Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Z/28 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 01-28-2019, 03:13 PM   #183
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Al can say that kind of stuff all day. Until we see a ring time from the ZR1 I wouldn't get your hopes up about the Camaro being king of the ring at GM.

I get you want to see Camaro move forward, but I don't think the Camaro is the right test bed for that kind of tech you want to see.
Corvette and Cadillac will be the test beds . If someone back in 2002 would have told me one day the Camaro will come with a supercharger and 650HP from the factory i would have laughed . Now i believe anything is possible .
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 03:31 PM   #184
Gen6_1Le

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17CamaroZL1 View Post
Let them. AWD is not needed to be fast on the track. It simply takes drag radials and the right suspension setup. When you can launch a rear wheel drive car with the front tires in the air, why add the extra weight and power robbing rotating mass of the drivetrain for the fronts? That's why you don't see these 10,000 plus hp drag cars running AWD. Plus AWD takes away a huge part of the fun of a sports car.....smoking tires and drifting when you're just out for a fun little joy ride.
Check out some of the cars in the top ten of the two second club (0-60 under 3 seconds) and see how many are AWD. A car like the Bugatti Chiron would be uncontrollable without AWD . AWD allows you to distribute power much better around a track which adds to the fun ,now driving an automatic takes away a huge part of the fun of a sports cars , i don't care how fast they shift.
Old 01-28-2019, 03:32 PM   #185
Gen6_1Le

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-99SS View Post
Alright, so we completely disagree.
Yeah no worries it's not the first time that has happened here.
Old 01-28-2019, 04:20 PM   #186
V8 Firebird

Drives: ⚡Electric TM3 ⚡
All right, seems Camaro will probably get AWD version. Maybe, its AWD would go hybrid AWD like future Mustang.
Old 01-28-2019, 08:11 PM   #187
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by 396ssrat View Post
If Chevy stuck to it's heritage you would not be driving what you are driving.
It's 2019, build a bridge because they'll what anything they "want" to build and we are in the Camaro survival mode at this point so for all I care it could be a twin turbo 5.5 incher.
I'm not against evolution. I'm against dragging heritage through the mud because people want the cool badges without wanting the real badges.