Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Southwest

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-21-2020, 12:04 PM   #1
NeXvZEiN

Drives: 2022 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
AZ Members

Anyone active on here?
NeXvZEiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 02:25 AM   #2
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
The cooties have scared everyone away....
Old 07-26-2020, 07:30 AM   #3
Rodan

Drives: 2018 ZL1 coupe
Too hot to track in the summer...
Rodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 01:19 PM   #4
turbo2ltr

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
I was wondering the same thing. Tried to join the FB group, but got denied so this is the only place I go for info at the moment, but there wasn't anything going on..
Old 08-03-2020, 03:45 PM   #5
NeXvZEiN

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo2ltr View Post
I was wondering the same thing. Tried to join the FB group, but got denied so this is the only place I go for info at the moment, but there wasn't anything going on..
Denied on FB? That's weird, there's a few people on there that don't even own a Camaro.
Old 08-03-2020, 03:51 PM   #6
turbo2ltr

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
I was initially approved and then immediately denied. I asked about it and they said it was because I have an empty FB profile. I manage a several business pages (have to have an account for that) and use the marketplace, but don't use it personally, for privacy reasons. I understand they want to keep the riffraff out, but apparently the fact that I was asking about it didn't seem like enough prove that I'm a real person and never offered to let me in. I'd rather be somewhere I'm welcome anyway.. This forum has been awesome.
Old 08-05-2020, 09:52 AM   #7
Alponcho

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Hi all. Any dealership service department recommendations in Scottsdale or reasonable drive? I'd like to have my car serviced, which I could do myself, but looking to establish a relationship for when things do arise. It's my first non-classic GM ever so looking for input. Van is super close. Midway, Courtesy or Chapman could work too. Wouldn't mind further if I had to.
Alponcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 10:21 AM   #8
ajp
50th Anniversary Vert

Drives: Camaro 2017 50th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alponcho View Post
Hi all. Any dealership service department recommendations in Scottsdale or reasonable drive? I'd like to have my car serviced, which I could do myself, but looking to establish a relationship for when things do arise. It's my first non-classic GM ever so looking for input. Van is super close. Midway, Courtesy or Chapman could work too. Wouldn't mind further if I had to.
I've had good experiences with John Morris at Van Chevrolet.

No BS, communicates well.
Old 08-05-2020, 10:55 AM   #9
Rodan

Drives: 2018 ZL1 coupe
Wherever you go, talk to the service manager and see if they have a tech that knows the high performance models... Camaro, 'Vette, etc. Make sure to specify that your car is worked on by that tech.

Most service writers are clueless, and if you get some random tech, it can make life pretty frustrating.
Rodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 12:52 PM   #10
NeXvZEiN

I've had pretty good experiences with Van Chevrolet too. Bought both of my Camaros there as well.
Old 08-11-2020, 01:22 PM   #11
Alponcho

I’ll try Van. Though I noticed that Van is a Berkshire Hathaway dealership, which means they likely try to sneak in Zak products along with what you ask for. Zak is also owned by Berkshire Hathaway...Not unusual to find oil booster, oil conditioner, fuel system cleaner, and so forth on your bill. Those dealerships are relentless with their Zak products. Buying a car, same deal...they’ll do whatever it takes to make sure Zaktec paint sealant is listed on the contract.
Old 08-12-2020, 05:14 PM   #12
AZIROC

Drives: '86 IROC-Z '18 ZL1
I'm just lurking for now. Im looking to buy a '17-'18 zl1 here in the next few months. I wish I could get 1 already but my wife and I are in the middle of buying a house so I can't get 1 yet. I'm thinking by the 1st of October I should be able to be actively looking.
AZIROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 05:32 PM   #13
Alponcho

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZIROC View Post
I'm just lurking for now. Im looking to buy a '17-'18 zl1 here in the next few months. I wish I could get 1 already but my wife and I are in the middle of buying a house so I can't get 1 yet. I'm thinking by the 1st of October I should be able to be actively looking.
I had the same basic plan in place while we were building a home back in 2017. We moved in later in the year, and to my dismay, the property continued to drain the bank accounts for another 18 months or so. It just took a lot more than I expected to get settled in. Finally got my ZL1 last January...definitely worth waiting for!
Old 08-12-2020, 05:51 PM   #14
AZIROC

Drives: '86 IROC-Z '18 ZL1
My "problem" is i have to still put my house up for sale. I SHOULD get about 220-230k in equity. 200k is going towards the down-payment on the house and the 30k is what I have to put towards a zl1. The house r having built is done sept 1st and my house should be moved out / up for sale ko later than sept 10th. Im sure it will sell pdq in this market. Add 30 days from the day of sale and by mid oct I should have it sold. Of course all this is best case scenario. But for 30k/a zl1...i can wait the few more months.
AZIROC is offline   Reply With Quote