Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-24-2013, 01:47 PM   #15
boatguyzl1

Drives: 13 Camaro ZL1, 14 Z51 C7
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72MachOne99GT View Post
Your house... looks small...

It's all garage!
Kinda like when take my pants off my legs look to short.

Last edited by boatguyzl1; 10-24-2013 at 04:30 PM.
boatguyzl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 01:57 PM   #16
red67

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
to be honest, I didn't like them that much until I went a sat in one today. Theyre sick, but I think the zo6 or whatever is the one to wait on. Atleast that's what im doing.
red67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 02:35 PM   #17
Mutant Racer

Drives: 2015 2LT Torch Red C7 Stingray
I'd wait a year at least and see how all that new tech works out. Usually with a new generation vehicle the first year has its faults. Being stuck with a C7 that had a few unfortunate surprises for me is not what I would want my Corvette experience to be.

For my money I'd sit still for a year or 2 and see if Chevy needs to clean anything up, all the new owners are on their honeymoon so we'll see what they have to say when that new car smell dissipates and they're putting up with a glitch or 2.
Mutant Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 03:28 PM   #18
noah677
Account Suspended

Drives: White Zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkPhx View Post
I love the C7. One guy ran 11.6 bone stock. That's awesome.
That maybe awesome but I DON'T BELIEVE IT. It does not even make sense. However there is always a fluke and we have all seen this happen no matter what the make of car. For what it is worth, months ago I warned that this kind of crap would be reported----ALL THIS JUST IMHO.

As far as trading for c7, I like it's looks but that is all. No way am I going to trade an all around better car--especially with the zl1 engine and drive train which is so mod friendly- for a BM c7 which is a big BM mistake with the faint odor of a turd about it. Only exception is the zr1 which I love and still get a huge grin every time I drive it. I know, apples and oranges, but it does show BM did not have to pawn this car off on the public in its current form. It makes me so angry ---want a vette? Sure here is our sub standard c7" TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT"

I also know yada yada yada and yes this is way I really feel. Sum it up: here is the latest greatest Ferrari beauty with a 4 cylinder engine but what a car!
noah677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 04:39 PM   #19
hognutz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
If you don't need a back seat I think the C7 is the way to go.

more grip, better strait line speed, little bit more exotic look.

me on the other hand with a 4 year old and 4 month old a C7 would just be a garage orniment that never gets driven so I will wait.
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
2011 Duramax 8" lift, deleted tuned
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 04:50 PM   #20
hognutz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by noah677 View Post
That maybe awesome but I DON'T BELIEVE IT. It does not even make sense. However there is always a fluke and we have all seen this happen no matter what the make of car. For what it is worth, months ago I warned that this kind of crap would be reported----ALL THIS JUST IMHO.
honeslty if you know the corvette very well you know guys have cut times like that with the LS3 and the LT1 has more torque so why why would that be so hard to believe.

they guy who cut it runs his 13 gt500 very well as well. people who drag race a ton will always smash the times the magazine guys roll out. the c7 is lighter and easier to launch.
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
2011 Duramax 8" lift, deleted tuned
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:07 PM   #21
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
...I love the C7...it's looks great IMHO. But, at the end of the day...I am a dyed in the wool Camaro guy and couldn't do it....I know where my heart lies.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:21 PM   #22
NerdWerx

Drives: '13 ZL1
One is a Sports Car, the other is a Muscle Car. Which "genre" of cars do you want to own? They're very different in quite possibly every way. Yes, they are both fast, both handle great, and both do similar things similarly, but they are very different beasts for very different people. Personally, I chose the muscle car route. I love the roar of the ZL1 and the mean "in-your-face" stance it has sitting in my garage. People driving by my house stop and take notice because it looks so angry. Would a C7 do that? Possibly, but being a "base" Corvette the "newness" of the C7 may wear off after a while. Will the meanness of the ZL1 wear off? I'm betting no. It's one of those cars that will be talked about for decades to come. Much like the original ZL1s and Z/28s. In other news, I feel Chevy did the world right with the new Z/28. They brought back the "BOOM". Same with the ZL1 and COPO. Chevy is really taking some good advice from someone because their views on current and future car line-ups are just amazing...

-NerdWerx
NerdWerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:25 PM   #23
NerdWerx

Drives: '13 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
...I love the C7...it's looks great IMHO. But, at the end of the day...I am a dyed in the wool Camaro guy and couldn't do it....I know where my heart lies.
I've always been a big Camaro guy myself. My parents, however, have always been big Corvette people. Where did they go wrong (or right?) with me? It's always a point of contention in my family that I own a ZL1 and they've always had Corvettes.

I seriously considered a new Corvette before I bought my ZL1. Due to some serious back problems I've had for a long time and will continue to have the rest of my life, a Corvette just wasn't for me. Sure it was fun, felt good, and went like a bat out of Hades, but getting out of one is just too much of a nightmare to try and do on a more regular basis. Camaro ZL1 it was. Happy ever since and don't regret a thing!

-NerdWerx
NerdWerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:27 PM   #24
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2015 Panamera 4
Just traded my SS for the C7 this past Sunday. I will say the C7 is wonderful in all aspects...looks, power, ride, comfort, etc. I loved my SS! It was all me...grit, design, mod-ability (if that's a word). Just was time to make the move. I really wanted a ZL1...and the C7 was within the same price range, so I just did it!
Old 10-24-2013, 09:28 PM   #25
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by noah677 View Post
!
There are multiple time slips of various sub 12 second runs and also a video of the run.

Seems like enough evidence to me. Believe what you want.

The run was done at ATCO, which is known for great times because of its great DA and good track prep. On this particular day the DA was +400
Old 10-25-2013, 02:15 AM   #26
NightmareZL1
Can't stop ***ifying

Drives: Ashen 2013 Gray ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
I will test drive when its possible and then make a decision,

The zl1 is a special car.
Good point. I take that for granted because I have one, but you are so right. C7 will be everywhere soon.
Rotofab, grinding rear diff sound forever, dealer replaced supercharger - now i have a rattle when starting from a stop, ordered 2.35 lingenfelter pulley, hp tuner, belt, 100mm idler pulley, tr7IX spark plugs, wideband kit, long tubes with no cats...hoping for 650hp. dyno with rotofab = 518hp
NightmareZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 02:22 AM   #27
Michael2000

Drives: .
If you are going to do it, I'd wait. Too many quality issues right now.

Michael
Michael2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 01:24 PM   #28
noah677
Account Suspended

Drives: White Zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
There are multiple time slips of various sub 12 second runs and also a video of the run.

Seems like enough evidence to me. Believe what you want.

The run was done at ATCO, which is known for great times because of its great DA and good track prep. On this particular day the DA was +400
So you and others are basically saying the c7 is faster than the ZR1?!--and further that this is not a fluke. DO YOU REALLY BELIEVE THAT?
noah677 is offline   Reply With Quote