Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-28-2018, 10:21 AM   #1121
Spartan268

Drives: HB 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
not posting this to stir up shit, I'm sure all mods are not disclosed but damn the mph these cars are pushing n/a is pretty amazing and this pass was in +1700' d/a, easy 132mph car in negative air. should easily be a mid 140 car with a TVS on pump gas... kinda makes me think i'm going to have to upgrade in a couple yrs.

Oh hush. You're here to stir and you know it. But back on topic. That's a very nice run. I've noticed E85 really does something else to the coyote motors.
Spartan268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 10:37 AM   #1122
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Its the single biggest bolt on gain for the SS as well. Around 30 rwhp.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 12:20 PM   #1123
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
not posting this to stir up shit, I'm sure all mods are not disclosed but damn the mph these cars are pushing n/a is pretty amazing and this pass was in +1700' d/a, easy 132mph car in negative air. should easily be a mid 140 car with a TVS on pump gas... kinda makes me think i'm going to have to upgrade in a couple yrs.

Smh. Here we go again. 20 seconds in the video I spot DR's and an obvious cam. So, I'll go out on the limb here and say it's prob E85, Cammed, Intake, Headers, I can go down the list. Which, technically would make it all motor, but the Ford fanboys are snarkly trying to replace the words.........FBO (so therefore it's still "stock) with "all motor" which again, in the fanboys eyes, means........."still stock" since there are no power adders. (NOS or Blower).
Old 05-28-2018, 12:41 PM   #1124
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
the cam sound was a different car IMO
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 12:43 PM   #1125
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
My 15 GT was disappointing due to the lack of low end power, the 3.31 gears, and the fact that they kill the throttle from the factory. The only saving grace was that it was the Premium which gave me the toggles and I could switch it to Sport or Track mode which gave me more throttle. That helped, but it still wasn't enough to satisfy me as compared to my SS. In fact, my 15 GT never felt like a 435 hp car at all. It didn't start to feel fast until I voided the warranty with a tune and the GT350 stuff. In contrast, my 2010 SS always felt fast from the test drive to the drive home and months after. And that was just with 3.42 gears. Both cars were M6 trans BTW. Even the PP GT with 3.73 gears still felt slow on the low end even tho they would just spin the tires. And the sucky part of that was at highway speeds your engine is screaming which I don't particularly like. Even with 3.31s I felt my engine was screaming at 75-80 MPH in comparison to my SS.
My 15 GT had the PP and even with 3.73s it sucked. After mods and tunes FBO it sounded good but still only had about 3000 rpm of useable power. Never again.

Now the 18 runs like the 15 should have. Until it breaks anyway. Still plagued with QC issues. Valvetrain problems both trannies failing, and snapping driveshafts on stock power, hood flutter, we could go on and on. Sorry to the fanboys but I'm not impressed. At all. At the very best the car is wildly inconsistent from car to car.
Chadicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 02:57 PM   #1126
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
Smh. Here we go again. 20 seconds in the video I spot DR's and an obvious cam. So, I'll go out on the limb here and say it's prob E85, Cammed, Intake, Headers, I can go down the list. Which, technically would make it all motor, but the Ford fanboys are snarkly trying to replace the words.........FBO (so therefore it's still "stock) with "all motor" which again, in the fanboys eyes, means........."still stock" since there are no power adders. (NOS or Blower).
LOL cams? No, that was the 4th gen in the other lane...and who in their right mind would not assume DR's? You can see the Drag Pack 5 seconds into the video. And who claims a FBO car is still stock? stock long block sure.

Technically "all motor" is "all motor".

Last edited by FastCarFanBoy; 05-28-2018 at 03:09 PM.
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 03:44 PM   #1127
kttxz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
the cam sound was a different car IMO

Was it? I was starting to think that after I watched the video again. haha.
Old 05-28-2018, 08:45 PM   #1128
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
because the mods become irrelevant at some point...a bolt on GT or SS trapping nearly 130mph in '1700 air is impressive to anyone who has been serious about modding and racing cars. Bolt-on 5.0's walking Z06's should be impressive to anyone that is not a Fanboy or would not get similarly walked.
How are the mods irrelevant when you don't even know what they are? And why would someone put a performance mod on the car if it is irrelevant at that point? If it's on there then they put it on for a reason and that is to go faster or to support going faster.

