Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-01-2021, 03:58 PM   #15
adman98

Drives: 2021 Camaro 1SS M6
Does anyone know exactly where the air comes in to the airbox? I know the Velossa is made to direct air, so what has to be removed to fit the Velossa in place? And can you just remove whatever piece is there and put a square-like piece to direct the air to the box? Like the inlet tube on the challengers from the middle of the headlight that goes directly to the airbox. And can this be done without having to remove the front bumper? thx
Old 04-01-2021, 06:14 PM   #16
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
There is an existing small opening on the side of the driver side headlight. Some people were able to install it without talking the front bumper off. It's a total nightmare though.
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 06:35 PM   #17
StPeteHyper2.0

Drives: '16 Hyper Blue 2.0
Yeah.. it's behind the headlight.. no real direct access for air flow, the inner air diverters direct air thru the condenser and radiator. The snorkle will divert air flow to behind the headlight where the intake will receive it as you have to delete the upper air diverter.
Attached Images

StPeteHyper2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 10:36 PM   #18
adman98

Drives: 2021 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Start The Machine View Post
There is an existing small opening on the side of the driver side headlight. Some people were able to install it without talking the front bumper off. It's a total nightmare though.
Nightmare is right... Over an hour and 15 different tools later I was able to get direct airflow to my filter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StPeteHyper2.0 View Post
Yeah.. it's behind the headlight.. no real direct access for air flow, the inner air diverters direct air thru the condenser and radiator. The snorkle will divert air flow to behind the headlight where the intake will receive it as you have to delete the upper air diverter.
I partially moved the upper metal piece by the hood release latch and the plastic piece over the intercooler. I was able to get the two push fasteners out and pushed the L shaped upper diverter away so air could flow towards my CAI. I took it for a test drive and I could really feel it breath a lot easier. I don't understand why Chevy would make air flow so hard to get to the airbox/CAI. It's not like the radiators need ALL the air and can't spare any towards the airbox. Sheesh. Direct airflow is necessary. Ever since I was 16 I've been fabricating tubes and scoops to get the outside air to the air filter and every single time it helps the engine breath better and perform better. Even my '94 cavalier liked the extra air. hehe. Anyway, rant over. Thanks guys for the help.