Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 10-21-2015, 09:40 PM   #43
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by NASTY99Z28 View Post
The gt350 has wider tires,weighs less,has more hp and the gearing to offset the lack of torque so what exactly makes some of you think the z28 can beat it? We know the 350's will be faster on the straights by looking at the mph difference on the drag strip.
How many actually think that? Most believe it will slot right in between the R and the TP as Ford has stated.
Old 10-21-2015, 11:34 PM   #44
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
The base 350 isnt going to be blowing the z28 away on the back strait with a 117 trap.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 06:41 AM   #45
Bosse'sBoss

Drives: '16 Camaro SS 6 spd manual transm.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
How many actually think that? Most believe it will slot right in between the R and the TP as Ford has stated.
I will love to see the Z28 VS GT350R lap times, it would be a great match, both look awesome.
Bosse'sBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 09:13 AM   #46
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
There's not a lot but the posts due pop up in almost every thread the GT350 is mentioned. Here are some highlights lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
Take that POS GT350R and drop it in a crusher, its 7 years newer then the Z/28 and still only gets close to the Z/28, funny how most complain but don't own one or the other, if you add a cab to the car you can get 100+rwhp to it, take the car to the track and have fun, there will always be faster cars.

P.S. is the 1ss gen6 car not faster now then the GT350?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
Right? So much fun when Ferarambo owners come to our Camaro forum to discuss how track capable they think their son's future Ford model is trying to competing against a 5 year old Camaro.

Complete reviews on the 6th gen are out finally, this fabled GT350 just got schooled and has been found lacking, yet again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
Agree to some extent, but this car is not hitting the open market for another year and is considerably under powered to the V8's GM is putting on the road by then. With some tuning, the turbo 4 will even out perform the GT350, which is scary. The '16 R has earned respect to enter the ballpark of older model Z/28 / 911 territory for sure, but even their "prototype" models have been found lacking at the pro level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDISIN View Post
GT350 has been noticeably absent from all comparisons this year. Still no performance numbers of any kind and orders for 2015 models still sitting idle. It will be included in the 2016 R&T PCOTY which usually hits in November. I'm starting to wonder if the results are less than stellar, i.e. metrics being withheld so orders aren't cancelled.
Again not alot but there are a few that think the GT350 won't be as fast as the majority believe it will be

Last edited by shaffe; 10-22-2015 at 11:42 AM.
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 11:16 PM   #47
72MachOne99GT
Anthrax Popcorn User

Drives: 2013 GT500
Its bewildering to me (just mustyoed 2 words.. apologize. ..drunk)

But the fanboys (aka negative connotation) on both sites are embarrassing.

Lets keep it simple. ..

The 350R is going to beat the Z/28..... its lighter... it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...

Do t get me wrong.. people will praiese a d bash it for reasons like

Its newer (compared tk c5 models)
Its lighter (compared to c5 models)
Its late (compared to c5 models)
Seriously...guys... its just a step...

Its gonna beat tbe z/28... the next zl1 or z28 is gonna return the favor

Quit stroking your goddamn cocks tona car only a minority of you can afford.

Arent we all in the same boat afterall? The auto Hellcats are molesting us by a half second (
Quote:
...if you want to compare performance numbers, well, the GT500 retains it's title of the highest hp, worst performing car in the world.
72MachOne99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 05:22 AM   #48
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot

Drives: 2003 Mustang Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72MachOne99GT View Post

Lets keep it simple. ..

The 350R is going to beat the Z/28..... its lighter... it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...

Arent we all in the same boat afterall? The auto Hellcats are molesting us by a half second (
Drunk posting is awesome.

But inebriated or not, I hear what you're saying.

Old 10-23-2015, 07:52 AM   #49
NASTY99Z28

Drives: 99z28 with bolt-ons and a mwc fab 9
Quote:

Lets keep it simple. ..

I'd like to buy you a round.
Old 10-26-2015, 02:52 PM   #50
shaffe

Quote:
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) .

(
This might be the most amazing thing I have read on any forum.....ever
Old 10-26-2015, 03:30 PM   #51
GTIanZ28

Drives: 2016 V6 RS Camaro 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
This might be the most amazing thing I have read on any forum.....ever
And with that post I hereby nominate 72MachOne99GT to be the resident Mustang spokesman for the Camaro Forums.

and DD what?
Old 10-28-2015, 10:01 AM   #52
shaffe

hahaha That post is still making me laugh.

and now that post will live forever as my signature
Old 11-17-2015, 11:03 AM   #53
ParisTNDude
Owning SSes for 50 Years

Drives: Sharkskin Grey LT1
We sometimes argue these points of torque vs high RPM engines, but most of us drive these cars day to day. I just can't see the majority of us driving on the street in the power range of the Voodoo engine and having fun. I always loved the second gear, high torque motors Chevrolet offers which are much more streetable than high revving engines.

