want to ask about it too. I know when it comes to most insurers, you have to report each individual aftermarket part and its estimated value, but I don't know how it works when somebody else's insurance is covering the bill.
Old 02-21-2020, 09:50 AM   #17
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Like everyone else said, going to be an expensive fix but IMO not enough to total it.

Glad everyone is ok
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 10:27 AM   #18
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Agree with everyone above saying probably not totaled.
Your left rear tire looks shot (meaning no tread). See if you can get a new tire, then you might as well replace the other 3 while in the shop. Obviously the accident knocked the bead off the wheel.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 10:31 AM   #19
SixgenSix

Drives: 2020 SHOCK SS 1LE
Ouch, man I'm sorry. Doesn't look like a total. I try my best to stay way from semi trucks as much as possible. I would also recommend look into getting diminished value.

Stupid question, to repair the rear quarter panel, would a body shop cut the damaged part away and weld in new section?
SixgenSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 10:33 AM   #20
Rayvan
Rayvan

Drives: 2018 1SS1LE, Silver Ice Metallic
If you still have the car, fix the tire and see how she drives. If there's anything beyond cosmetic damage, you'll know the minute you go out and "drive" your car. The adjuster won't do this. No one knows your car like the primary driver.

We got a car (Toy Celica) back from body work a while ago, and it never drove right afterwards, even though it looked great...
Rayvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 10:40 AM   #21
drewspr00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Convertible A8
Found the diffuser for those interested.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=548269
drewspr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 11:02 AM   #22
20Madman

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
Defiantly not a total loss.
20Madman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 11:07 AM   #23
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixgenSix View Post
Stupid question, to repair the rear quarter panel, would a body shop cut the damaged part away and weld in new section?
I doubt it. If new parts are available they prefer to go that route. They can bill for it and not have to worry about getting it flat.
Not sure if they have door skins available or this needs a new door. Hopefully the jamb wasn't mangled causing alignment issues.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 11:12 AM   #24
20Madman

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
Be sure the quarter is replaced utilizing factory approved replacement procedures and defiantly needs a door shell. Most insurance companies may want to utilize a LKQ (used) door.
20Madman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 11:59 AM   #25
Ryan87mets

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE M6
Hey thanks for all the info and replies! Quick update, so cars at the shop but they can't even look at it yet the truck company put in a claim and are willing to pay for all the fees for everything but they still waiting on their claim to be processed. We should get a response today. I put in a claim on my insurance and just did a report since I'm not paying anything. Once the claim is processed they can get an estimate on the damage and all. I've been reading all the responses and some of u have mentioned ask for a diminished value so I'll look into that cause idk what that is. This is my first accident so I'm trying to not miss anything here so it gets fixed the right way...

Also about the diffuser I've only seen 1 other Camaro on insta with it and that's it. The company that makes it is ventus veloce. Its pretty expensive and it ended up taking like 7 months for me to get it which was fustruting. And for the install u have to drill all your own holes for everything which was a pain to. But in the end it does look amazing i think. It's also not a perfect fitment as for the right side has a gap where it meets the bumper and also my right exhaust tip touches the diffuser very slightly.

I'll keep the posted updated more as I find out what's going on, thanks again for all the help you guys are giving me. I'm listening to all the advice so thanks for that. Also been kinda bummed out now that my car was hit so hopefully it will workout
Ryan87mets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 12:11 PM   #26
VegasZ

Drives: 2020 ZL1
Diminished value claim is basically asking to be reimbursed for the value hit the accident will have on your car’s trade in value. High performance cars especially take a decent hit when they have an accident on them. Who wants to buy a car that can go almost 200mph that you know has been in an accident and usually have no idea how bad the accident was. Since most buyers would rather move on to a car with a clean history they usually have to discount them enough to make them attractive to someone willing to deal with the history for the right price.

Glad everyone is ok!

Last edited by VegasZ; 02-21-2020 at 01:26 PM.
VegasZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 01:04 PM   #27
Pupilbone

Drives: 2019 Crush ZL1 M6
Wow, no other way to cut it other than that just really sucks. Glad you guys were ok, and sorry you’re going thru it. You’re in good hands with all the other comments, hope the repairs work out in a way you’re happy with...
Old 02-21-2020, 03:10 PM   #28
rayhawk

Drives: Camaro SS
Definitely figure out an amount that you want for diminished value, don't go in blind when you talk to the insurance company. You will have a hard time selling the car or getting a fair trade in value. This is the carfax effect. Ironically, if you get your car fixed at a small shop instead of the dealer, that won't necessarily show up on the carfax.