Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-21-2017, 11:59 PM   #15
Naturday13

Drives: 2017 ZL1
What's this guys credibility? Sounds to me like he is simply regurgitating everything that's already been stated about these cars by reputable car mags... Did I miss something newly mentioned?
Old 03-23-2017, 08:19 AM   #16
NB2017ZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1 10 Speed Hyper Blue
New 2018 Dodge Demon

So looks like 3 power levels in the car:

757 HP on premium gas then with the extra fuel pump running e85 815hp... Then the third level requires a purchase of a "crate" probably their term for a stage getting into the 900+HP range..

Also now has Translock which is a first for a street legal car. Times for 1/4 mile are in the mid 9's...

The 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon leverages a performance feature that is sure to make it one for the history books. Unlocked on March 23, the newest teaser, “Lock and Load,” shares a feature that not only delivers the highest level of dedicated drag car technology offered in a production car but also, until now, could only be found in the aftermarket for "track use only" vehicles.

The 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon is the first ever, factory production car with a TransBrake™. This exclusive performance feature enables the SRT Demon to produce launch forces previously unattainable by street legal production vehicles. Quicker power delivery and higher engine launch torque potential are achieved by locking the output shaft of the automatic transmission to keep the vehicle stationary until launch.

Conventional vehicle launches consist of the driver using one foot on the brake and one on the accelerator pedal to increase engine speed while holding the vehicle stationary, known as foot-brake launch or two-footing. The SRT Demon’s TransBrake feature provides improved reaction times and more consistent launches by utilizing the steering wheel paddle shifters as a launch trigger. Using the driver’s finger exclusively to trigger launch of the SRT Demon results in a 30 percent reaction time advantage over foot-brake launches.

By locking the output shaft of the transmission, the Challenger SRT Demon’s TransBrake works in conjunction with Torque Reserve to achieve:
Brake-free launches up to 2,350 RPM
105 percent increase in launch boost pressures
120 percent increase engine launch torque
To make sure the SRT Demon can take full advantage of maximum torque at launch, the TransBrake feature also includes a driveline preload process. Preloading ensures engine torque is applied through the entire driveline all the way to the rear wheels. The result is full engine torque delivery where the tires touch the ground 150 milliseconds after the paddle shifter is released. Preloading the driveline also provides reduced component spike loads and thus less potential of component damage. The overall result is faster acceleration at launch, better 60-foot times and improved quarter-mile times.

The TransBrake feature also compliments the SRT Demon’s new lightweight brake package, designed to enable the use of narrow front-runner wheels at the drag strip. With TransBrake holding the SRT Demon steady, more torque is available via higher engine rpm without fear of overwhelming the reduced grip of braked front runners. This gives the SRT Demon up to 40 percent more available launch torque compared to vehicles with front runners using a foot-brake launch.

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 892
Size:  102.4 KB
Old 03-23-2017, 09:54 AM   #17
ZL1 1LE
@zle_blackwing

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by NB2017ZL1 View Post

757 HP on premium gas then with the extra fuel pump running e85 815hp... Then the third level requires a purchase of a "crate" probably their term for a stage getting into the 900+HP range..

Also now has Translock which is a first for a street legal car. Times for 1/4 mile are in the mid 9's...

The 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon leverages a performance feature that is sure to make it one for the history books. Unlocked on March 23, the newest teaser, “Lock and Load,” shares a feature that not only delivers the highest level of dedicated drag car technology offered in a production car but also, until now, could only be found in the aftermarket for "track use only" vehicles.

The 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon is the first ever, factory production car with a TransBrake™. This exclusive performance feature enables the SRT Demon to produce launch forces previously unattainable by street legal production vehicles. Quicker power delivery and higher engine launch torque potential are achieved by locking the output shaft of the automatic transmission to keep the vehicle stationary until launch.

Conventional vehicle launches consist of the driver using one foot on the brake and one on the accelerator pedal to increase engine speed while holding the vehicle stationary, known as foot-brake launch or two-footing. The SRT Demon’s TransBrake feature provides improved reaction times and more consistent launches by utilizing the steering wheel paddle shifters as a launch trigger. Using the driver’s finger exclusively to trigger launch of the SRT Demon results in a 30 percent reaction time advantage over foot-brake launches.

By locking the output shaft of the transmission, the Challenger SRT Demon’s TransBrake works in conjunction with Torque Reserve to achieve:
To make sure the SRT Demon can take full advantage of maximum torque at launch, the TransBrake feature also includes a driveline preload process. Preloading ensures engine torque is applied through the entire driveline all the way to the rear wheels. The result is full engine torque delivery where the tires touch the ground 150 milliseconds after the paddle shifter is released. Preloading the driveline also provides reduced component spike loads and thus less potential of component damage. The overall result is faster acceleration at launch, better 60-foot times and improved quarter-mile times.