On the track, it might be a different story, but on slower speed many turn courses such as Laguna Seca, a low speed high torque motor might have an advantage. On long straight away courses like Road America, there might be an advantage for a high revving engine. We will see these comparisons early next year.

Previous Performance Cars:

1966 Chevelle SS 4M, 2010 Corvette 6M
1968 Dodge Charger R/T Auto 2012 1SS 6M
1982 Corvette Auto 2010 1SS 6A
1984 Corvette Auto 2016 2SS 8A
1999 Camaro Auto 2017 HBM 1SS 1le
2002 C5 Corvette 6M 2018 2SS
2006 Corvette Auto 2023 Camaro LT1
ParisTNDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 11:18 AM   #54
ParisTNDude
Owning SSes for 50 Years

Drives: Sharkskin Grey LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis View Post
I think its awesome that the American car market is realizing that its not all about stop light to stop light drag races anymore. People want cars they can take to a road course and auto-x and be competitive with their European and Japanese counterparts without modification.
I agree with the awesomeness! I have this thought: GM has a winner in the three major categories of performance cars: Luxury--Cadillac ATS, CTSV, Pony car GT, Camaro Z28, 16 Camaro SS, and of course the all out sports car Corvette Z06.

I would think that Ford would be building a world class winner since they have only one car that really runs well in the Mustang. Seems they could more easily develop it into a car that could be competitive in any category. As it is, there's plenty who think the "base" Camaro may compete handily with Ford's best.

Maybe Ford will build a Lemans contender with the new Ford GT, but I expect the price of one of those on the street will be more than most on this forum could ever afFord.

Previous Performance Cars:

1966 Chevelle SS 4M, 2010 Corvette 6M
1968 Dodge Charger R/T Auto 2012 1SS 6M
1982 Corvette Auto 2010 1SS 6A
1984 Corvette Auto 2016 2SS 8A
1999 Camaro Auto 2017 HBM 1SS 1le
2002 C5 Corvette 6M 2018 2SS
2006 Corvette Auto 2023 Camaro LT1
ParisTNDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 08:43 PM   #55
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisTNDude View Post
We sometimes argue these points of torque vs high RPM engines, but most of us drive these cars day to day. I just can't see the majority of us driving on the street in the power range of the Voodoo engine and having fun. I always loved the second gear, high torque motors Chevrolet offers which are much more streetable than high revving engines.

On the track, it might be a different story, but on slower speed many turn courses such as Laguna Seca, a low speed high torque motor might have an advantage. On long straight away courses like Road America, there might be an advantage for a high revving engine. We will see these comparisons early next year.
I think the performance gap between the Camaro and Mustang with only a 20hp difference and similar weight say a lot. For the 1/4 mile IMO its torque all day.

Even the 5th gen with less hp and more weight pretty much equaled the s550 in the 1/4 mile. The s197 had an advantage because of lower weight and SRA at the strip. Better for launching and less drivetrain loss.

And I really don't get people thinking these GM motors are lazy up top. They rev to 6500 RPM and to me have a very strong top end delivery IMO. It doesn't kick in like an OHC motor but it sets you back and keeps you there. I think the weak bottom end gives the impression of stronger top end with the OHC small displacement motors.

Surely anyone who has driven a cammed motor would be crazy to say they lack pull on top.
My ls3 with a g6x3 cam revved to 7200 rpm and made power everywhere.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 11:39 PM   #56
72MachOne99GT
Anthrax Popcorn User

Drives: 2013 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisTNDude View Post

Taking sides asise

You knkw what u like to do when im really bearin on a car?

I shuft and lift at three quarters reline.

Its rewardeinf... i tell you what it iz.

Around town..wbwn i beat ona car.. boom immediately shuft 3K before redli ebecause... town...

Jesus christ you guys have ever had sex with a wife lady? Shes saying kw ow kw at 6k....**** it

Metal to the hammer.... 8250 son

Neither her...you...the car...or the powerpand c6 weirdos will be moaning stop
Quote:
...if you want to compare performance numbers, well, the GT500 retains it's title of the highest hp, worst performing car in the world.
72MachOne99GT is offline   Reply With Quote