Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 05-05-2021, 09:41 AM   #15
greg0ry

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS 1LE
Man, carmax offered me 38.6 for my 19 1le with 18k miles. Im honestly going to try to sell right now but going to look for a private party and aim for around 41-43k. KBB says I can get up to 48k in todays market. So odd. Pains me but I have more important things to focus on regarding finances! Buy mine! haha.
greg0ry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 10:42 AM   #16
avalonandl

Drives: 2019 ZL-1
Used cars are up 10-25 % seriously....

The warranty date is important.

KBB tried to tell me my 2017 2SS was worth 35-38k....

Carmax offered 32k and they said that was MAX..... So lots of people saying their cars are worth X + 5k

2012 Yukon XL Denali w/ 6.2 AWD
avalonandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 11:25 AM   #17
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by avalonandl View Post

Carmax offered 32k and they said that was MAX..... So lots of people saying their cars are worth X + 5k

I bought my 2016 2ss last sept. I know it was a roll of the dice with no warranty but the price was good and only 16k miles. I know if something like the engine went it would be catastrophic the repair cost. About 10k.

Always rolling the dice buying a car out of warranty. Did you see the Flying Wheels youtube video? he sold a guy a Corvette, and a couple weeks later the guys engine blew. Granted he buys auction cars with a bit more miles on them.

The KBB book value of my 2016 2SS last sept was around $35,500. I got it for around $31,200
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 01:58 AM   #18
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by avalonandl View Post

If you're shopping for a used car it's almost important to print out the listings you see of cars you're eyeing. Down here in FL I notice dealers will change the prices a lot.

For one example when I was shopping, before I bought my SS there was this one Ford dealer who had a 2016 Mustang GT base model. One day they had the listing at a pretty decent price. Then the next week they upped the price by 4 grand! Then a few days later it went down 3 grand.

Knowing how long the car has been listed and the rock bottom it was listed gives you more leverage knowing that dealer will be willing to budge and wants to get rid of that car.

used car lot up the street did that with a 2019 Camaro 2 SS rag top. Went down to like 32k, KILLER deal. Then up to 37k then to 35k.

You know some moron will be willing to pay that jacked up pricing.

Remember that episode of King of the Hill when Hank bought a new truck and bragged how he paid sticker price and not a penny over on each truck he bought at the same dealer for years? Peggy never knew that and was shocked because he was getting ripped off.

Those are the idiots who buy those no haggle, overpriced cars from Carmax

Here in SWFL the last time I looked not many used 2SS within 60 miles of me, but they don't seem to be moving very much the ones I see listed. The gen 6 SS doesn't seem very popular in my area. Even last sept when there wasn't many SS at all around the dealer i bought my used one (Port Charlotte Honda) from slashed about 4,600 off the original listing price over the course of 4 weeks.
Old 05-06-2021, 06:55 AM   #19
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
If you are considering the Camaro offer them $35,000 and go from there since it is a 2019 that was never sold/titled. That would be a fair offer for a 3 year old 1SS in my opinion!
Old 05-07-2021, 03:55 PM   #20
Jintsfan

Drives: 2021 1SS 1LE
I saw that car back in March and after 3 emails and several calls I was told the car was sold. At that I pivoted to another dealer. Not sure why the ad is still posted unless they are trying to lure you into the dealership.

Lee
Jintsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 08:21 PM   #21
sicpuppy

Drives: White 2016 Camaro 2ss/blue stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintsfan View Post
I saw that car back in March and after 3 emails and several calls I was told the car was sold. At that I pivoted to another dealer. Not sure why the ad is still posted unless they are trying to lure you into the dealership.

Lee
I stopped by today to look at the car. I couldn't find it. I think it is just sales BS to get people in.

The Internet sales person keeps wanting me to come in and talk and all I wanted was a price.

I had rather suck eggs than talk to sales people!
sicpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 08:52 PM   #22
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Bait and switch is not legal, that's some BS if the car isn't available but it's a very common tactic anyways.

If you don't have to buy a car right now, don't... or buy a low priced $hitbox to get you by. I bet used car prices will fall quickly once production is in full swing again.
Old 05-09-2021, 09:15 PM   #23
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC113 View Post
Bait and switch is not legal, that's some BS if the car isn't available but it's a very common tactic anyways.

If you don't have to buy a car right now, don't... or buy a low priced $hitbox to get you by. I bet used car prices will fall quickly once production is in full swing again.

