Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-06-2019, 03:32 PM   #127
juansheba05

Drives: 2017 V6 1LE
What have you done as far as brake pads and sway bars? After running 2 events with the Re71r, I felt like there is not enough brake power to get to the limit of those tires.
Also, I have read about swapping the rear sway bar with the ZL1 sway bar to leave it in the softest setting to help corner exit oversteer. Thoughts?
juansheba05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 04:09 PM   #128
EWard

Drives: 2019 Camaro RBM M6 LTG 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by juansheba05 View Post
What have you done as far as brake pads and sway bars? After running 2 events with the Re71r, I felt like there is not enough brake power to get to the limit of those tires.
Also, I have read about swapping the rear sway bar with the ZL1 sway bar to leave it in the softest setting to help corner exit oversteer. Thoughts?
I have the puny 2 piston front brakes on my car and feel the pain. No one makes a mass produced performance brake pad for those. After calling around G-Loc Brakes will make a set of R6's for me $199 front $172 rear. Just haven't gotten over the hump to spend that much on pads.

I have read the same about the ZL1 1le bar and its on my list.

The biggest mod for me is the driver right now. Would be very interested in your observations if you go with any upgrades in the future.
EWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 09:05 PM   #129
EWard

Drives: 2019 Camaro RBM M6 LTG 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by juansheba05 View Post
I purchased the zl1 1le rear bar set it on the softest setting (3rd hole away from the bar). At last weekends autocross on 100 plus run re71s the front end griped great (to the extent that I over drove the rear tires and unduced breakaway slides in fast sections) The cars balance was off, had to wait on getting back to the gas. By hand the front tires were twice as hot as the rears. Kind of usual on a heavy footed driver like myself lol
EWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 07:58 AM   #130
juansheba05

Drives: 2017 V6 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by EWard View Post
I purchased the zl1 1le rear bar set it on the softest setting (3rd hole away from the bar). At last weekends autocross on 100 plus run re71s the front end griped great (to the extent that I over drove the rear tires and unduced breakaway slides in fast sections) The cars balance was off, had to wait on getting back to the gas. By hand the front tires were twice as hot as the rears. Kind of usual on a heavy footed driver like myself lol
Thanks for sharing! I definitely need to try this setup because I like good front grip to induce yaw under braking. Did you try the other settings? Maybe the stiffest one can help more on tight courses.
juansheba05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 11:39 AM   #131
Midblues

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2019 Turbo 4 LT 6sp
subsribe
Midblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 09:07 PM   #132
conemark

Drives: Boost Coupe Stewie formerly '01 Z28
Do we think this had died off due to the Civic?
conemark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 09:49 AM   #133
apexit53

Drives: 22 1SS 1LE Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by conemark View Post
Do we think this had died off due to the Civic?

sorry
#53 F Street
2022 Sponsor autocrossdigits.com
Autocrossing Videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm-...3tiMt0KOg_2Aag
Instagram: apexit_53
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE
2019 D Street national champion (2019 civic Type R)
apexit53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 12:07 PM   #134
conemark

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexit53 View Post
sorry
I guess this means I'll need to convince the household CFO that we really want a Camaro to run either FS or BS.
Old 07-05-2020, 04:31 PM   #135
apexit53

Quote:
I guess this means I'll need to convince the household CFO that we really want a Camaro to run either FS or BS.
I haven't driven a Camaro turbo in anger so I cant say for sure.

If I were to go get a DS car today it would probably be a type r, or the mustang turbo with the performance pack. 9.5 inch wide wheels all around! more power but more weight.
#53 F Street
Autocrossing Videos
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE
Old 07-05-2020, 04:37 PM   #136
apexit53

Quote:
If you can convince her to get a BS 1le. there is a chance in a few years that the v8 1le might go to FS.. and id hate for you to buy a regular ss and then they move the track ponies to your class forcing you to get a 1le.
#53 F Street
Autocrossing Videos
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE
Old 07-06-2020, 07:43 AM   #137
conemark

I know the proposal chatter for a few years now has been favoring putting the Track Ponies to FS to help revive that class. I even mentioned to a few SAC members to start thinking of some of the BS "also-rans" like the Cadillac ATS-V for a move to FS. However it seems stuck at the "Thank you for your input" stage.

Coming back to DS, looking at the EcoBoosted Performance Pack hurts the wallet and for where we are, a Type-R would be stolen before we even parked it.
Old 07-06-2020, 09:50 AM   #138
apexit53

Quote:
I know the proposal chatter for a few years now has been favoring putting the Track Ponies to FS to help revive that class. I even mentioned to a few SAC members to start thinking of some of the BS "also-rans" like the Cadillac ATS-V for a move to FS. However it seems stuck at the "Thank you for your input" stage.

Coming back to DS, looking at the EcoBoosted Performance Pack hurts the wallet and for where we are, a Type-R would be stolen before we even parked it.

Type r does have amazing resale, turbo 1LE you can find for awesome prices! I also don't think you need the 1LE to be fast but if i were looking id get a 1LE.

Id buy a 1LE, lowest trim level i could, get 19" wheels run 265/front and 275 rear tires, front sway bar and a lighter exhaust. Done
#53 F Street
Autocrossing Videos
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE
Old 07-06-2020, 10:09 AM   #139
foshjowler

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T, 91 Miata
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexit53 View Post
Type r does have amazing resale, turbo 1LE you can find for awesome prices! I also don't think you need the 1LE to be fast but if i were looking id get a 1LE.

Id buy a 1LE, lowest trim level i could, get 19" wheels run 265/front and 275 rear tires, front sway bar and a lighter exhaust. Done
Used Turbo 1LEs aren't the easiest to find, at least they weren't when I was looking 6 months ago. The first year of production was 2019. It was really what I wanted, but I wasn't willing to take the depreciation hit of a new one, and I'm too impatient to wait for a good deal on a used one.

I'm not sure if the 1LE shocks are street class legal for the non-1LE, but if they are, then it would be worth looking into. They are the same dimensionally, just different bump and rebound settings, and you're supposedly able to mix and match springs across the models as well.

Youtube Channel

foshjowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 12:38 PM   #140
apexit53

Quote:
Originally Posted by foshjowler View Post
Used Turbo 1LEs aren't the easiest to find, at least they weren't when I was looking 6 months ago. The first year of production was 2019. It was really what I wanted, but I wasn't willing to take the depreciation hit of a new one, and I'm too impatient to wait for a good deal on a used one.

I'm not sure if the 1LE shocks are street class legal for the non-1LE, but if they are, then it would be worth looking into. They are the same dimensionally, just different bump and rebound settings, and you're supposedly able to mix and match springs across the models as well.

you could do that with the shocks!

I totally get not wanting to buy new, just have to find one that has been on a lot for too long and the dealer just wants to ship it!
#53 F Street
Autocrossing Videos
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE