Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-05-2018, 02:10 PM   #57
Spartan268

Drives: HB 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lt4camaro View Post
The post said its verified the Kia puts down rwhp that equals factory rated horsepower which is crank horsepower. If the kia dyno's 355 hp at the wheel , that's around 410 at the crank. No GM, Ford, or dodge dyno the same Factory HP rating at the rear wheels. That would indicate the hypo Kia is underated.

If you seen the dynos for almost every twin turbo car recently they all have the same results. Q50/Q60 Premium and red sports do the same. All BMWs report the same. There seems to be a common pattern here. There was a theory somewhere else it's to do with DA correction as FI engines aren't prone to it but it's still getting correction applied to it.

The one thing I do find weird is that the numbers never translate to their performance. With the stinger specifically I saw it's similar to the Audi's where it's an AWD hero but runs out of breath before finishing the quarter.
Spartan268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 03:31 PM   #58
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan268 View Post
If you seen the dynos for almost every twin turbo car recently they all have the same results. Q50/Q60 Premium and red sports do the same. All BMWs report the same. There seems to be a common pattern here. There was a theory somewhere else it's to do with DA correction as FI engines aren't prone to it but it's still getting correction applied to it.

The one thing I do find weird is that the numbers never translate to their performance. With the stinger specifically I saw it's similar to the Audi's where it's an AWD hero but runs out of breath before finishing the quarter.
The thing is the Stinger I ran only hit 102 in the quarter, so it fits what you say, but that 12.78 was recorded with a 2.0 60', so AWD did not have much to do with that launch. Later my friends told me it ran a 12.5. But I did not see that one. With a tune the Stinger is an 11 second car. More of a BMW 3-4 competitor than the ponies.

Last edited by Fraxum; 06-06-2018 at 06:49 AM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 08:02 PM   #59
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:

I do not follow any twin turbo cars unless they are GM, Ford or Mopar. So you are saying that a lot of twin turbo cars are dynoing wheel horsepower equal to the Rating the manufacturer assigns to it which is crank horsepower ?? Like the ford raptor which is rated at 450 horse dynos at 450 wheel horse?? I find that extraordinary.
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 08:12 PM   #60
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexit53 View Post
I feel the grip levels should be the same or similar to be "fair" but yes lol

smh. there are and never will be 'fair' comparisons. Ever. There are too many variables between cars now. You'll never find 2 cars exactly alike.
Old 06-05-2018, 08:15 PM   #61
danhr
BAMF SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS A8
Send a message via AIM to danhr
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondZ28 View Post
It's a consistent low 12-second car, even the article you posted says so. They only touched 11 once

They were pretty consistent with their 2.0 60's too.... soooooo once you figure that ouuutt.....
danhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 09:48 AM   #62
Spartan268

Drives: HB 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
The thing is the Stinger I ran only hit 102 in the quarter, so it fits what you say, but that 12.78 was recorded with a 2.0 60', so AWD did not have much to do with that launch. Later my friends told me it ran a 12.5. But I did not see that one. With a tune the Stinger is an 11 second car. More of a BMW 3-4 competitor than the ponies.

That's super interesting. I'll see how long term reliability holds out but the stinger looks very appealing with those numbers. Heck us Camaro boys got our work cut out for us if those tunes do anything like other TT cars.

Quote:
I do not follow any twin turbo cars unless they are GM, Ford or Mopar. So you are saying that a lot of twin turbo cars are dynoing wheel horsepower equal to the Rating the manufacturer assigns to it which is crank horsepower ?? Like the ford raptor which is rated at 450 horse dynos at 450 wheel horse?? I find that extraordinary.

The raptor might not be the best example since it'll have more drivetrain loss from the big wheels and other components. But I do know cars like the Q60 premium is crank 300 and hitting very close to that on the dyno as well. M3's with 425HP crank dynoing at 415ish. Similar story with M4s.
Spartan268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 03:35 PM   #63
STYLO LT1

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS Vert.
Quote:
Extraordinary for sure.
STYLO LT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 03:50 PM   #64
GuywithL86

Drives: Black
Quote:
The raptor might not be the best example since it'll have more drivetrain loss from the big wheels and other components.

you got that right

a full bolt-on L86 running e85 dyno's around 410-420whp.

The camaro with the same exact motor with bolt ons is hitting what, 480whp?
GuywithL86 is offline   Reply With Quote