They do that sh** a lot. Like I see a car dealer with FB ads today. The Dodge dealer. Advertises new 2020 Challenger SRT Scatpack on sale "click for more"

You click on it and it shows you their listing for the 2021 Challenger SXT. They all did that.

Some Camaros cranked out last week. Later this summer when the 2022 cars hit the lots I expect them to drop fast.

Anyway, I said this before. If you need a car like your Camaro got stolen or totaled and you want something fast I'd personally would get a C6 Corvette. Like a 2008 one. Here in FL you can find them with really low miles like under 40k miles.

Buy it and cam it or throw in a super charger and BAM you got a fast car and a corvette.

Another option is I'd get like a 2015 Mustang GT and slap on super charger or even like a 2012 and SC it.
Old 05-09-2021, 09:54 PM   #24
DaveC113

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
They do that sh** a lot. Like I see a car dealer with FB ads today. The Dodge dealer. Advertises new 2020 Challenger SRT Scatpack on sale "click for more"

You click on it and it shows you their listing for the 2021 Challenger SXT. They all did that.

Some Camaros cranked out last week. Later this summer when the 2022 cars hit the lots I expect them to drop fast.

Anyway, I said this before. If you need a car like your Camaro got stolen or totaled and you want something fast I'd personally would get a C6 Corvette. Like a 2008 one. Here in FL you can find them with really low miles like under 40k miles.

Buy it and cam it or throw in a super charger and BAM you got a fast car and a corvette.

Another option is I'd get like a 2015 Mustang GT and slap on super charger or even like a 2012 and SC it.
I know a couple guys with cammed C6 Z06s, nearly 550 whp and 3100 lbs... That's almost exactly ZL1 power and 750 lbs less weight. The Zs are still a little pricey, but such a nice car. I may have to get one some day...
Old 05-09-2021, 10:36 PM   #25
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
I know a couple guys with cammed C6 Z06s, nearly 550 whp and 3100 lbs... That's almost exactly ZL1 power and 750 lbs less weight. The Zs are still a little pricey, but such a nice car. I may have to get one some day...

I personally like the C6 and C7 designs better. The later model C7s are getting pricey due to the shortage.

Even the base C6 can easily be made to be VERY quick. The weight advantage is a huge advantage.

I dunno if I'd spend the extra $$ for an older z06 though. SC are C6 and it's faster than a stock Camaro.

Only concern is engine failure but that's on any car. Flying Wheels sold a C7 Corvette, I think a 2014 to someone and a couple days later the engine blew on the guy and it was N/A. Luckily for the guy they agreed to split the cost on a new engine. Most dealers on a used car would say pound sand. I think this one had over 60k miles on it. He buys them from auctions so they usually have more wear and miles on them.
Old 05-10-2021, 08:34 AM   #26
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:
I was going to buy a C6Z with 7k miles before I bought a 6th gen. If you are looking at both cars from the outside in, it's easy to favor the C6Z. If you actually drive both back to back, it's not even close imo. The 6th gen is a much nicer driving car with far more leg room. Aside from that a Cam C6Z making 550whp doesn't have the same power under the curve as a stock ZL1. The LS7 feels lazy below 3k rpm. Even the LT1 feels torquier. They do pull hard up top tho. It all comes down to preference. Both bad ass cars either way!

That being said 40k for a brand new untitled 6th gen 1SS isn't horrible in today's market. I see used SS sitting on lot's with 20-30k miles priced at 38-40k right now. Now isn't the time to buy if you are going to look back and compare what you could buy 6th gens for just a year or 2 ago.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 08:55 AM   #27
DaveC113

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
I was going to buy a C6Z with 7k miles before I bought a 6th gen. If you are looking at both cars from the outside in, it's easy to favor the C6Z. If you actually drive both back to back, it's not even close imo. The 6th gen is a much nicer driving car with far more leg room. Aside from that a Cam C6Z making 550whp doesn't have the same power under the curve as a stock ZL1. The LS7 feels lazy below 3k rpm. Even the LT1 feels torquier. They do pull hard up top tho. It all comes down to preference. Both bad ass cars either way!

That being said 40k for a brand new untitled 6th gen 1SS isn't horrible in today's market. I see used SS sitting on lot's with 20-30k miles priced at 38-40k right now. Now isn't the time to buy if you are going to look back and compare what you could buy 6th gens for just a year or 2 ago.
Thanks for the input. I have driven one before, but it was about 10 years ago, and I thought it was a blast to drive. It'd be interesting to drive one now after owning my Camaro for a couple years, see if it's still as I remember it.

Prices are ridiculous right now, I was just looking and used Vettes must have appreciated a good bit as well!