And for the record, it's not about being a fanboy. Even if it is then guess what, you're on a Camaro page. Being a "fanboy" is no different than being an enthusiast...everyone has their preference. So if you sit here telling me that a GT beat a Z06 which are known to be low 11 to high 10 sec cars stock, then you better believe someone is gonna wanna know what was done. There is a lot involved in going that fast and you know...and so does " anyone who has been serious about modding and racing cars" which is why I said what I said. It's the idiots and morons and gullible people and those who aren't serious about racing that don't care about the details. A Mustang GTis nowhere in the performance category of a Z06. So if a GT beats one then it had a lot done and the driver is a damn good driver. So don't sit here acting or trying to play it off like not much was done. And I'll repeat, it isn't impressive if nobody knows WTF is done to the car. It could have a 150 shot for all I know. Because according to some, isn't nitrous still all motor and not forced induction? Weren't you one of the ones debating that? So if he isn't disclosing all his mods which you yourself said, then why would I be impressed?

Oh and here is something you Mustang guys like to say..."put those same mods on (the Z06) and then let's see what happens.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 08:57 PM   #1129
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan268 View Post
Oh hush. You're here to stir and you know it. But back on topic. That's a very nice run. I've noticed E85 really does something else to the coyote motors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
Its the single biggest bolt on gain for the SS as well. Around 30 rwhp.
Funny thing is that when the modded 15-17s were running these crazy times they all said that E85 makes a big difference in these cars. But now that the 18 GTs that are running these "impressive" times are all on E85 they wanna downplay it and call it "all motor" and act like E85 isn't that big a deal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadicus View Post
My 15 GT had the PP and even with 3.73s it sucked. After mods and tunes FBO it sounded good but still only had about 3000 rpm of useable power. Never again.

Now the 18 runs like the 15 should have. Until it breaks anyway. Still plagued with QC issues. Valvetrain problems both trannies failing, and snapping driveshafts on stock power, hood flutter, we could go on and on. Sorry to the fanboys but I'm not impressed. At all. At the very best the car is wildly inconsistent from car to car.
I'm not impressed in the slightest either. You have to do LTs and GT350 IM on them to get power out of them. I never felt a car that had 3.73s, spun at the slightest throttle input, yet had no actual low end grunt like the 15-17 GTs. I would like to test drive an 18 to see how it compares.

Quote:
LOL cams? No, that was the 4th gen in the other lane...and who in their right mind would not assume DR's? You can see the Drag Pack 5 seconds into the video. And who claims a FBO car is still stock? stock long block sure.

Technically "all motor" is "all motor".
"All motor" can also be a stroker kit with aggressive cams, torque converter, gears, LTs...heck some of these all motor engines can make more HP that supercharged engines. But hey, it's still "all motor".

Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
Was it? I was starting to think that after I watched the video again. haha.
Coyote engines don't lope like pushrod engines do. Which is why they do that ghost cam bullshit. But you can legit hide a cam in a DOHC engine. I did stage 2 cams in my 03 GT (SOHC) and you could not tell there was a cam in it at all. Buddy of mine did stage 2s in his 4V engine and it was virtually the same. I'm not accusing these guys of hiding cams...yet. But they definitely could. Along with a slew of other mods. I was on a forum and they had a laundry list of all the things you could do to a GT and hide. And unless you knew what you were looking for and had tools you'd never know the car was modded.
Old 05-29-2018, 10:27 AM   #1130
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Use your imagination.