The TransBrake feature also compliments the SRT Demon’s new lightweight brake package, designed to enable the use of narrow front-runner wheels at the drag strip. With TransBrake holding the SRT Demon steady, more torque is available via higher engine rpm without fear of overwhelming the reduced grip of braked front runners. This gives the SRT Demon up to 40 percent more available launch torque compared to vehicles with front runners using a foot-brake launch.

Attachment 859754
This car scares me. Scares me in that after the 1st 16 year old kills themselves in it that big brother is going to come down hard and end this era that we're in.
Old 03-23-2017, 10:37 AM   #18
Yees00911

Drives: Honda CRV
I love it! LMAO
Yees00911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 02:34 PM   #19
Diggitydog

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Nightfall Convertible M6
I hate the truck flares and think a single threat car is extremely limited in market.
I LOVE that they are building this car and finding a unique way to promote the brand. Chevy could take a lesson in that department.
Lastly I would never buy the Demon. 9 second car guys often are good at building their own for less IMO. They won't get the sweet Demon impact driver though.
Diggitydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 03:03 PM   #20
NB2017ZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1 10 Speed Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggitydog View Post
I hate the truck flares and think a single threat car is extremely limited in market.
I LOVE that they are building this car and finding a unique way to promote the brand. Chevy could take a lesson in that department.
Lastly I would never buy the Demon. 9 second car guys often are good at building their own for less IMO. They won't get the sweet Demon impact driver though.
Limited plus imagine the ADM on it. They will go for big bucks. One dimentional car. No thanks for me.
Old 03-23-2017, 03:10 PM   #21
catdog

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 M6 pdr roof CF blk
Overheating issues for GT350?

http://autoweek.com/article/car-news...d-go-limp-mode
catdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 03:21 PM   #22
KLR ZL1
H-Town Camaro Club Member

Drives: 17 Hyper Blue Metallic KLR-ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17CamaroZL1 View Post
Yes. It sounds like ignition is cut on upshifts. At least in the lower gears. Like a quick shifter on a motorcycle. Cutting the ignition on a bike allows you to pull the transmission into the next gear without using the clutch. I've noticed what sounds like ignition being cut between shifts both driving my car and in many videos of the A10 launching from a stop. So if this is what's happening, the ignition being cut, slows the engine during the shift to the higher gear, making for a smooth shift. I know for certain it blips the throttle when manually downshifting, especially in the lower gears. You can really hear it when dropping into 3rd, 2nd, and 1st. Love the sound of it!
I think your getting the two confussed. Do you understand what a rematch is and does?
Old 03-23-2017, 03:40 PM   #23
ZL1 1LE
@zle_blackwing

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdog View Post
I hope that they'll have to answer to that total failure on their part.
Old 03-23-2017, 03:54 PM   #24
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdog View Post
The GT350 Tech Packs had overheating issues from day one. Some people even went into limp mode just driving back roads. That's why Ford made the track pack standard on GT350s.
Old 03-23-2017, 04:07 PM   #25
VAZL1

Drives: 17 ZL1
The Demon is being built to dominate the drag strip (bragging rights) and based on specifications so far, don't believe it will be a problem. Most likely a low production car which will further increase ADM.
Old 03-23-2017, 05:00 PM   #26
Yees00911

Drives: Honda CRV
Quote:
Originally Posted by NB2017ZL1 View Post

Attachment 859754
Can you give me the link for this info please?
Yees00911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 05:00 PM   #27
Diggitydog

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Nightfall Convertible M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAZL1 View Post
The Demon is being built to dominate the drag strip (bragging rights) and based on specifications so far, don't believe it will be a problem. Most likely a low production car which will further increase ADM.
The Demon is a good marketing tool. All kinds of bragging about how fast it is in a straight line anyway. Even Nascar can turn one direction and people love to beat up on them for that! Not me, I quite like Nascar.

The Hellcat boys will be butthurt when they get asked "Is that a Demon??!!!"......."No, it's a Hellcat."... "Oh, thought it was the fast one. Never mind."
Diggitydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 07:22 PM   #28
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1 1LE View Post
This car scares me. Scares me in that after the 1st 16 year old kills themselves in it that big brother is going to come down hard and end this era that we're in.
How many 16 year olds are going to be able to afford one? Plus they kill themselves every year on sport bikes and you can still buy those cheap.