Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

Phastek Performance

Old 04-13-2019, 04:16 PM   #1
BruceWayne1LE

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE M6
Road Rash

So I’m gonna respray the front bumper as the road rash got bad fast. Anyone else going down this road? Obviously I regret not doing PPF when I bought the car but too late now.
Old 04-14-2019, 07:08 PM   #2
CruzinQueen

Drives: 2017 1LT RS Convertible V6 A8
OH, my gosh. My 17 vert has it bad - there are actually gouges taken out of the bumper from some direct road debris hits. The paint was thin from the factory so I imagine a respray will be in my future. I keep it waxed and clean the bugs off but the paint quality was poor from the factory and doesn't help protect it much. Let me know what you end up paying so I can start saving my pennies.

2019 GMC Terrain SLE 1.5T - Blue Steel Metallic/Black Cloth "Soccer Mom Spec"
CruzinQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 07:52 PM   #3
blucrayon

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Can you let us know how much this will eventually run you?

Thinking of doing something similar soon as well.

Thanks.
blucrayon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 09:56 PM   #4
BruceWayne1LE

I’ve been quoted from a few shops in the ballpark of 900-1300 for a respray. That includes time for removal of the front clip, prep and paint with reinstallation. So I’ve been thinking of buying a zl1 bumper from IKON and having that sprayed alone so I can keep driving the car while the paint cures. Then having the bumper Xpel wrapped before installing it. This would also allow me to put the car on the lift and remove to stocker so I can clean the bugs out of the radiator and coolers. Possibly instal a radiator guard before the new bumper goes on.
Old 05-08-2019, 09:58 PM   #5
BruceWayne1LE

Also this could save a good amount of labor costs since the removal of the bumper and installation would be done by the wrap shop. Also the prep of a new bumper would be far less than sanding down the old paint and prepping for the stocker.
Old 06-29-2019, 11:18 PM   #6
cmitchell17

Drives: 17 2SS, 8L90, Cam, Heads, E85
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceWayne1LE View Post
Also this could save a good amount of labor costs since the removal of the bumper and installation would be done by the wrap shop. Also the prep of a new bumper would be far less than sanding down the old paint and prepping for the stocker.
How much did this end up costing you? Also how much for the wrap to? I am going to have to go this route as well and I definitely don't want to fix all of it just to put it back on with no protection, even though I am skeptical a wrap will protect it from highway driving and rock chips.
cmitchell17 is offline   Reply With Quote