Because I was talking about the Camaro. I was talking about Ford and how they choose to skimp out on performance.
They separate packages and combinations and make people pay extra for them instead of bundling it all together to make one killer package. See, I'm not criticizing GM because GM has been killing Ford in performance for the past recent years. It took drastic changes for Ford to get this far and it is still late in the game for them to just now be catching up. I get it, it works good for them. But if your defense is "well why didn't Chevy put the A10 in the SS 1LE" then the fact that the SS 1LE matched the GT350R and can beat the non-R might be a good reason why.
I am going to assume you meant to say "because I wasn't talking about Camaro."

Quote:
And I'll add...they're still being skimpy. They could very well have combined the Bullitt's engine with the PP2 and given it the option of having the A10 or M6. Chevy would have done that for sure to bury the competition. But not Ford. .
You brought Camaro into it. Those are your exact words. You said Chevy would have, but they didn't. So in your own words wouldn't that make Chevy skimpy as well?

You asked why no A10 in the Bullitt, you asked why no A10 in the PP2. I countered with same valid question to you about Chevy. Why is that skimpy for Ford but not for Chevy?

The correct answer, is pretty much how Martin addressed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
The two bolded passages are very much related. The history of the 1LE RPO code is that it NEVER had an automatic. Just as the Bullitt cars, both movie and commercially available, didn’t have automatics. The 1LE comes from a special, barely on the books order option that allowed dealers to option street cars same as race cars and allowed Chevrolet to homologate specially prepared Camaros for a specific race series.

So the reason LT, SS, & ZL1 1LE don’t have the 10AT is very similar to why Bullitt doesn’t get the 10AT.
It just is, I don't think it's being skimpy in the case of the Bullitt/PP2 not getting the A10 or PP2 not getting Bullitt engine upgrades.

Where I will agree with you is that yeah to get the most performance out of the mustang you do have to tick some option boxes where as on the SS you just have to pick the SS.

Quote:
My 15 GT was disappointing due to the lack of low end power, the 3.31 gears, and the fact that they kill the throttle from the factory. The only saving grace was that it was the Premium which gave me the toggles and I could switch it to Sport or Track mode which gave me more throttle. That helped, but it still wasn't enough to satisfy me as compared to my SS. In fact, my 15 GT never felt like a 435 hp car at all. It didn't start to feel fast until I voided the warranty with a tune and the GT350 stuff. In contrast, my 2010 SS always felt fast from the test drive to the drive home and months after. And that was just with 3.42 gears. Both cars were M6 trans BTW. Even the PP GT with 3.73 gears still felt slow on the low end even tho they would just spin the tires. And the sucky part of that was at highway speeds your engine is screaming which I don't particularly like. Even with 3.31s I felt my engine was screaming at 75-80 MPH in comparison to my SS.

Oh come on now, screaming at 3500 RPM on the highway is a blast lol.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(

Last edited by shaffe; 05-29-2018 at 12:41 PM.
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 10:49 AM   #1131
kttxz06

We get it. A built.........."all motor" is now considered "stock". yea yea yea. It's stock cus there are no power adders. We get it Ford fanboys.
Old 05-29-2018, 12:38 PM   #1132
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Irrational much?

Screaming along at 2500rpm on the highway? That’s with 3.73’s....3.31’s? A white knuckle 2200rpm
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 01:40 PM   #1133
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
The Camaro already had the A10 first...it was in the 17 Camaro ZL1. The SS is now getting it for 2019 MY. More than likely they will change certain things to make it optimal for the LT1 engine. So I doubt it will be the same.
It is not the same. They are getting a slightly less version of it. They'll actually get the same version that's going in the Silverado. The version that is in the ZL1 is a 10L90 and the one for the SS will be 10L80. The 10L90 is the heavy duty variety of the two.
Old 05-29-2018, 02:30 PM   #1134
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Irrational much?

Screaming along at 2500rpm on the highway? That’s with 3.73’s....3.31’s? A white knuckle 2200rpm
When you've got an exhaust and you're hearing loud drone then yes, that sounds like the engine is screaming. Plus by comparison, my SS (at that time I had it) would do those same speeds at 500 RPM less and no drone whatsoever. It was a big difference in both cars. The GT I could have a phone conversation if I was going over 55 MPH. The SS never had that problem. My 2V GT was even worse.