Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 07-06-2014, 07:23 PM   #1
ss/rs/378

Drives: 2012 ZL1 Camaro Victory Red
Isolator Reimbursement Request Form

Over the weekend I received my form from GM on the problem with the isolator it stated that if you are getting the rattle you can take your Camaro in to have it replaced and that everything would be covered but it also states if you have had it replaced you can request reimbursement from GM so I am filling this form out my question is I went to my local Chevrolet dealership and asked them about this issue when I first found out about it they said they didn't have anything about it on file this was probably 6 months ago but I didn't want to take any chance of damage so I had a local shop replace it with a solid isolator when they took it apart there was noticeable damage already to the shaft and I do think I can show pictures of this damage but I never did here the rattle that they claim will happen so what I want to know if anybody else has had someone besides a GM dealer replace there's and if you did in fact get reimburst from GM or would it be a waste of my time even though I originally inquired about the problem I don't know if this has been covered if it has I appolgize for the repost!!
2.55 UPPER PULLEY,100MM IDLER PULLEY,160 STAT,PORTED TB,PORTED SNOUT,MSD PLUG WIRES,NKG PLUGS,KENNE BELL EXTERNAL FUEL PUMP,2"KOOKS HEADERS,HIGH FLOW CATS,3"CORSA 60LB DEKA INJECTORS TUNED BY FROST 580RWHP,571RWTQ.
ss/rs/378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 07:44 PM   #2
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
I just received the same notice in the mail. I'm going to call my dealer tomorrow. Per the instructions; you can seek reimbursement through the dealer or through GM directly by mailing the required form and supporting documentation.
DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 08:00 PM   #3
ss/rs/378

Yes I know that but did you have it replaced yet and if so was it a GM shop or a independent shop?
2.55 UPPER PULLEY,100MM IDLER PULLEY,160 STAT,PORTED TB,PORTED SNOUT,MSD PLUG WIRES,NKG PLUGS,KENNE BELL EXTERNAL FUEL PUMP,2"KOOKS HEADERS,HIGH FLOW CATS,3"CORSA 60LB DEKA INJECTORS TUNED BY FROST 580RWHP,571RWTQ.
Old 07-09-2014, 08:27 PM   #4
Cooks ZL1

Drives: 13 Camaro ZL1
Could you post a copy of this letter? I have yet to receive anything. ..
Cooks ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 04:06 AM   #5
djnice

Drives: 13 ZL1 SIM, 99 Z28 Black
I haven't done anything to mine yet, but you might consider that this is an SC bearing issue not necessarily an issue with the isolator. They replace the entire SC. You will note in your letter it says if you have a problem it will eventually lead to bearing squeal. It doesn't say anything about isolator in the letter. I suspect the reimbursement form is if you already had the SC replaced. I suppose they could even deny warranty repair if you changed the isolator. Not sure, but something to look into.
Old 07-10-2014, 06:17 AM   #6
ss/rs/378

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnice View Post
I haven't done anything to mine yet, but you might consider that this is an SC bearing issue not necessarily an issue with the isolator. They replace the entire SC. You will note in your letter it says if you have a problem it will eventually lead to bearing squeal. It doesn't say anything about isolator in the letter. I suspect the reimbursement form is if you already had the SC replaced. I suppose they could even deny warranty repair if you changed the isolator. Not sure, but something to look into.
It did note in the letter that the coupler bearing develops a rattle at low RPM and if not changed could led to sc oil contamination whice could sieze the motor or cause a no start situation I did talk to a local GM rep and told him I had it replaced already by another shop and he said as long as I had my bill with the amount date and vin number I would get the rembursement I am keeping my fingers crossed!!!!